|Don Cheadle Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8½ in|
|Date of Birth||November 29, 1964|
Don Cheadle is an American actor, voiceover artist, theatre actor, author, director, producer, and writer who is known for his roles in shows and movies like Hotel Rwanda, House of Lies, A Lesson Before Dying, Black Monday, The Rat Pack, Devil in a Blue Dress, Boogie Nights, Crash, Picket Fences, The Golden Palace, Iron Man 2, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Avengers: Infinity War, Captain America: Civil War, Avengers: Endgame, Ocean’s Eleven, Rebound: The Legend of Earl “The Goat” Manigault, and The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. Moreover, for his role as Paul Rusesabagina in the 2004 drama film Hotel Rwanda, he was nominated for the 2005 Academy Award for “Best Actor”.
Donald Frank Cheadle, Jr.
Don Cheadle, Don
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
California, United States
Don Cheadle attended East High School when he was in Denver, Colorado. He graduated from the school in 1982.
Cheadle attended the California Institute of the Arts and graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in acting.
Actor, Producer, Author, Voiceover Artist, Director, Writer, Theatre Actor
- Father – Donald Frank Cheadle, Sr. (Clinical Psychologist)
- Mother – Bettye Cheadle (née North) (Teacher)
- Siblings – Cindy Cheadle (Sister), Colin Cheadle (Brother), Andrew Kilbourne (Half-Brother)
- Others – Lee Therman Cheadle (Paternal Grandfather), Cynthia Barnes (Paternal Grandmother), Basil Leon/W. North, Sr. (Maternal Grandfather), Louisa/Louise Maretta “Louie” Thompkins (Maternal Grandmother)
Don Cheadle has been represented by –
- Viewpoint, Inc., Public Relations Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Don Cheadle has been romantically linked with –
- Bridgid Coulter (1992-Present) – The American actress Bridgid Coulter has been in a long relationship with the actor since the 1990s. The couple has two daughters, viz., Imani Cheadle and Ayana Tai Cheadle.
Race / Ethnicity
Don Cheadle is of African-American descent.
- The fit and shaped body
- The portrayal of law enforcement agents
- Cockney accent
Don Cheadle has been linked with various brands and has been seen in the following commercials –
- NFL Playoffs (2002-2005, 2015)
- The Los Angeles Mentoring Partnership (2005)
- X1 Interactive TV System Platform from Xfinity by Comcast (2013)
- Bud Light Teaser “Up for Whatever Happens Next” (2014)
- Michelob Ultra Super Bowl LV commercial (2021)
Best Known For
- Don Cheadle is known for critically acclaimed films like Hotel Rwanda (2004) and Crash (2005).
- He also is well known for his appearance in many hit films such as Iron Man 2 (2010), Ocean’s Eleven (2001), and Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015).
Don Cheadle first appeared as Angel in a short film 3 Days, released in the year 1984.
First TV Show
Don Cheadle appeared as Henry Lee in the two episodes of the TV Series Fame in 1982.
Don Cheadle maintains a fit and handsome body even at the age of 50. He states that one needs to have a good shape for superhero movies. However, he does not have any personal trainer. He is a regular visitor to the gym and knows how to proceed with weight training. He is reportedly known to hit the gym for much more time when he proceeds to shoot for superhero movies.
Cheadle is also known to do Pilates and ride the bike every morning. In the gym, he does free weights and uses a reformer (exercise equipment) to stay in shape.
Don Cheadle Favorite Things
- Snack – Wendy’s square burger with a frosty on the side.
- Movies – Pixar Movies
- Food – Tofu
- Pastime – Golf
- Chore – Ironing
- Instrument – Saxophone
Don Cheadle Facts
- Don Cheadle is known for his acting skills and he returned back to television with the TV series ‘House of Lies’ in 2011. He won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actor in a Comedy Series in 2013 for his role in the House of Lies.
- He has appeared as a dancer in Angela Winbush’s video “It’s The Real Thing.”
- The first success came to Cheadle with his role as Mouse Alexander opposite Denzel Washington in ‘Devil in a Blue Dress’ (1995). He was nominated for Best Supporting Actor by the Los Angeles Film Critics for the movie.
- Cheadle is also an author and a musician. He was nominated for a Grammy Award in 2004 for Best Spoken Word Album for his narration of “Fear Itself’ by Walter Mosley.
- Cheadle is also associated with charities and humanitarian projects. He shares the Summit Peace Award with George Clooney, given by the Nobel Peace Prize Laureates in Rome for their work in Darfur, Sudan.
- He received the prestigious 2007 BET Humanitarian Award for providing services for the cause of the people of Darfur and Rwanda.
- Cheadle and poker player, Annie Duke organized a poker tournament, Ante Up for Africa, for the cause of charity at the 2007 World Series of Poker.
- ‘Not on Our Watch: The Mission to End Genocide in Darfur and Beyond’ was published by Don Cheadle in 2007 and is co-written by John Prendergast.
- Don Cheadle also works with the United Nations over the concerns of climate change. Don Cheadle, along with Harrison Ford and a couple of others is also behind the ‘Years of Living Dangerously,’ Showtime’s 9-part documentary series about global warming.
- In 2019, he started playing the lead role of Maurice Monroe, a veteran stockbroker, in the period dark comedy television series, Black Monday. He co-starred in the show alongside Andrew Rannells, Regina Hall, and Paul Scheer and Don’s performance got him nominated for the Primetime Emmy Award in the “Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series” category.