|Anirudh Ravichander Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||October 16, 1990|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Anirudh Ravichander is an Indian film composer and singer who works in Tamil cinema. With his songs frequently going viral online and garnering hundreds of millions of views, he has been labeled as a viral prodigy.
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
He went to Loyola College, Chennai, and graduated in 2011. He attended the Trinity College of Music, London, where he learned to play piano and obtained his sound engineering diploma from sound tech-media (Chennai).
Film Composer, Singer, Instrumentalist
- Father – Ravi Raghavendra
- Mother – Lakshmi Ravichander
- Others – S. V. Ramanan (Maternal Grandfather), Krishnaswami Subrahmanyam (Great-grandfather)
He self-manages himself.
Film Score, Independent Music
- Albuquerque Studios
- Sony music
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Bearded Jaw
- Tall Height
Anirudh Ravichander Favorite Things
- Singer / Musician – Michael Jackson
- Instrument – Piano
- Music Gadgets – VoxBox, Focal Speakers
Source – SilverScreen.in
Anirudh Ravichander Facts
- He made his debut in the Tamil industry at the age of 21.
- His debut song Why This Kolaveri Di which was made for the 2012 film 3, went frenzy across the globe and has amassed more than 200 million views on YouTube.
- He’s one of the most popular composers in South India.
- Besides Tamil Cinema, he has also worked in Telugu and Hindi.
- As of December 2019, he has won 9 South Indian International Movie Awards.
- He has signed a record deal with Sony Music.
- During the Diwali 2016, along with international artist Diplo, he released the remix of Major Lazer and MØ‘s hit Cold Water.
- Ravichander won the Chennai Times’ “Most Desirable Man 2017″ poll and was hailed as the first musician to win the poll.
- He was part of a band in school called Zinx.
- At the age of 10, he started composing music and landed his break at the age of 22.
- He was a School Pupil Leader at Padma Seshadri Bala Bhavan, K.K Nagar.
- He loves music and composing is his passion.
- His dream was to pursue a career in music and become a musician. Back in high school, he participated in a TV show judged by A. R. Rahman and his band was among the winners along with the other 5 bands. He was awarded the “Best Instrumentalist” by his idol.
- As a music composer, he made his debut in his cousin Aishwarya R. Dhanush‘s directorial debut in 3 starring Dhanush.
- On Valentine’s eve in 2016, he released a single titled Avalukena under the banner of Sony Music.
- He sang and composed a single for the Indian Tamil-language drama film David (2013).
- His soundtrack Vanakkam Chennai which had been released in July 2013 was a chart-topping one that reached the top spot in iTunes “India Top Album” category shortly after its release. Prior to the release, Ravichander revealed that it was his “best work”.
- His promotional song Chennai City Gangster had placed him in a collaboration with Adhi of Hiphop Tamizha and British-Indian rapper Hard Kaur.
- As of December 2019, Anirudh has compiled more than 40 awards for his works.
- Anirudh reportedly charged ₹10 crore for Shah Rukh Khan-starrer Jawan (2023).
Featured Image by Anirudh Ravichander / Instagram