|DC Young Fly Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||2, 1992|
|Girlfriend||Ms Jacky Oh|
DC Young Fly is an American rapper, actor, comedian, screenwriter, producer, and social media star, best known for being a part of the Nick Cannon-created MTV’s TV comedy series Wild ‘N Out starting in 2015. He is also known as a comedian, having released The 85 South Live Comedy Show Atlanta comedy album in 2017 as part of The 85 South Show Comedy group, as well as comedy albums The Long Beach Comedy Special (2018) and Crack Smoke In Your Body (Live From the Nashville Comedy Festival) (2019). As a rapper, DC Young Fly released tracks such as Westside Connection (2014), M.A.P. feat. Money Bag (2014), Right Now (2016), No Weed (2016), and mixtapes titled Curb Music (2018), and Trap Soul (2019).
DC Young Fly also took part in the series such as Wild ‘N on Tour (2016), Hip Hop Squares (2017-2018), Tales (2017), In the Cut (2017), Dead House (2017), and Rel (2018). As an actor, he has appeared in movies like Almost Christmas (2016), #DigitalLivesMatter (2016), which he also produced, as well as Armed (2018), The Trap (2019), and TV movies Hollywood Hearts (2016), and How High 2 (2019). He also posted comedy skits via short-form-video platform named Vine and garnered more than 800k followers between 2013 and 2016 before it was shut down. DC Young Fly has also amassed a large fanbase online with more than 8.5 million followers on Instagram, more than 2 million followers on Facebook, and more than 300k followers on Twitter.
DC Young Fly, John Whitefield
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Adamsville, Atlanta, Georgia, United States
He attended Benjamin E. Mays High School in Atlanta, Georgia, United States.
Rapper, Actor, Comedian, Producer, Screenwriter, Social Media Star
- Father – (Deceased, 2013)
- Siblings – He has 7 older siblings.
DC Young Fly is represented by Innovative Artists (Talent Agent Theatrical, Voice, Personal Appearance) in Santa Monica, California, United States.
Rap, Hip Hop, Underground Rap, R&B, Soul
- Grind Mind Ent / TrenchWerk
- South Show Records
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
DC Young Fly has dated –
- Ms Jacky Oh (2015-Present) – In 2015, he began dating the well-known actress, model, TV personality, and entrepreneur, also known as his co-star in MTV’s Wild ‘N Out comedy TV series. She is also known as a creator of her own lipgloss collection, which she named J.nova in honor of their 1st child, a daughter named Nova Whitfield (b. October 30, 2016).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Tall, slim physique
- Afro haircut
- Fuller Lips
- Multiple tattoos on his body
DC Young Fly has endorsed the brand Watchable.
Best Known For
- Appearing as himself in the MTV’s TV series Wild ‘N Out starting in 2015, and Hip Hop Squares (2017-2018)
- Starring in movies such as #DigitalLivesMatter (2016), Almost Christmas (2016), Armed (2018), and The Trap (2019)
- Being a part of the comedy group The 85 South Show Comedy which has toured across the United States
- Being a rapper, having released mixtapes Curb Music (2018) and Trap Soul (2019), as well as singles such as Westside Connection (2014), Right Now (2016), and No Weed (2016)
- Having a fanbase online with more than 8.5 million followers on Instagram, more than 2 million followers on Facebook, and more than 500k subscribers on YouTube
As a Singer
DC Young Fly released his debut single titled Westside Connection on September 16, 2014, under Archive Entertainment. The very next day, he proceeded to release another track, titled M.A.P., featuring artist Money Bag. In 2016, he released singles Right Now and No Weed, and in 2018, his debut rap/hip hop mixtape titled Curb Music. It consisted of 10 tracks which were titled 2 Shots, Whole Life, Rolling, Soul Tape, On My Own, Got My Back, Take Ya Ass Home, No Weed, How the Street Go, and From the Ghetto.
