|Johnny Galecki Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||April 30, 1975|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Johnny Galecki is an American actor, voiceover artist, and producer who is best known for having been cast as Dr. Leonard Hofstadter in The Big Bang Theory and for appearing as David Healy in both Roseanne and The Conners. Moreover, the actor has also been cast in a variety of other shows and movies like Family Guy, My Boys, I Know What You Did Last Summer, The Norm Show, National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, Hope & Faith, Table for Three, Billy, Vanilla Sky, A Dog’s Journey, A Family Torn Apart, A Night in the Life of Jimmy Reardon, Suicide Kings, Playing Mona Lisa, and Rings. He became one of the highest-paid television actors in the world, with his role in The Big Bang Theory earning him approximately US$900,000 per episode between 2017 and 2019.
John Mark Galecki
Galecki lives in a Spanish-style casa in the Outpost Estates neighborhood of Los Angeles. He has bought his six-bedroom house, which is spread over more than 5,000 square feet, from action star Jason Statham for more than nine million dollars.
Johnny started his acting career at a very young age. He wasn’t very interested in academics and as a result, decided to quit school in the middle of 8th grade. He also went to high school for a day.
Actor, Voiceover Artist, Producer
- Father – Richard Galecki (Member of the U.S. Air Force and was stationed in Belgium at the time of Johnny’s birth. Also worked as a rehabilitation teacher) (Died in 1991)
- Mother – Mary Louise Noon (Mortgage consultant)
- Siblings – Nick Galecki (Younger Brother) (Works in the automotive industry), Allison Galecki (Younger Sister)
- Others – Raymond S. Galecki (Paternal Grandfather), Joan Gertrude Duda (Paternal Grandmother)
Johnny Galecki has been represented by –
- Beverly Hills-based Management 360
- Tom Monjack Celebrity Enterprises, Cathedral City, California, United States
- Imprint PR, Public Relations Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Johnny Galecki has dated –
- Sara Gilbert (1992-1993) – Johnny was reportedly dating actress Sara Gilbert in 1992. They had grown close while working on the ABC sitcom, Roseanne. It was while going out with Johnny that Sara realized she was gay. He regularly used to visit her place, and after making out, she used to get depressed. Johnny took it personally before Sara told him that it might be due to her sexuality.
- Laura Harris (1996-1998) – Galecki started going out with actress Laura Harris in 1996. They had grown quite fond of each other while working in the movie, Suicide Kings. They were together for around two years until their separation in 1998.
- Ari Graynor (2006) – According to reports, Johnny was in a relationship with actress Ari Graynor in 2006. They had worked together in the theatre production of The Little Dog Laughed. While essaying the role of a couple in the play, sparks were flying between them in real life as well. However, their relationship didn’t last more than a year.
- Kelsey Harper (2007) – In June 2007, Johnny was allegedly seeing actress Kelsey Harper. However, it seems that their relationship didn’t last beyond a couple of months.
- Kaley Cuoco (2007-2010) – According to leading tabloids, Johnny started dating actress Kaley Cuoco in 2007. They had grown close while playing an on-screen couple in the TV series The Big Bang Theory. However, they decided to keep their relationship a secret from their co-stars and others. The reason for doing so was that they were protective of their relationship and didn’t want it to affect their TV show negatively. They dated for about two years before the secrecy of their relationship started taking its toll. As they had to lie all the time, it didn’t remain fun anymore, and they decided to call it quits finally.
- Laura F. (2010-2011) – He went out with Laura F. from 2010 to 2011.
- Kelli Garner (2011-2014) – Johnny started going out with actress Kelli Garner in 2011. They made their relationship public in March 2012. The couple was pretty open about their relationship and packed on plenty of PDA at award shows and also on social media. However, they decided to break up in August 2014. It was claimed that the decision was mutual and they had amicably decided to go their separate ways.
