|Ranbir Kapoor Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 0½ in|
|Date of Birth||September 28, 1982|
Ranbir Kapoor is an Indian film actor and director who has been one of the highest-paid actors of Bollywood and has also been featured in Forbes India‘s “Celebrity 100” list since 2012. He has been cast in a number of movie roles which include the likes of Ranbir Raj in Saawariya, Murphy “Barfi” Johnson in Barfi!, Siddharth “Sid” Mehra in Wake Up Sid, Janardhan “Jordan” Jakkad in Rockstar, Prem Shankar Sharma in Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani, Harpreet Singh Bedi in Rocket Singh: Salesman of the Year, Sanjay Dutt in Sanju, Ayan Sanger in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, Johnny Balraj in Bombay Velvet, Babli in Besharam, and Raj Sharma in Bachna Ae Haseeno.
Bir, Ranbir Raj, Pappu
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Pali Hill, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Ranbir studied at Bombay Scottish School in Mahim, Mumbai, and went on to pursue method acting at The Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in New York.
83 kg or 183 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ranbir Kapoor has dated –
- Avantika Malik Khan – Ranbir has dated Avantika Malik Khan (who later married actor Imran Khan in 2011) in the 90s. He already had a big crush on her. When she was working as a child actor on the TV show Just Mohabbat, Ranbir used to visit her on the set. They dated for almost 5 years before calling it quits.
- Nandita Mahtani – In the past, Ranbir had confessed to having a massive crush on fashion designer Nandita Mahtani. However, it is not clear if they were indeed dating or not.
- Deepika Padukone (2007-2009) – Ranbir dated Deepika Padukone both ON-screen and OFF-screen. Though, he confirmed his relationship in March 2008 in an interview. He did a 2008 film “Bachna Ae Haseeno” with her along with Bipasha Basu and Minissha Lamba. They dated for around 2 years after finally getting separated in 2009.
- Nargis Fakhri (2011) – Ranbir was RUMORed to be with Nargis when the two did their first movie Rockstar in 2011. This relationship didn’t go far and ended soon in 2011.
- Angela Jonsson (2011) – He had a fling with model Angela Jonsson in the year 2011.
- Katrina Kaif (2012-2016) – After appearing together ON Screen in Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani (2009) and Raajneeti (2010), the actors started dating in 2012. Neither of the party accepted that they had dated each other. According to an insider, Ranbir proposed to her for the marriage, but Katrina had clearly said “NO”. The couple broke up in January 2016.
- Shruti Haasan (2014) – In 2014, after Ranbir met actress Shruti Haasan during a Philips ad shoot, they were assumed to be dating. But, it all proved to be a rumor later on.
- Alia Bhatt (2017-Present) – News portals confirmed that Ranbir found another love in the form of actress Alia Bhatt in 2017. They tried to keep things low in the starting and away from the prying eyes of the media. In March 2020, news of their separation started doing the rounds on the internet amidst the coronavirus outbreak. Later in February 2022, Alia confirmed that she was already married to Ranbir for a long time in her head. Ranbir had proposed to Alia in Kenya’s Maasai Mara. They actually got married on April 14, 2022, in an intimate wedding ceremony at RK Studios. Only 28 guests were invited to the wedding. They reportedly took 4 pheras at the wedding. Ranbir had worn his late father Rishi Kapoor’s watch during the wedding. The guests were given Kashmiri shawls as a gift at the wedding. In June 2022, Alia announced that she was pregnant with the couple’s first child. On November 6, 2022, they welcomed a baby girl named Raha Kapoor which means Joy in Swahili.
Race / Ethnicity
Ranbir served as an Indian brand Ambassador for Spanish Club FC Barcelona. Other endorsements are PepsiCo, Docomo, Panasonic, John Players, Nissan, Hero Moto Corp, Lenovo (2012), Philips Lighting (2013), and Asian Paints (2021).
In 2014, he was chosen as the brand ambassador for Lay’s.
He has also advertised for OPPO’s phones and earphones.
In 2022, he was seen alongside Ananya Panday in an ad for Tasva Men’s Ethnic wear (from the house of Aditya Birla)
Best Known For
Acting in Hindi films like Saawariya (2007), Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani (2009), Anjaana Anjaani (2010), Rockstar (2011), Barfi! (2012).
2007 film Saawariya for his role as Ranbir Raj, produced and directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali. He also got Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut for this movie.
