Donald Frank Cheadle, Jr.
Don Cheadle, Don
Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.
California, United States
Don Cheadle attended the East High School, when he was in Denver, Colorado. He graduated from the school in 1982.
Cheadle attended California Institute of the Arts and graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in acting.
Actor, producer, author
- Father – Donald Frank Cheadle, Sr. (Clinical Psychologist)
- Mother – Bettye North (Teacher)
- Siblings – Cindy Cheadle (Sister), Colin Cheadle (Brother), Andrew Kilbourne (Half-Brother)
Don Cheadle is currently attached with Viewpoint, Inc. (Publicist), California.
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
163 lbs or 74 kg
Girlfriend / Spouse
Don Cheadle has been romantically linked with –
- Bridgid Coulter (1992-Present) – The American actress, Bridgid Coulter has been in a long relationship with the actor since 1990s. They have not married yet. The couple has two daughters, viz., Imani Cheadle and Ayana Tai Cheadle.
Race / Ethnicity
- Fit and shaped body
- Portrayal of law enforcement agents
- Cockney accent
The exact body measurements of Don Cheadle are not known. However he might have the following measurements, according to his body type –
- Chest – 40 in or 102 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
- Biceps – 13 in or 33 cm
Don Cheadle’s exact shoe size is not known, however it is probable that he wears a 9 (US) size.
Don Cheadle has been linked with various brands and has been seen in the following commercials –
- NFL Playoffs (2002-2005, 2015)
- The Los Angeles Mentoring Partnership (2005)
- X1 Interactive TV System Platform from Xfinity by Comcast (2013)
- Bud Light Teaser “Up for Whatever Happens Next” (2014)
Best Known For
Don Cheadle is known for the critically acclaimed films like Hotel Rwanda (2004) and Crash (2005).
He also is well known for his appearance in many hit films such as Iron Man 2 (2010), Ocean’s Eleven (2001), and Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015).
Don Cheadle first appeared as Angel in a short film 3 Days, released in the year 1984.
First TV Show
Don Cheadle appeared as Henry Lee in the two episodes of the TV Series Fame in 1982.
Don Cheadle maintains a fit and handsome body even at the age of 50. He states that one needs to have a good shape for superhero movies. However, he does not have any personal trainer. He is a regular visitor of the gym and knows how to proceed with weight training. He is reportedly known to hit the gym for much more time, when he proceeds to shoot for superhero movies.
Cheadle is also known to do Pilates and ride the bike every morning. In the gym, he does free weights and uses reformer (exercise equipment) to stay in shape.
Don Cheadle Favorite Things
- Snack – Wendy’s square burger with a frosty on the side.
- Movies – Pixar Movies
- Food – Tofu
- Pastime – Golf
- Chore – Ironing
- Instrument – Saxophone
Don Cheadle Facts
- Don Cheadle is known for his acting skills and he returned back to television with the TV series ‘House of Lies’ in 2011. He won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actor in a Comedy Series in 2013 for his role in the House of Lies.
- He has appeared as a dancer in Angela Winbush’s video “It’s The Real Thing.”
- The first success came to Cheadle with his role as Mouse Alexander opposite Denzel Washington in ‘Devil in a Blue Dress’ (1995). He was nominated for Best Supporting Actor by the Los Angeles Film Critics for the movie.
- Cheadle is also an author and a musician. He was nominated for a Grammy Award in 2004 for Best Spoken Word Album for his narration of “Fear Itself’ by Walter Mosley.
- Cheadle is also associated with charities and humanitarian projects. He shares the Summit Peace Award with George Clooney, given by the Nobel Peace Prize Laureates in Rome for their work in Darfur, Sudan.
- He received the prestigious 2007 BET Humanitarian Award for providing the services for the cause of the people of Darfur and Rwanda.
- Cheadle and poker player, Annie Duke organized a poker tournament, Ante Up for Africa, for the cause of charity at the 2007 World Series of Poker.
- ‘Not on Our Watch: The Mission to End Genocide in Darfur and Beyond’ was published by Don Cheadle in 2007 and is co-written by John Prendergast.
- Don Cheadle also works with the United Nations over the concerns of climate change. Don Cheadle, along with Harrison Ford and a couple of others is also behind the ‘Years of Living Dangerously,’ Showtime’s 9-part documentary series about global warming.
- You can follow Don Cheadle on Twitter and Instagram.