|James Gandolfini Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||September 18, 1961|
James Gandolfini was a multiple award-winning American actor and producer who was most prominently known for his role as Anthony John Soprano in The Sopranos (1999-2007). He was a highly accolated actor and held 3 Emmy Awards, 3 Screen Actors Guild Awards, and 1 Golden Globe Award amongst the many others.
James Joseph Gandolfini Jr.
James was born on September 18, 1961.
Gandolfini died on June 19, 2013, at the age of 51 in Rome, Italy due to a heart attack.
Westwood, New Jersey, United States
In 1979, James completed his schooling from Park Ridge High School.
Later, he graduated from Rutgers University with a degree of Bachelor of Arts in Communication.
- Father – James Joseph Gandolfini Sr. (Bricklayer, Cement Mason)
- Mother – Santa Penna (Food Service Worker)
- Siblings – Johanna Antonacci (Sister), Leta Gandolfini (Sister)
James was represented by William Morris Endeavor Entertainment and Brookside Artist Management.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
125 kg or 275.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
James was linked with –
- Cynthia DeMoss
- Marcy Wudarski (1995-2002) – James and Marcy have a son named Michael Gandolfini (b. 1999).
- Lora Somoza (2002-2005)
- Deborah Lin (2006-2013) – They have a daughter named Liliana Ruth Gandolfini (b. October 2012).
Race / Ethnicity
James was of Campanian and Italian descent.
- Thin lips
- A partially bald patch on the crown of his head.
- Large physical appearance
James Gandolfini Facts
- Gandolfini was brought up in Park Ridge, New Jersey.
- He would read mystery books in order to go to sleep.
- Prior to pursuing his career as an actor, James worked as a bartender, as well as a nightclub bouncer, and truck driver.
- He got into legal issues regarding a salary dispute with HBO in 2003, which ended after he dropped the charges.
- James was skilled at playing the saxophone and trumpet.
- Gandolfini was a cigar aficionado.
- His father earned a Purple Heart for his contribution to World War II.
- Gandolfini’s family spoke Italian at home and were devoted Roman Catholics.
- While in school, he played basketball and also indulged in his school plays.
Featured Image By Diariocritico de Venezuela / Flickr / CC BY 2.0