|Anil Sharma Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||March 7, 1960|
Anil Sharma is an Indian film director, producer, and writer who is credited with directing hugely-successful films like Shradhanjali (1981), Hukumat (1987), Gadar: Ek Prem Katha (2001), Singh Saab the Great (2013), Tahalka (1992), The Hero: Love Story of a Spy (2003), Singh Saab the Great (2013), Apne (2007), Gadar 2 (2023), to name a few.
Mathura, Uttar Pradesh, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
He graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree from Khalsa College in Mumbai.
Director, Producer, Writer
- Father – Krishnachandra Sharma (Astrologer, Producer) (Died in August 2022)
- Mother – Bimla Sharma
- Siblings – Anuj Sharma (Brother), Kapil Sharma (Brother), Sanjay Sharma (Brother)
- Others – Pt. Dalchand (Paternal Grandfather) (Astrologer)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
88 kg or 194 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Anil Sharma has dated –
- Suman Sharma (1992-Present) – The talented director is happily married to Suman since February 20, 1992. The couple is parents to a son named Utkarsh Sharma, who is an actor and a daughter named Kairvina Sharma, who works as a musician.
Race / Ethnicity
- Dimpled smile
- Gaps between his teeth
Anil Sharma Facts
- At the young age of 18 years, he began working as an assistant director to Baldev Raj Chopra on films such as Pati Patni Aur Woh (1978), The Burning Train (1980), and Insaf Ka Tarazu (1980).
- Sharma initially wanted to become an actor after moving to Mumbai as a teenager.
- He made his directorial debut at the age of 21 years with the hit film Shradhanjali (1980) starring Rakhee Gulzar.
- After experiencing a string of box office successes, Sharma dreamt of opening a Bollywood-oriented theme park in Mumbai similar to the Universal Studios in Los Angeles. Sadly, his ambitious plan failed to turn into reality.
- One of his career’s biggest highlights was directing Gadar: Ek Prem Katha (2001), with Sunny Deol and Ameesha Patel in the lead roles. The film, centered around the Partition of India, became a huge blockbuster and collected a worldwide gross net worth of ₹133 crores upon its release. In 2023, the film’s sequel titled Gadar 2 was released, reuniting Sharma with Sunny Deol and Ameesha Patel. Although the movie garnered mixed reviews from critics, it performed stupendously at the box office, becoming the 6th highest-grossing Hindi film of all time with a gross net worth of ₹660.51 crore.
- His son Utkarsh played the role of Charanjeet ‘Jeete’ Singh (the son of Tara Singh and Sakeena) in Gadar: Ek Prem Katha (2001) and its sequel, Gadar 2 (2023).
- In 2007, Sharma directed the family-oriented film Apne starring the 3 Deols together for the first time: Dharmendra, Sunny Deol, and Bobby Deol.
- He brought Sunny Deol, Preity Zinta, and Priyanka Chopra (in her Bollywood debut) together for the film, The Hero: Love Story of a Spy (2003). At the time of its release, the film was in the news for being the most expensive Hindi film ever made.
Featured Image by Anil Sharma / Instagram