|Ameesha Patel Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||June 9, 1975|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Ameesha Patel is an Indian actress and model who has primarily been featured in Hindi-language films even though she has acted in a few Telugu and Tamil language films as well. She had become an overnight sensation in 2000 when her debut film Kaho Naa… Pyaar Hai had smashed multiple box office records. She is also well recognized for her work in films such as Gadar: Ek Prem Katha (2001), Kya Yehi Pyaar Hai (2002), Humraaz (2002), Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd. (2007), and Bhool Bhulaiyaa (2007).
Amisha Amit Patel
Ameesha, Princess, Angel, Amypoo, Amu
Breach Candy Hospital Trust, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Ameesha had attended the Cathedral and John Connon School, a private school in Fort, Mumbai. She was the head girl of the school for the academic year 1992–93.
After her high school graduation, she had joined the Tufts University, a private research university in Massachusetts. She had studied Bio-genetic engineering there for 2 years before switching to Economics, the stream in which she graduated.
- Father – Amit Patel
- Mother – Asha Patel (Actress)
- Siblings – Ashmit Patel (Younger Brother) (Actor)
- Others – Rajni Patel (Grandfather) (Lawyer, Politician) (d. May 1982), Bakul Patel (Grandmother)
Ameesha Patel’s net worth had been $30 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 1 in or 155 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ameesha has dated –
- Vikram Bhatt (2002–2007)
- Kanav Puri (2008-2010)
Race / Ethnicity
- Petite frame
- Long, straight hair
- Affable smile
- Radiant face
Ameesha Patel Facts
- Her birth name, Amisha, is a combination of the first 3 letters of her father’s name (Amit) and the last 3 letters of her mother’s name (Asha).
- After her graduation from Tufts University, she had started her career as an economic analyst at a company called Khandwala Securities Limited. She had also received a work offer from Morgan Stanley but had declined it.
- Upon her return to India, she had joined a theatre group and had acted in several plays. She later delved into modeling and had been featured in the TV commercials of several well-known brands which paved the way for an acting career in movies.
- In February 2005, she had performed at the HELP! Telethon Concert to raise funds for the victims of the devastating 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake.
- In December 2005, she was a part of the Temptations 2005 charity event in New Delhi, in support of the National Centre for Promotion of Employment of Disabled Persons (NCPEDP), a disabled rights group.
- In August 2006, an Air India employee had filed a police complaint against her alleging that Ameesha had misbehaved with her after a companion’s flight seat was not upgraded. A drunken passenger had also joined the squabble and worsened the situation. Several staff members on board the flight had supported the version of the complainant. It was later revealed that the confusion of the status of seats was caused by a 3rd party who had apologized for their role in the incident.
- In November 2006, she had joined an NGO known as PlanetRead which helps people in villages to learn reading through songs.
- Ameesh used to reach the film set of Kaho Naa… Pyaar Hai (2000) in her Mercedes car and actor Hrithik Roshan (who was making his film debut) would come in a Maruti car. Due to this, she was made fun of as people thought she was bragging.
- In 2022, she had inaugurated a Mexican restaurant at Carter Road, Mumbai.
Featured Image by Ameesha Patel / Instagram