|Jackie Chan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8½ in|
|Date of Birth||April 7, 1954|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jackie Chan is a Hong Kongese actor, martial artist, producer, director, action choreographer, voice artist, screenwriter, stunt director, stunt performer, and singer who is regarded as one of the most popular action film stars of all time. One of the most recognizable and influential film personalities in the world, he has been acting since the 1960s. Film scholar Andrew Willis stated in 2004 that Chan was perhaps the “most recognized film star in the world.” Jackie Chan’s film credits include Shaolin Wooden Men, Rush Hour, Rush Hour 2, The Karate Kid, Around the World in 80 Days, Kung Fu Panda, Who Am I?, Kung Fu Panda 2, Kung Fu Panda 3, Snake & Crane Arts of Shaolin, Snake in the Eagle’s Shadow, Drunken Master, Half a Loaf of Kung Fu, Spiritual Kung Fu, The Fearless Hyena, Master with Cracked Fingers, The Big Brawl, The Young Master, The Cannonball Run, Crime Story, Fearless Hyena Part II, Fantasy Mission Force, The Founding of a Republic, New Police Story, Cannonball Run II, The Accidental Spy, The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature, Project A Part II, Armour of God II: Operation Condor, Police Story 3: Super Cop, Twin Dragons, Shanghai Knights, Drunken Master II, Shanghai Noon, Police Story 4: First Strike, Rumble in the Bronx, Mr. Nice Guy, The Myth, The Knight of Shadows: Between Yin and Yang, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem.
Jackie, Pao Pao, Yuan Lung Chan, Chen Gang Shen, Sing Lung, Yuen Lou, Big Brother, Kung-Fu Master, Y’uen Lo
Victoria Peak, British Hong Kong
Jackie Chan went to the Nah-Hwa Primary School on Hong Kong Island. In 1960, he was enrolled in the China Drama Academy, a Peking Opera School, where he was tutored by Master Yu Jim-yuen.
He also undertook hapkido training under the famous grandmaster Jin Pal Kim. Under Jin, he managed to attain a black belt.
In 1976, he went to Dickson College for a small time.
He received honorary degrees from the following institutes –
- Degree of Doctor of Social Science from Hong Kong Baptist University in 1996
- Doctorate degree from the University of Cambodia in 2009
- Professorship from the Savannah College of Art and Design in 2008
Martial artist, actor, producer, director, action choreographer, screenwriter, stunt director, stunt performer, singer, voice artist
- Father – Charles Chan (Chef)
- Mother – Lee-Lee Chan
- Siblings – Fang Shide (Older Step-Brother), Fang Shisheng (Older Step-Brother), Guilan Chan (Older Half-Sister), Yulan Chan (Older Half-Sister) (via Variety.com)
- Others – Fang Zhengwen (Paternal Grandfather)
Jackie Chan has been represented by Creative Artists Agency.
However, he did leave them for several years by joining his agent, Philip Button at William Morris Endeavor Entertainment.
He rejoined CAA in 2015. (via Variety.com)
He has also been repped by Jackie & Willie Productions Ltd., Production Company, Hong Kong.
Cantopop, Mandopop, Hong Kong English pop, J-pop
His net worth has been $400 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jackie Chan has dated –
- Feng-Jiao (1981-Present) – Jackie first started dating Feng-Jiao, who was a professional Taiwanese actress in 1981. Immediately, after the start of their relationship, Feng got pregnant and to keep the pregnancy a secret, he sent her to the United States. In 1982, they got married in a small cubicle in Los Angeles. Just a day after their wedding, Feng gave birth to a son, Jaycee Chan. She soon gave up her career to focus on family life.
- Teresa Teng – Jackie had a brief affair with Taiwanese pop singer Teresa Teng. As Chan would later put in the autobiography, they broke up owing to the difference in character. Apparently, she had come to meet him while he was discussing a script with his friends. After waiting for an hour, she left and later telephoned him to tell him that he didn’t need her, so he should stay with his friends.
- Elaine Ng – In the late ’90s, Jackie Chan had an affair with Elaine Ng, the former Miss Asia. Their affair came to the public knowledge after Elaine got pregnant and opened up about the affair after much speculation. After public pressure, Jackie also owned up to the affair and termed it a mistake that many men make. He also feared that his wife Lin Feng-Jiao would seek a divorce after the incident.