On January 1, 2019, DC Young Fly released his 2nd mixtape titled Trap Soul, which consisted of 12 tracks in total – Side Piece, Stay Down, Right Now, Where Were U, Right Quick (Interlude), Gotta Go, Real, Keep It Playa, Tired, Cake, Who R U (Interlude), and Pretty Lady.
As a featured artist, he appeared on tracks such as Crazy Bxtches ft. Bandit Gang Marco (2014), Right Now ft. Bankroll Chevy (2014), Neva Gave Me Nothin’ ft. Mr. Gin (2015), Like That ft. Iman (2016), Ready ft Lil’ Scrappy & Young Ace (2016), Take Me There ft. Ursula (2016). In 2017, he was featured on songs South ft. Lil Keke, Zed Zilla, Jose Francois, and Kyle Ahart, and Oh Lord ft. Cory Gunz & Montana Millz, while in 2018, DC Young Fly collaborated with King Louie and Boss Blaze on a track titled Lil N***a, and with Toni Romiti on her R&B/Soul single Never Thought.
DC Young Fly made his theatrical film debut as Eric in the comedy film Almost Christmas in 2016.
First TV Show
DC Young Fly made his first TV show appearance as ‘Himself’ in an episode titled 85 South Show/Eric Bellinger of the comedy series Wild ‘N Out in 2015.
DC Young Fly Favorite Things
- Interests – Designer Bags, Expensive Jewelry, Exotic Cars
- Hobbies – Fishing, Skiing
- Person – Martin Luther King Jr.
- Personal Quote – “Sometimes, people get caught up in the limelight. They do not understand that without the fans, there would be no you.”
DC Young Fly Facts
- He got his nickname for his love of DC comics he often read during his trips to the toilet.
- His friends described him as a class clown growing up.
- DC Young Fly’s parents divorced when he was about 6 years old.
- At the age of 12, he started “shooting dice” in the neighborhood, which was a gambling game.
- He began selling weed at the age of 15 and moved on to sell crack at 17.
- One of his best friends, Richie, who was part of “Da Crew” rap organization with him, and who he considered his brother, was killed in June 2010. DC Young Fly posted a heartfelt note to him on June 27, 2019, with regret in his heart that he wasn’t there to see him succeed in life. As a way to represent the memory of his “brother”, he got the words “DC” tattooed on his forehead.
- His dad died in 2013 from Alzheimer’s disease. He added that for the duration of the last few years “it simply wasn’t him anymore.”
- DC Young Fly was affiliated with hashtags #teamIgnant and #hoodcomedy on Instagram.
- In 2014, he surprised his mother with a new Mercedes-Benz car, saying he “got her out of the hood” as he promised.
- In May 2015, after spending 31 days in jail, he vowed never to go back.
- The audience recognized him for his catchphrase “FawwwkUMean?”
- In 2014, DC Young Fly made an Instagram video “roasting” Kevin Hart, to which Kevin responded on Twitter saying that he doesn’t need that kind of a problem and that he would publicly humiliate him unless he backed down. DC simply replied saying that he’s “an undefeated man” and that he “never loses.” Kevin then went on to post a picture of him half-naked and with a long list of “roast” hashtags mocking his tattoos, shoes, face, house and living situation.
- He was also a part of the controversy regarding Azealia Banks‘s 1st appearance on Wild ‘N Out in 2018 when she accused the organization of being “anti-black” and even threatened to spit on DC Young Fly backstage.
- As part of the Wild ‘N Out TV series on MTV, on June 21, 2019, he battled Ne-Yo in freestyle while Zendaya Coleman was watching.
- He was praised for his interviews and music he made from a well-known rapper Snoop Dogg on June 23, 2019. The two also smoked large cigars together.
- On June 26, 2019, DC Young Fly announced that he began working on his debut album in a studio in Los Angeles, California and that he would take no days off while preparing it.
- Visit his official website @ dcyoungflyofficial.com.
- Follow him on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Vine, Spotify, Apple Music, and SoundCloud.
Featured Image by DC Young Fly / Instagram