|Raftaar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||November 16, 1988|
Raftaar is an Indian rapper known for his popular songs like Tamanche Pe Disco, Whistle Baja, Singh And Kaur, and Dhaakad. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 2 million followers on Instagram, more than 2 million followers on Twitter, and more than 4 million followers on Facebook.
Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, Music Director
- Father – His father worked as a cleaner with the Indian railways.
- Mother – His mother worked as a typist.
Raftaar is represented by DNH Artists India.
Bollywood, R&B, Desi hip-hop, World, Pop, Urban
- Muzik ONE Records
- Zee Music Company
- AK Projekts
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Raftaar has dated –
- Komal Vohra (2016-Present) – Raftaar got married to his long-term girlfriend Komal Vohra in December 2016 in a Punjabi wedding ceremony. Raftaar had met Komal about 5 years earlier at their mutual friend’s house and had started going out shortly after. Komal is an interior designer, who runs her own company.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Malayali ancestry.
He often tends to dye his hair ‘blonde’.
- Often wears a baseball cap
- Loves wearing gold jewelry
Best Known For
- Having performed in the Bollywood singles such as Tamanche Pe Disco, Whistle Baja, Singh And Kaur, and Dhaakad.
- Having worked with popular music artists such as Manj Musik, Diljit Dosanjh, Sukhwinder Singh, Vishal Dadlani, and Yo Yo Honey Singh.
As a Singer
In 2013, he released his debut mixtape, WTF – Witness the Future.
First TV Show
Raftaar has made appearances in several reality TV shows such as Jhalak Dikhhla Ja and MTV Roadies.
Raftaar Favorite Things
- Place To Eat At Night In Delhi – Lajpat Nagar
Source – Eat Treat
- Just a few days before he was born, his parents headed back to their hometown of Thiruvananthapuram for a couple of weeks as they wanted their son to identify himself as a Kerala born Malayali. However, while growing up in New Delhi, he grew close to the Punjabi way of life as he fell in love with their way of living and their well-known large-heartedness.
- He had a very humble upbringing as his family lived in a one-bedroom apartment in a society in Munirka and had to share a toilet and kitchen with 6 other families.
- He was often picked on in schools and had to change 6 schools due to incessant bullying. Because of his poor family background, he was often discriminated against by his teachers as well.
- When he was in the 9th class, his life changed when his friend lent him a music CD with Eminem and Linkin Park’s songs.
- The hip-hop music made him a popular kid in high school and college and during this period, he regularly participated in the fests and often emerged as a winner.
- Early in his career, he was a member of a hip-hop group called Black Wall Street Desis. His group was heavily influenced by the African-American rappers and they even used to copy African American lingo and their way of speaking.
- Due to his exceptional rap skills, his natural dancing skills are rarely noticed. In fact, early in his career, he used to earn additional pocket money from his dance performances.
- In 2011, he teamed up with his colleague from a Delhi-based dance institute known as Max and Manik to participate in the dance reality show, Dance India Dance. They managed to finish in the 8th position in the dance show and Raftaar also got a chance to show off his hip-hop skills on the show.
- His skills were noticed by Yo Yo Honey Singh, who gave Black Wall Street Desis a call and eventually roped Raftaar in for the formation of Mafia Mundeer, which included another superstar rapper Badshah amongst its members. However, Raftaar eventually decided to leave Mafia Mundeer along with Badshah. Both of them accused Honey Singh of using their lines for his professional benefit and never giving them their due credit. Since then, Raftaar has openly feuded with Honey Singh and has targeted him with the lyrics of some of his raps.
- In August 2021, Raftaar had invested an undisclosed amount in the learning and community app, FrontRow which was founded in 2020. Actress Deepika Padukone was already an investor in this.
Featured Image by Kapil Charaniya / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0