- Zhang Ziyi (2011) – Jackie was reported to be having an affair with much younger Chinese actress Zhang Ziyi after having worked with her in the action movie, Rush Hour 2. The fact that she accompanied him on the red carpet further flamed up affair reports.
- Kim Hee-sun – Chan started going with South Korean actress Kim Hee-sun after having got enamored by her while shooting for the 2005 release, The Myth. Later, she even shared the stage with him during his birthday concert to sing a duet, Endless Love.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Wuhu, and Anhui ancestry.
- Slapstick humor
- Athleticism and flexibility
Jackie Chan has appeared in adverts for the following –
- Pepsi (Diet Pepsi and Pepsi Maxx)
- Juice brand V8
- Mountain Dew
- Hanes Tagless T-Shirt
- Hefty trash bags
- American Dairy Farmers and Milk Producers (Print ad)
- TD Waterhouse Group financial services (TV Commercial as well as a print ad)
- Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada
- Canadian Blood Services
- Woolworths’ Worth It
- Beijing Olympic Games
- Oronamin C
- Aron Alpha
- Mitsubishi Fuso Fighter
- Cableflex personal gym (Infomercial)
- Bajaj Discover
- American Express
Best Known For
Being one of the most famous martial artists as well as action stars.
Starring in a number of box office monumental successes such as Who Am I? (1998) and Shanghai Noon (2000).
In 1984, he released his first studio album, Love Me.
In 1962, Jackie Chan first appeared in a child role in the Big And Little Wong Tin Bar.
First TV Show
In 1989, Jackie appeared in an episode of the documentary series The Probe Team as himself.
Jackie Chan likes to jog. But he is not fond of shuttling up and down the hills; instead, prefers a flat terrain like a park. Also, to ensure that he is sweating enough, he goes out jogging while wearing three layers of clothing. He wears light inside pants, then short pants, and over it, a running suit.
When it comes to gym lifting sessions, he goes for light lifts with a focus on high reps. He also spars on daily basis with his trainer. He has separate 45 minutes kicking sessions.
When it comes to diet, he isn’t big on any dieting philosophies nor does he focus on any particular nutrient group. He just ensures that he is drinking a lot of water.
Jackie Chan Favorite Things
- Greatest Fear – Needles
- Persons – Will Smith, Robert De Niro, James Cameron
- Treasured Possession – Peace and happiness
- Fancy Dress Costume – Avatar
- Role Models – Charles Chaplin, Harold Lloyd, Buster Keaton
- Films – Gone with the Wind (1939), Singin’ in the Rain (1952), The Matrix (1999)
- Soccer Club – Manchester City
Source – The Guardian, IMDb
Jackie Chan Facts
- While performing his stunts, he has suffered several injuries including fracturing his nose thrice, breaking most of his fingers, and fracturing his cheekbones and skull.
- In 1989, the British monarchy awarded him the honor of Member of the Order of the British Empire for his tremendous contribution to the entertainment industry.
- In 1976, he decided to undergo plastic surgery to get his eyelids reshaped, which helped him get more of a western look.
- Before getting his breakthrough as an actor, he used to work as a stunt coordinator for the great Bruce Lee.
- In 2012, with the release of the Chinese Zodiac, he became the first individual to carry out about 15 creative roles in a single movie. This got him one of the two Guinness World Records.
- In 2009, the Chinese government made him the brand ambassador for the anti-drug campaign. In an ironic twist of fate, his own son was arrested for cannabis use five years later.
- In 1988, he established the Jackie Chan Charitable Foundation with the aim to support young people in Hong Kong. The foundation also provides assistance to victims of natural disasters.
- In 2001, Entertainment Weekly magazine had him at the 70th position in the list of Top 101 Most Influential People.
- In 2006, Forbes magazine included him in the list of “Top 10 Most Generous Celebrities.”
- Before the 2008 Beijing Olympics, he was selected as one of the Olympic Torch carriers.
- When it was announced that he had got married, one of his fans committed suicide, whereas another was saved from the apparent suicide attempt.
- He worked as a construction worker in Canberra, Australia in 1976.
- His name was published in Panama Papers in April 2016.
- He provided vocals to the character of Mr. Feng (the Chinese-accented territorial leader of a gang of white street mice) in the 2017 computer-animated comedy film The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature, a sequel to The Nut Job (2014).
- In 2020, he was the 10th highest-paid actor as per Forbes with $40 million in earnings. The #1 spot was held by Dwayne Johnson.