Detroit, Michigan, United States
While Lizzo was studying in high school, she took classes to learn how to play the classical flute.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – She has a sister.
Lizzo is managed by Full Stop Management.
Hip hop, alternative hip hop, pop music
Totally Gross National Product, BGSW, Atlantic Records
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
95 kg or 209.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lizzo has remained largely tight-lipped about her personal life when interacting with the media, which makes it difficult to say anything about her dating history and love life.
Race / Ethnicity
- Voluminous curly hair
- Oversized figure
Her and Caroline Smith’s single Let ‘Em Say was used in a TV commercial for Target.
She has also used her strong social media following to promote a couple of products and brands.
Best Known For
- The critical acclaim garnered by her studio album, Big Grrrl Small World. The album was placed in the 17th spot by Spin magazine in the list featuring “50 Best Hip-Hop Albums of 2015”.
- The cult following achieved by her single My Skin, which aims to drive empowerment message home.
- Having collaborated with established artists such as Prince, Mike Mictlan, and Lazerbreak.
In 2013, she released her debut studio album, Lizzobangers in collaboration with independent label, Totally Gross National Product. After she became a nationwide sensation, the album was re-released by Virgin Records in 2014.
First TV Show
In 2014, Lizzo made her first TV show appearance in the reality TV series, Made in Chelsea: NYC.
Lizzo Favorite Things
- NFL Team – Minnesota Vikings
Source – NPR
- She decided to move to Minnesota after her band in Houston had broken up. Heartbroken, she moved to Denver with her mother and sister for a brief time and there she met a record producer, who encouraged her to move to Minnesota for the sake of her career.
- Initially, she wasn’t interested in moving to Minnesota as she wasn’t particularly a fan of the freezing weather conditions.
- In her early days in Minnesota, she used to perform with the soul-pop duo, Lizzo & The Larva Ink. She was also a member of the female rap group, The Chalice, which was quite popular locally.
- While growing up, she often battled with body acceptance. Her insecurities continued to haunt her until she reached the age of 21 when she realized that she can’t change who she is and she should be okay with it.
- She has founded 5 different rap / hip-hop groups – Grrrl Prty, The Chalice, Ellypseas, The Clerb, and Absynthe.
- In 2014, she was included by the Time magazine in the list featuring 14 music artists to watch in 2014.
- Early in her childhood, her family decided to move to Houston from Michigan.
- Visit her official website @ lizzomusic.com.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Soundcloud, iTunes, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Lizzo / Instagram