|Josie Maran Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in|
|Date of Birth||May 8, 1978|
Josie Maran is an American model, actress, teacher, singer, dancer, voiceover artist, and entrepreneur who is known for her glorious modeling career as she has worked with some of the well-known brands of the industry which include the likes of Maybelline, American Eagle, Victoria’s Secret, Mango, Bloomingdale’s, Intimissimi, Tommy Hilfiger, and Victoria’s Secret. She has also branched out as an actress and has played a variety of roles in several movies such as Mallory in The Mallory Effect, Susan in Swatters, Marishka in Van Helsing, Lulu Fritz in Little Black Book, and Kira Hayden in The Gravedancers. In June 2007, Josie Maran founded the natural cosmetics product line, Josie Maran Cosmetics, which takes pride in being a women-led brand and using pure argan oil as the key ingredient. The brand has also garnered a huge social media fan base with more than 250k followers on Instagram, more than 200k followers on Facebook, more than 80k followers on Twitter, and more than 15k subscribers on YouTube. Moreover, Josie Maran has tried her hand in singing as well and has also been a part of a couple of TV shows.
Johanna Selhorst Maran
Menlo Park, San Mateo County, California, United States
Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, United States
Josie Maran studied at Castilleja School which is an independent school for girls located in Palo Alto, Santa Clara County, California, United States.
Model, Actress, Entrepreneur, Teacher, Voiceover Artist, Dancer, Singer
- Others – Henry H. Selhorst (Maternal Grandfather), Ursula (Maternal Great Grandmother), Beepske Brevet (Maternal Grandmother), Jan Brevet (Maternal Great Grandfather), Cecilia Kerkhoven (Maternal Great Grandmother)
Josie Maran is represented by –
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles County, California, United States
- One Management – New York
- Option Model Agency – Zurich
- Model Management – Hamburg
5 ft 7½ in or 171.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Spouse
Josie Maran has dated –
- Bridget Hall (2002) – It was speculated that Josie Maran went out with model Bridget Hall in 2002. They were also seen together on a couple of occasions.
- David Blaine (2002-2004) – Josie Maran started dating illusionist, endurance artist, and extreme performer, David Blaine, in the year 2002. They were together for around 2 years before they decided to quit and part ways in 2004.
- Johnny Zander (2003-2004) – In 2003, Josie Maran had a fling with model Johnny Zander. However, it was only a short-lived romance which came to an end the following year.
- Ali Alborzi – In the year 2004, she started going out with Iranian-American photographer, Ali Alborzi. Soon after, the couple welcomed their first child, a daughter named Rumi Joon Alborzi, on June 20, 2006. Josie Maran and Ali Alborzi had a long-term relationship and on July 1, 2012, they were again blessed with a child, their 2nd daughter named Indi Joon Maran-Albrozi. However, after being together for a couple of years, the relationship fizzled out and, hence, they both went separate ways.
- David Belle – Josie Maran got married to David Belle on August 26, 2018, and the couple has since been together. She has also often shared their pictures on Instagram to keep her fans updated about her love life.
Race / Ethnicity
Josie Maran is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent on her father’s side and has Dutch, French, and German roots on her mother’s side.
Dark Brown (Natural)
Josie Maran has often either dyed or highlighted her hair in lighter shades.
- Charming smile
- Deep-set eyes
- Attached earlobes
8.5 (US) or 6 (UK) or 39 (EU)
Josie Maran has done endorsement work for a number of brands which include the likes of American Eagle, Andrew Marc, Ann Taylor, Bebe, Bloomingdale’s, Carl’s Jr., Clairol, Extase ‘Pure Passion’ fragrance, Fruit of the Loom, Gemey, GUESS?, Honora, Intimissimi, Mango, Maybelline, Neutrogena, Sisley, Tommy Hilfiger Denim & Underwear, and Victoria’s Secret.
She also appeared in a commercial for Crest Extra White Toothpaste plus Scope White Mouthwash alongside Ryan Seacrest in 2007.
In April 2008, she was cast in Walmart‘s ad campaign for spring/summer launch of Op alongside Kristin Cavallari, Christina Milian, Rumer Willis, Pete Wentz, Corbin Bleu, and Wilmer Valderrama.
