|Jean-Paul Belmondo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¾ in|
|Date of Birth||April 9, 1933|
|Date of Death||September 6, 2021|
Jean-Paul Belmondo was a highly-celebrated French actor who rose to fame by starring in such films as Breathless (1960), That Man from Rio (1964), Animal (1977), The Professional (1981), A Woman is a Woman (1961), Pierrot Le Fou (1965), The Thief of Paris (1967), Two Women (1960), Mississippi Mermaid (1969), Cartouche (1962), Le Magnifique (1973), etc.
Jean-Paul Charles Belmondo
He was born on April 9, 1933.
He passed away in Paris from reasons that were undisclosed on September 6, 2021, at the age of 88 years.
Neuilly-sur-Seine, Île-de-France, France
- Father – Paul Belmondo (Sculptor)
- Mother – Sarah Madeleine Rainaud-Richard (Painter)
- Siblings – Alain Belmondo (Brother), Muriel Belmondo (Brother)
5 ft 9¾ in or 177 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jean-Paul Belmondo had dated –
- Élodie Constantin (1952-1968) – The Désiré (1996) star wed Élodie Constantin on December 4, 1952. The couple welcomed 3 children together: daughters Patricia Belmondo (1953–1993) (who died in a fire), Florence Belmondo (b. 1958), and son Paul Belmondo (b. April 23, 1963). But, the two decided to separate in 1965 and their divorce was finalized in 1968.
- Ursula Andress (1965–1972) – He began dating actress Ursula Andress, who is well-known for playing the Bond girl Honey Ryder, in 1965. However, they called it quits 7 years later in 1972. Andress later called Belmondo ‘the love of her life’.
- Laura Antonelli (1972–1980)
- Maria Carlos Sotto Mayor (1980–1987)
- Sylva Koscina
- Natty Tardivel (1989-2008) – He began a live-in relationship with the dancer Natty Tardivel in 1989 while he was in his 50s and she was 24 years old. The couple tied the knot on December 29, 2002. Natty gave birth to their daughter Stella Eva Angelina on August 13, 2003, thus, making Belmondo a father at the age of 70 years. However, they got divorced a few years later in 2008.
- Barbara Gandolfi (2008–2012)
Race / Ethnicity
He had Italian ancestry on his father’s side and was of French descent on his mother’s side.
However, his hair had turned ‘Gray’ by the time of his death.
- Large nose
- Big lips
- Inimitable smile
Jean-Paul Belmondo Facts
- He was considered the French equivalent of major Hollywood stars such as Humphrey Bogart, Marlon Brando, and James Dean.
- Action heroes like Jackie Chan and Chow Yun-Fat have named Belmondo as their favorite action star.
- In 1995, Empire Magazine ranked him at #52 on their list of ‘100 S**iest Stars in Film History’.
- Belmondo was one of the actors considered to play the titular role in The Thomas Crown Affair (1968) before Steve McQueen was cast.
- He was a lifelong supporter of the French soccer team, Paris Saint-Germain.
- In March 2023, the promenade under the metro on the Bir-Hakeim Bridge was renamed after Belmondo to honor him. The picturesque promenade has been featured in such movies as Inception (2010), Fear Over the City (1975), Last Tango in Paris (1972), etc.
- He worked as a professional boxer for a few years, but he quit the sport after it left him with a scarred face, a broken nose, and a slope-shouldered walk.
Featured Image by Keystone/Hulton Archive / Wikimedia / Public Domain