|Simon Baker Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||July 30, 1969|
Simon Baker is an Australian actor, director, and producer best known for playing the role of Patrick Jane in the CBS TV Show Mentalist and Nicholas Fallin in The Guardian. Before going to Hollywood, Baker had several TV roles in TV shows such as E Street, Home and Away, and Heartbreak High and L.A. Confidential.
He has a number of industry awards under his belt including the 2009 People’s Choice Award for “Best New Series” (Season 1: with cast) on the series The mentalist, “Best Actor” in the Family Television Awards for the movie The Guardian, and the 1993 Logie Awards for the “Most Popular New Talent” in E-Street. He also has quite a number of nominations in different industry awards.
Simon Baker Denny
Simon Denny, Smiley
Launceston, Tasmania, Australia
Los Angeles, United States
Simon Baker attended St. Francis Xavier Catholic Primary School and Ballina High School.
- Father – Barry Baker (School Grounds-man)
- Mother – Elizabeth Labberton (Drama Teacher)
- Siblings – Terri (Sister) (Doctor)
Simon Baker is managed by –
- United Management (Talent Management Company), Surry Hills, New South Wales, Australia
- Untitled Entertainment (Talent Management Company), Beverly Hills, California, USA
- Creative Artists Agency (CAA) (Talent Agent), Los Angeles, California, USA
- Patricola Public Relations (Publicist), Beverly Hills, California, USA
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
- Rebecca Rigg (1998–Present) – Simon and Rebecca are married and have 3 children together, Stella (born in 1993), Claude (born in 1998) and Harry (born in 2001).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English ancestry.
- Smiley face
- Thick wavy hair
Simon has endorsed brands such as –
- ANZ Bank
- Samsung Electronics
Best Known For
- Acting in films such as LA Confidential, Judas Kiss, Secret Men’s Business, the Affair of the Necklace, S*x and Death 101, I Give It a Year, among others
- Appearing in TV shows such as E Street, Which Way to the War, Naked: Stories of Men, Smith, The Mentalist, among others
- Directing films like The Guardian
Simon Baker made his theatrical film debut as Matt Reynolds in the 1997 film LA Confidential.
First TV Show
Simon Baker made his TV show debut as Constable Sam Farrell on the 1992 TV show E Street.
To keep fit, he surfs, plays water polo, and eats loads of fish, rice, and salad.
Source – People.com
Simon Baker Favorite Things
- TV Shows – Happy Days
- Director – Martin Scorsese
Source – hauteliving.com
Simon Baker Facts
- Simon was raised in a Catholic household but is now an agnostic.
- He lived together with his wife for 5 years before getting married.
- His earnings for the mentalist role earned him US$350,000 per episode in 2010.
- His 1st TV role was in an ice-cream commercial when he took his friend to audition and decided to try his luck.
- Naomi Watts and Nicole Kidman are close friends to him and his wife. They are godparents to Claude and Harry (their sons).
- He is a member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
- He was good at surfing and water polo as a teen and competed at a state level.
- He has been in a music video as a dancer/singer for the song Love You Right by the band Euphoria.
- He played the part of Max Rourke in the remake of the Japanese horror film The Ring Two.
- He has also acted in other horror films like Land of the Dead and comedies like The Devil Wears Prada.
- In 2002 he was one of the “50 Most Beautiful People” according to People Magazine.
- In 2005, he was one of the “100 People in Hollywood You Need to Know” according to Fade magazine.
- Again in 2009, he got listed in the “100 Most Beautiful People” on the People Magazine.
- Before his foray into acting, he worked as a bricklayer, salesman, pub store-man, pizza maker, and an electrician’s assistant.
- He studied nursing for 3 months.
- His parents separated when he was just 2 years old.
- He met his wife on a blind date in 1991.
- His mentor, best friend, and surrogate father is Dabney Coleman.
- According to him, he is not a good investor. He would rather spend money on shelter and clothing.
- He won the Independent Spirit Awards for the movie Margin Call in 2012.
- He does not consider himself the quintessential gentleman.
- He does not have a favorite item of clothing.
- He always washes and moisturizes his face.
- As a young actor, he admired Jean-Paul Belmondo, Jimmy Dean, Brando Cary Grant, and Jimmy Stewart.
- He came up with the costume of Patrick Jane in the TV show The Mentalist.
- In a 2002 interview with People Magazine, he said he does not use deodorant. All he does is drinking plenty of water.
- He has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame located at 6352 Hollywood Blvd.
- He cuts his hair himself most of the time.
- He is pretty good at cooking. In an interview, he stated that he can make pretty good poached eggs.
- He is generally a shy person but very straightforward.
- Follow him on Instagram.
Featured Image by Evelynalx / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0