|Brodha V Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||March 27, 1990|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Brodha V is an Indian hip-hop artist, lyricist, rapper, and music producer who is best known for his singles such as Aathma Raama (2012), Aigiri Nandini (2014), Let Em Talk (2017), Shook Ones Freestyle (2018), Maari Kannu (2019), Flex (2020), Aaraam (2021), and All Divine (2022). He has also contributed, as a singer, to tracks in Indian films such as Nil Gavani Sellathey (2010), Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge (2011), Chennai Express (2013), Kaaki Sattai (2015), Krishnarjuna Yudham (2018), and Jersey (2019). Most of his music is drawn from personal experiences and delivered in vernacular.
Kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu, India
Bengaluru, Bayaluseemé, Karnataka, India
Brodha V had attended the Bishop Cotton Boys’ School, an all-boys school for boarders and day scholars in Bengaluru.
Hip-Hop Artist, Lyricist, Rapper, Music Producer
Hip Hop, Rap, Hindustani Classical, Carnatic Classical, Indian Folk
- Sony Music Entertainment India
- Zee Music Company
- Wunderbar Studios
- Lahari Recording Company
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Dr. Nithya Ramesh – He got married to Dr. Nithya Ramesh in 2023.
Race / Ethnicity
- Slender frame
- Often sports a baseball hat
- Affable smile
- Sports a chin puff beard
Brodha V, as an ambassador for the Chinese smartphone brand OnePlus, had hosted and performed in an unboxing event to mark the release of the OnePlus 6T. The number of people that had participated in the event had set a Guinness World Record.
He had collaborated with Puma SE, the German multinational corporation that designs and manufactures athletic & casual footwear, apparel, and accessories, in 2019, to promote underground music and hip-hop culture in India.
Brodha V Facts
- Brodha V began rapping when he was about 18 years old. He had revealed in an interview that the song Pettai Rap, composed by the legendary Indian music director A. R. Rahman, for the 1994 Tamil-language romantic thriller film Kadhalan, was his introduction to rap. He was also influenced by several American rappers who were wildly popular in the 1990s and 2000s including Eminem, Rakim, Nas, Big Pun, and Jay-Z.
- In the early and mid-2000s, he used to participate in online rap battles on the now-defunct social media platform Orkut. After getting some recognition on that platform, he started composing his own songs.
- In 2008, he co-founded a hip-hop trio called Machas With Attitude (MWA). The group disbanded in 2013 to pursue independent careers soon after composing a track titled Ready Steady Po for the Hindi-language action-comedy film Chennai Express.
- As an independent solo artist, his debut mixtape called Deathpunch (2011), released to a limited audience, had drawn the attention of the hip hop fraternity and the independent music circuit in southern India.
- In 2013, he signed a contract with the record label Sony Music Entertainment India. He had released a popular single titled Aigiri Nandini (2014) with them but had dropped out of the label in 2015, citing creative differences.
- To promote the hip-hop genre of music in India, Brodha V organized the first Indian rap cipher in Bengaluru in 2014. Subsequent editions of the event were organized in cities such as Delhi and Mumbai.
- In 2015, in recognition of his contribution to the independent music scene in India, he was honored with the Renault Free the Music Award.
- In 2018, Brodha V was involved in a controversy due to his song Shook Ones- Freestyle, in which, he called out artists who plagiarize content from other artists.
- Brodha V was featured in the 2019 film, Gully Boy. He was also one of the artists on whom the title and story were based upon.
- In 2019, he released his first Kannada rap song, which was his rendition of the song Maari Kannu.
- His 2020 single, titled Flex, had amassed more than 2 million views on social media platforms within 45 hours of release.
- His stage name, Brodha V, is derived from two elements – the first element stands for brotherhood while the second stands for his birth name, Vighnesh.
- He has collaborated with several artists in the Indian film industry such as KR$NA, Benny Dayal, Raftaar, and Anirudh Ravichander.
Featured Image by Brodha V / Instagram