|Ajith Kumar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||May 1, 1971|
Ajith Kumar, popularly known as ‘Thala’ predominantly works in Tamil cinema. He is also known for his passion for car racing, cooking, air pistol shooting, photography and unmanned aerial vehicle modeling. The actor started his career as a part-time mechanic and was a garment exporter in Erode before stepping into the film industry. He started his career in the Tamil film industry by portraying a small role in the film En Veedu En Kanavar (1990). It was singer S. P. Balasubrahmanyam who introduced Ajith to the Tamil film industry to play a lead role in the film Amaravathi (1993).
Thala, Ultimate Star, Kadhal Mannan
Secunderabad, Andhra Pradesh, (now Telangana), India
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
He did his schooling through Asan Memorial Higher Secondary School, Egmore, Chennai. He dropped out of the school in 1986, before finishing his higher secondary education.
Actor, Race car driver
- Father – P. Subramaniam
- Mother – Mohini
- Siblings – Anup Kumar (Brother) (Investor), Anil Kumar (Brother) (Entrepreneur)
- Others – Richard Rishi (Brother-In-Law) (Actor), Shamili (Sister-In-Law) (Actress)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
94 kg or 207 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ajith Kumar’s name has been linked with –
- According to media, he has dated actresses Heera Rajagopal and Swathi.
- Shalini (1999-Present) – In 1999, he began to date co-star Shalini during the shoot for the film Amarkalam. They got married in 2000 in Chennai. The couple has a daughter and a son named Anoushka (born in 2008) and Aadvik (born in 2015), respectively.
Race / Ethnicity
With the advancing age, his hair turned gray.
- Professional car racer with being an excellent actor
- Ultimate Screen presence
In 2004, he was signed as the brand ambassador for Nescafe in Tamil Nadu.
Gradually, he stopped promoting commercials and limited his appearance to the cinema screen.
Ajith Kumar Favorite Things
- Drinks – He prefers soup and black tea.
- Books – The Teaching of Buddha and Living with the Himalayan Masters.
Source – India Times
Ajith Kumar Facts
- He didn’t practice Tamil in his childhood. Instead, he practiced Sindhi (His mother is a Sindhi from Kolkata) and mastered Tamil only after entering the film industry.
- Ajith is a foodie and also loves to try new dishes. He is a great cook too. Often, he cooks biryani for his co-stars during the shooting of the film.
- He is fond of collecting stamps, miniature helmets, and coins. He has a unique collection at his home.
- He doesn’t believe in getting special privileges even after rejoicing two decades of stardom. He always prefers to stand in a queue along with the public rather than behaving like a star, be it the school admission for his kids or the local body elections.
- Ajith Kumar is a person who doesn’t line limelight on him. He avoids most of the award functions, public gatherings, protests and also, he doesn’t even promote his own films. Due to this nature, some people question his attitude but lots of his fan followers are proud of the fact that he is a no-nonsense and honest person.
- The actor suffered a fall and injured his back while training for an amateur car race and underwent 3 surgeries which resulted in bed rest for one and a half years.
- By competing in circuits around India in places such as Chennai, Mumbai, and Delhi, the actor became a race car driver. He has also participated in Formula Championships and in the International Arena.
- In order to promote self-hygiene and civic consciousness, Ajith Kumar started a non-profit organization called “Mohini-Mani Foundation” which was named after his parents.
- Ajith Kumar is passionate about drones and UAVs. Madras Institute of Technology has appointed him as the UAV system advisor and test pilot for Medical Express-2018 UAV challenge.
Featured Image by Silver Screen / SilverScreen.in / CC BY-SA 4.0