Best Known For
- Having appeared on the covers of several magazines and editorials such as Elle Singapore, Glamour, Shape USA, SELF, Fitness, Marie Claire, Maxim, Cosmopolitan, Examiner, Women, and Lucky
- Having done modeling for a variety of brands which include the likes of Maybelline, American Eagle, Victoria’s Secret, Mango, and Sports Illustrated Swimsuit
- Appearing in a variety of films and shows such as The Aviator, The Mallory Effect, Van Helsing, QVC Model & Host Clips, Little Black Book, The Gravedancers, Howard Stern, Late Night with Conan O’Brien, Jimmy Kimmel Live!, Entertainment Tonight, Dancing with the Stars, and America’s Next Top Model
- The popularity of her natural cosmetics product line, Josie Maran Cosmetics, which has also amassed an impressive fan base on social media with more than 250k followers on Instagram, more than 200k followers on Facebook, more than 80k followers on Twitter, and more than 15k subscribers on YouTube
As a Singer
Josie Maran used to be an informal member of 2 bands which were Darling, alongside TV personality, actress, author, socialite, and fashion designer, Nicole Richie, and Hollywood 2000. Her skills included singing as well as playing the violin.
Josie Maran made her first theatrical film appearance by playing the lead role of Mallory in the comedy-drama film, The Mallory Effect, in 2002. Some other cast members of the film included the likes of Steven Roy, Sean Marble, Victoria Pratt, Clare Kramer, Scott Hanks, and Sam Littlefield and it was premiered at Slamdance Film Festival on January 12, 2002.
First TV Show
Josie Maran made her first TV show appearance as Herself/Guest in an episode of the comedy talk-show series, Howard Stern, in December 2000.
Josie Maran stays fit by working out on a regular basis. She has maintained a healthy body and often shares her workout pictures on Instagram as well.
Josie Maran Facts
- She was a high school student when a woman asked her to give a modeling performance in San Francisco and later, a scouting agent saw her performance and encouraged her to pursue the profession.
- Josie Maran was only 17 years old when she signed with Elite Model Management’s agency in Los Angeles, California, United States.
- While growing up, she wanted to become a s*x therapist.
- She made her magazine cover debut by getting featured on the cover of Glamour magazine’s 1998 issue.
- Josie Maran underwent appendectomy, which is the surgical removal of the appendix, in 1990 which left her with a scar that has usually been edited out of her pictures.
- In 1997, she was cast as Howie Dorough‘s partner in the music video for the popular song titled Everybody (Backstreet’s Back) by the much-loved band, Backstreet Boys.
- From 2000 to 2002, Josie Maran consecutively appeared in the annual issues of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit.
- She was placed at number #101 in the “102 Sexiest Women In The World” list curated by Stuff magazine in 2002. The same year, she was ranked at number #67 in Maxim Magazine‘s “Hot 100 of 2002” list.
- Josie Maran was cast as Lulu Fritz in the 2004 comedy-drama film, Little Black Book, which starred the likes of Brittany Murphy, Holly Hunter, Ron Livingston, Julianne Nicholson, and Kathy Bates.
- In 2005, she appeared on the 36th position in the “100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005” special supplement curated by FHM. Then, the following year, she managed to grab the 100th spot in the magazine’s “100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006” supplement.
- Josie Maran played the role of Kira Hayden in the horror drama film, The Gravedancers, in 2006. Directed by Mike Mendez, the film starred Dominic Purcell and Clare Kramer.
- She partnered with the Belarusian American producer and former professional dancer, Alec Mazo, to compete in the 2007 season of the dance reality TV show, Dancing with the Stars. However, the duo was the first one to get eliminated in the series.
- She launched her very own natural cosmetics product line, Josie Maran Cosmetics, in June 2007 and the motto of the brand is “luxury with a conscience”. The entire line is popular for its key ingredient, that is the fair trade argan oil, which is grown and harvested by co-ops of Moroccan women. The products can be brought on QVC as well as at Sephora.
- Josie Maran has also worked towards causes related to the protection and improvement of nature and the environment.
- In 2007, she was ranked at number #44 in the AskMen‘s “Top 99 Most Desirable Women” list.
- She has also served as a teacher.
- In 2004, Josie Maran provided vocals to the character of Marishka in the video game titled Van Helsing as well as to the character of Mia in the video game Need for Speed: Most Wanted in the year 2005.
- Visit the official website of her cosmetics line @ josiemarancosmetics.com.
- Follow Josie Maran Cosmetics on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Josie Maran / Instagram