|Malin Akerman Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in|
|Date of Birth||May 12, 1978|
Malin Akerman is a Swedish-American actress, voiceover artist, model, singer, and producer who is known for having been cast in movies like 27 Dresses, The Utopian Society, The Proposal, The Heartbreak Kid, Watchmen, Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle, The Giant Mechanical Man, CBGB, I’ll See You in My Dreams, Wanderlust, Catch .44, En del av mitt hjärta, The Sleepover, Rock of Ages, Cottage Country, Couples Retreat, The Final Girls, and Happy. Thank You. More. Please. In addition to that, she is also known for her television roles like playing Juna Millken in The Comeback, Dr. Valerie Flame/Ingrid Hagerstown in Childrens Hospital, Willow in Burning Love, Beulah Annan in Drunk History, Lara Axelrod in Billions, and Martha in Soulmates.
Malin Maria Akerman
Malin Akerman attended Sir Winston Churchill Secondary School, St. Catharines, Ontario.
After that, she went to the North Toronto Collegiate Institute. She studied Child Psychology at York University, Toronto for 1 year and then dropped out to pursue her career in modeling.
Model, Actress, Singer, Producer, Voiceover Artist
- Father – Magnus Åkerman (Insurance Broker)
- Mother – Pia (née Sundström) (Aerobics Teacher, Part-time Model)
- Others – Jonas Hugo Joachim Åkerman (Paternal Grandfather), Ann-Marie Signe Elisabeth Wicander (Paternal Grandmother), Tryggve Andreas Sundström (Maternal Grandfather), Dagmar Viola Jakobsson (Maternal Grandmother)
Malin Åkerman has been signed with Actors in Scandinavia, Talent Agency, Finland.
5 ft 7½ in or 171 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Malin Akerman has dated –
- Roberto Zincone (2003-2013) – Malin Akerman dated Italian musician Roberto Zincone. They both met in 2003 when Malin was the lead vocalist for the band Petalstones, for which Roberto served as the drummer. They used to spend time together and eventually started dating. Malin married her boyfriend Roberto Zincone at Grand Hotel Moon Valley in Sorrento, Italy on June 20, 2007. Malin gave birth to their first child, Sebastian Zincone on April 16, 2013. After 7 months, on November 25, 2013, the couple announced their separation. On December 2, 2013, Roberto filed for their divorce.
- Colin Egglesfield (2014-2015) – In March 2014, Malin started dating American actor, Colin Egglesfield. they went out for a year before calling it quits in 2015.
- Jack Donnelly (2017-Present) – In 2017, Malin started dating actor Jack Donnelly. On October 13, 2017, she publicly announced her engagement to Jack. Since then, the duo has been going strong. The couple got married on December 1, 2018, in Tulum, Mexico.
Race / Ethnicity
Malin Åkerman is of Swedish, Scottish, and German descent.
34-26-35 in or 86-66-89 cm
Malin Akerman did many prestigious ad campaigns for Ford Supermodel Canada. She also signed a contract with Noxzema.
Best Known For
Her roles in movies like The Heartbreak Kid (2007) and 27 Dresses (2008)
Malin has not released an album yet. She served as the lead vocalist of the rock band “The Petalstones”. The drummer of this band Roberto Zincone is the one whom she married in 2007.
2000 American psychological thriller film The Skulls. Malin was just a “Coed in Caleb’s Apartment” in this movie.
She got lead roles in the film The Heartbreak Kid (2007). It was a romantic comedy film in which she appeared as Lila.
First TV Show
Canadian Science fiction TV series Earth: Final Conflict. She appeared in 1997 in a single episode “The Truth” as Avatar.
Logan Hood served as the trainer for beautiful Malin Akerman. Logan was a former Navy SEAL. See what kind of workout, he made for Malin. Logan said
- Do the workout in threes – Weights, intensity, and volume are the 3 parameters for any kind of workout. So, pay stress on these things one by one. For instance, you can increase the weights and lower the number of reps. Another can be, to lower the weights but increase the number of sets.
- Do pull-ups regularly – Don’t give up while doing pull-ups as these strengthen the biceps, lats, middle back, and shoulders.
- Rowing a boat – If possible, spend around 10 minutes before starting your regular training session. This is better than treadmills and stationary bicycle as rowing targets your upper body, core, unlike treadmill which engages only your legs. So, your blood flow will improve and you will feel more flexible.