Pradeep Bhatia is the personal trainer of Ranbir Kapoor. Ranbir cannot go to the gym every time due to his busy and erratic schedule. So, he takes the help of Pradeep. Wherever he goes, Pradeep goes with him to ensure that Ranbir eats a proper diet and does the right exercises.
Ranbir generally does exercises that target his different muscle groups like chest, legs, arms, back, shoulders. He sometimes also incorporates kickboxing into his workout routine. Regarding diet, Ranbir is called a foodie by Pradeep. He mostly eats grilled chicken and fish in his lunch and dinner.
For the film Tu Jhoothi Main Makkaar (2023), Ranbir took the help of a personal trainer Shivoham to transform his body by following a disciplined lifestyle and doing workouts regularly whenever he got time, be it 4 am or 11:30 pm.
Ranbir Kapoor Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Foodie. He likes every food like Sushi, Vada Pav, Dosa. He comes from a Punjabi family.
- Favorite Street Food – Bhajia Pav
- Favorite Cuisines – Chinese and Italian
- Favorite Actor – Al Pacino
- Favorite Co-Actor – Anushka Sharma
- Favorite Inspiration – Al Pacino
- Favorite Movies – Shri 420, Life is Beautiful, 3 Idiots, Love Sex Aur Dhokha
- Favorite Colors – White, Black, and Red (His fave color keeps on changing). But, he wears black most of the time.
- Favorite Book – Kurt Cobain’s biography (He read this book for his character in the movie Rockstar)
Source – YouTube
Ranbir Kapoor Facts
- Ranbir Kapoor is the son of famous stars Rishi Kapoor (father) and Neetu Singh (mother).
- Ranbir shares his name with his paternal grandfather Raj Kapoor (or Ranbir Raj Kapoor).
- He is the cousin of Kareena Kapoor and Karishma Kapoor.
- Before doing the film Saawariya in 2007, he did 2 short films – Passion to Love (2002), which was directed by him, and India 1964 (2004).
- He, along with Sonam Kapoor also worked as an assistant to the famous director Sanjay Leela Bhansali for the making of the film Black in 2005. Later both, Sonam and Ranbir were taken in lead roles in Saawariya.
- He has 1 sister – Riddhima Kapoor Sahni.
- He learned acting from the same school as the American actor, Al Pacino (Ranbir’s role model), i.e. The Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in New York.
- He is the great-grandson of the legendary Prithviraj Kapoor.
- Ranbir has co-hosted the 54th, 56th, and 57th editions of the Filmfare Awards with Imran Khan and Shahrukh Khan.
- He appeared on the talk show Koffee with Karan in November 2010.
- In 2018, he portrayed the character of actor Sanjay Dutt in the biographical comedy-drama film, Sanju, and for this role, he won the Filmfare Award for “Best Actor” and was nominated for Filmfare Critics Award for “Best Actor”.
- The movie Sanju earned over INR 340 crores in all-India total earnings. It remains the highest-grossing film of his career to date. [September 2022]
- In March 2021, it was revealed that he had been tested positive for COVID-19.
- Madhuri Dixit is his first crush.
- On the occasion of Ranbir-Alia’s wedding, Ranbir received a high-end watch, worth INR 2.5 crore, as a gift from his mother-in-law Soni Razdan.
- In September 2022, Ranbir and Alia were stopped by Bajrang Dal workers from entering into Mahakaleshwar Jyotirlinga temple in Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh because of Ranbir’s previous comments regarding eating beef.
- The film Brahmāstra: Part One – Shiva (2022) was successful at the box office as it managed to earn more than INR 100 crores within 3 days of its release. It starred his wife Alia Bhatt as well.
- In February 2023, Ranbir won the best actor award at Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival Awards 2023.
- Ranbir is against film remakes and even song remakes. According to him, whichever film has been made, is already made to the best abilities. It is difficult to recreate and then make a better version of it.
- For the film Tu Jhoothi Main Makkaar (2023), Ranbir was allegedly paid INR 25-30 crore, which was 4 times higher than Shraddha Kapoor, the female lead of the film.
- Tu Jhoothi Main Makkaar entered the INR 100 crore club within 11 days of its release. This has become Ranbir’s 6th film to cross the mark.
- In July 2023, Ranbir walked the runway as a showstopper at India Couture Week 2023 for celebrity designer Kunal Rawal.
- In October 2023, Ranbir was summoned by the Enforcement Directorate due to his involvement in the Mahadev online betting app case. He had reportedly received payments for carrying out promotional activities for the app, which had allegedly conducted large-scale hawala operations.