|Priyadarshan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||January 30, 1957|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Priyadarshan is a well distinguished Indian director, producer, and screenwriter who has brought life to more than 95 films. He has mostly worked on various films in Malayalam and Hindi language. His career-high was during the 80s and 90s. Until 2019, he had devoted 40 years of his life producing a number of hit films for people’s entertainment.
Priyadarshan Soman Nair
Trivandrum, Kerala, India
Priyadarshan studied at the Government Model School in Trivandrum.
Thereafter, he has obtained a degree of Master of Arts in Philosophy from University College Trivandrum.
Film Director, Producer, Screenwriter
- Father – Poojappura Soman Nair (Dramatist, Librarian)
- Mother – Rajamma
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
98 kg or 216 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Priyadarshan’s name has been linked with –
- Lissy Lakshmi (1990-2014) – Actress Lissy and Priyadarshan tied the knot with one another on December 13, 1990. They have 2 children, a girl named Kalyani Priyadarshan (b. April 5, 1992) and a boy named, Siddarth Priyadarshan. The couple parted ways from one another in 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
- Oval face shape
- Sports a mustache
- Often keeps on a pair of shades
Priyadarshan Favorite Things
- Actress To Work With – Sameera Reddy
Source – Times Of India
- He was brought up in Ambalappuzha, Alappuzha.
- Priyadarshan developed a passion for reading at an early age thanks to his father who worked as a college librarian.
- Initially, Priyadarshan wanted to be a professional cricketer and was also considered to be very good at the sport. However, an injury to his left eye with a ball put an end to his passion.
- While in college, he would write short skits or plays for the All India Radio.
- He looked up to director P. Venu for inspiration.
- Priyadarshan has known producer and actor Mohanlal, M. G. Sreekumar, Suresh Kumar, Sanal Kumar, Jagadish, Maniyanpilla Raju, and Ashok Kumar from his college years.
- It was actor, producer, and distributor Mohanlal who helped him get into the film industry as a scriptwriter.
- Poochakkoru Mookkuthi (1984) was the debut film that he directed. It was a low-budget slapstick comedy film that was funded by actor Shankar and starred Mohanlal as a parallel hero. It was a complete hit and ran for more than 100 days in the theatres of Kerala.
- In 1997, he directed his first Hindi language film titled Virasat. The film featured a host of well-known stars including the likes of actor Anil Kapoor, Amrish Puri, Tabu, and Pooja Batra.
- Priyadarshan was presented with the prestigious “Padma Shri” Award for his contribution to the film industry in 2012. Besides that, he is also the proud receiver of a National Film Award, Filmfare Award, and the Kerala State Film Award.
- In 2016, he served as the Central Jury Chairperson of 64th National Awards. Later, in 2019, he was taken on as the chairperson for the “Feature Films Jury” of the “50th International Film Festival of India.”
- Priyadarshan has collaborated mostly with actor and producer Mammooty.
- He is very fond of cars. At a certain point in time, he had many cars which he sold after realizing that family was more important than luxury.
Featured Image By Bollywood Hungama / CC BY 3.0