- Circuit Training – Do circuit training which can include cardio and strength training. This should include exercises like push-ups, rope skipping. Do it for a minute. Then, switch to a set of squats and rope skipping again. Do, alternately cardio and strength training.
- Minimize Refined Carbohydrates – Eat refined carbs, chocolate, cookies, ice-creams, and anything with sugar and corn syrup. This is because when you eat refined carbs, it starts to spike blood sugars, which produces excess insulin and these stores excess fat.
- Eat 5 times a day – Eat 5 times a day – 3 meals and 2 snacks. Snacks can be eaten between lunch and dinner and another one between breakfast and lunch. This will surely stabilize blood sugars and avoid hunger pangs.
- Balanced Diet – Eat a balanced diet. Eat a balance of protein, complex carbohydrates, and fat in every meal. The main benefit of taking the high protein is that it contains amino acids that help muscles to recover fast after workouts.
- Limit your liquids – Drink water, if you are thirsty. Drink black coffee, if you need stimulation. Drink Vodka Martini or a similar simple drink, if you want to take the edge off. This will help you to avoid mojitos.
Malin Akerman Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Dark Chocolate
- Favorite Movies – Annie Hall (1977), No Country for Old Men (2007), Pan’s Labyrinth (2006), Dirty Dancing (1987), Betty Blue (1986), Like Water for Chocolate (1992)
- Favorite Books – Veronika Decides to Die (Paulo Coelho), The White Masai (Corinne Hofmann), Don’t Sleep with Your Drummer (Jen Sincero)
- Favorite Beach – Falsterbo Beach, Sweden
Source – Us Magazine
Malin Akerman Facts
- Malin is the daughter of a model (mother) and an insurance broker (father).
- Malin moved to Canada at the age of 2.
- She was studying psychology when she returned back to modeling.
- Malin Akerman is noted for appearing in nude scenes. She says that she feels comfortable in such scenes if these are not gratuitous.
- She appeared as Tess Nichols in 27 Dresses, a 2008 American romantic comedy film.
- She has a lotus flower tattoo on her upper back. On her left arm, she has a tattoo for her son Sebastian and husband Jack Donnelly. As of late 2020, she had 4 tattoos on her body.
- She was voted no.9 in Maxim’s Hot 100 list of Women in 2012.
- Malin appeared topless on the cover of Maxim’s April 2009 issue.
- She can speak fluent Swedish language.
- Kristen Bell is Malin Akerman’s good friend.
- Malin was discovered at the age of 16 by Ford Models at a shopping mall at St. Catharines.
- Malin watches her movies only once. She cannot re-watch her old movies.
- Alongside Sadie Stanley, Maxwell Simkins, Cree Cicchino, Lucas Jaye, Ken Marino, and Joe Manganiello, she co-starred as Margot in the 2020 American action comedy film, The Sleepover.
- Malin Akerman has competed nationally in figure skating for 10 years.
- She has toe thumbs.
- Just before she got the role of Juna Millken in The Comeback in 2005, she was considering going back to Canada in order to finish her degree in psychology.
- Malin is slightly color blind when it comes to black, gray, and dark blue colors.
- The first ever audition she gave in Hollywood was for The Hot Chick (2002). However, Rachel McAdams got that role.
- She has worked together with Rachel McAdams in the 2001 TV movie Shotgun Love Dolls in Canada.
- At the age of 70, Malin’s mom appeared in the Swedish version of Survivor.
- Malin likes listening to podcasts about cold crime cases.
- When she shifted base to Los Angeles, she did a photoshoot with the 18-year-old Jamie Dornan for Abercrombie & Fitch.
- She is an animal lover and has a pet dog at home.
- Just to get admission to her then-boyfriend’s high school, she pretended to be a Catholic. She was jealous that her boyfriend would roam with the school girls without her.
- She took a sleeping pill for the first time (and also the last time) while on an aeroplane. When she woke up, she found herself lying on the floor with her legs up and the air hostess calling for an oxygen mask.
- Akerman is a certified youth and child development coach.
- She likes Nutella a lot.
- At the age of 6, she broke her arm by jumping from an old cannon.
- She has been stung by bees and wasps over a record dozen times.
- After finishing the filming of the 2009 film Watchmen, the entire cast and crew played paintball.
- She also has a motorcycle license.
- Malin loves planning surprise birthday parties for others.