- Katie Waissel (2014) – In August 2014, English tabloids claimed that Johnny was seeing the singer and songwriter Katie Waissel. It was also reported that they had started going out just after his separation from Kelli Garner. They were first pictured out on a date at Chateau Marmont Hotel. Johnny was trying to sneak into a car with her without getting noticed, which he apparently failed in doing.
- Ariella Nicole – Johnny was linked with actress Ariella Nicole towards the end of 2015. He confirmed their relationship in December 2015 when he shared a picture of her in a private plane. Then, on New Year’s Eve, Johnny shared a picture of them kissing. Although the picture was fairly blurred, the fact that he had shared a picture of her a day before confirmed that they were dating. A couple of days later, they were snapped holidaying together in Maui. However, they later broke up.
- Alaina Meyer (2018-2020) – He started dating model Alaina Meyer in August 2018. In May 2019, the couple announced that they were expecting their first child together and their son, Avery was born in December 2019. In November 2020, it was revealed that they had broken up.
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he has Polish ancestry while on his mother’s side, he is of Italian and Irish descent.
- Short height
- Curly hair
Johnny has appeared in a TV commercial for the following brands –
- Hyundai Elantra (March 2014) (Nice Evil Woman commercial)
- Hyundai Elantra coupé and sedan (July 2014)
- Ford Fusion (2017)
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Dr. Leonard Hofstadter in the comedy-drama, The Big Bang Theory. This role won him the 2012 Satellite Award for “Best Actor – Television Series Musical or Comedy” while he was also nominated for the 2011 Primetime Emmy Award for “Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series”, 2012 Golden Globe Award for “Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series – Comedy or Musical”, and other accolades.
- Having played the supporting role of David Healy in the ABC drama sitcom, Roseanne, and receiving the 1994 Young Artist Award for “Best Youth Comedian”
In 1988, he made his theatrical film debut playing Toby Reardon in the comedy-drama, A Night in the Life of Jimmy Reardon.
First TV Show
In 1990, Johnny made his first TV show appearance playing the leading role of Danny Nash in the NBC sitcom, American Dreamer.
Since early in his life, Johnny was not into exercising and working out. However, it all changed in 2006, after he was cast in a play and his role required him to get physically fit. He had to adopt a hardcore, twice a day workout routine to whip himself into shape. Since then, he has made it a habit of working out regularly, and he especially loves the elliptical machine.
Johnny has revealed that exercising helps him deal with mood swings and also in feeling relaxed. And, for the same reason, he has started doing yoga.
When it comes to his diet, he is a big fan of juicing and tries to be consistent, even when traveling. Overall, he follows a vegetarian diet.
Johnny Galecki Favorite Things
- Dream Travel Destination – Iceland
Source – WebMD
Johnny Galecki Facts
- When he was 4 years old, he told his mother that he was going to be on TV.
- His parents tried to distract him from acting with sports. However, when he didn’t budge, they took him for open auditions at local theaters in Chicago at the age of 6.
- His first acting role was in the local production of Fiddler on the Roof.
- While growing up, he was fond of making up long stories and to silence him in such cases, his mother used to engage him in a quiet game, where he had to stay silent for as long as possible.
- He got his big breakthrough after he was cast in the role of Rusty Griswold in the 1989 comedy film, National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.
- He owned a 150 hectares ranch, which had vineyards and a log cabin, in Santa Margarita, California. However, his farm was destroyed by a wildfire in June 2017.
- At the age of 14, he was living alone in a studio apartment in Los Angeles as his parents had moved back to Chicago within 10 months of having moved there. They were missing Chicago too much.
- At the age of 10, he poked a hole in his earlobe using a pin. He had asked his parents to take him to a professional, to get his ears pierced, but they refused, and so he decided to take the matter into his own hands.
- In 2019, he appeared as Henry Montgomery, Hannah and Ethan’s deceased son, Gloria’s husband, and CJ’s father, in the comedy-drama film, A Dog’s Journey, whose cast also included Josh Gad, Dennis Quaid, Marg Helgenberger, Betty Gilpin, Kathryn Prescott, and Henry Lau.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0