|Julianne Nicholson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||July 1, 1971|
Julianne Nicholson is an American actress and model who rose to fame after playing the lead role of Jenny Shaw in the legal comedy-drama television series Ally McBeal (2001–2002). She gained further acclaim by starring in several other TV shows including The Red Road (2014–2015) and by appearing in numerous films like August: Osage County (2013). Nicholson has also performed in various plays in New York such as The Hallway Trilogy: Rose in the past. Julianne is the recipient of many accolades including getting nominated for the Screen Actors Guild Award in 2014. She has garnered more than 30k followers on Instagram.
Medford, Massachusetts, United States
She graduated from Arlington Catholic High School. After going to New York, she attended Hunter College, pursuing General Studies for a couple of years.
While in New York, Julianne worked as a waitress and finally left school in order to study acting, and kickstart her professional career.
- Father – James O. Nicholson Jr
- Mother – Kate née Gilday Nicholson
- Siblings – She has 3 younger siblings.
She has been represented by United Talent Agency.
Her net worth was $3 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Jonathan Cake (2004-Present) – She met British actor Jonathan Cake playing a couple in the unaired HBO pilot Marriage. The pair tied the knot on September 5, 2004, in Italy. They have a son named Ignatius Cake (b. September 2007) and a daughter named Phoebe Margaret Cake (b. April 30, 2009).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Irish descent.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Freckled face and body
- Tall stature
- Sharp features
Julianne Nicholson Favorite Things
- Co-Star – Julia Roberts having totally fallen in love with her when the legend took her under her wing and showed her unbelievably gorgeous, generous and supportive self to Julianne, Ewan McGregor whom she found to be unexpectedly humble and the nicest man on earth
Source – Reuters
Julianne Nicholson Facts
- She was brought up in Medford in Massachusetts.
- After graduating from high school, she did modeling work in New York for 6 months, quit for 1 year, following which she resumed her modeling career in Paris for another 6 months.
- Julianne has affirmed that she has loved acting and that it was The Wizard of Oz that had the greatest impact on her and convinced her to try to become an actress.
- There has been a common misconception that she is related to Oscar-winner Jack Nicholson.
- Julianne has disclosed that she had to put in hard work to master the Delco tongue for her part in the TV series Mare of Easttown. Initially, she had been intimidated by it as it had seemed like a hodgepodge of New York, Philly, and Southern accents. Neither was she familiar with Delco County as she had never been to Philadelphia or any of the surrounding areas. She worked with dialect coach Susanne Sulby, on every scene, the night before the filming, which proved to be immensely helpful.
- She has enjoyed reading books like Brit Bennett’s The Vanishing Half and Kevin Wilson’s Nothing to See Here.
Featured Image by Julianne Nicholson / Instagram