Peter Lewis Kingston Wentz III
Petah, Pete, Petey, Peter Pan, Pistol Pete, Peterpanda, Pete! At The Disco, Peter Panda, Tampa Bay Tommy
Wilmette, Illinois, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Pete Wentz went to the New Trier High School. He later got enrolled at the North Shore Country Day School.
He graduated from high school in 1997 and got admission at the DePaul University and chose political science as his major but he dropped out before his graduation as he wanted to focus on his music band, Fall out Boy.
Musician, songwriter, record executive, A&R
- Father – Pete Wentz II (Attorney)
- Mother – Dale Wentz (High School Admissions Counselor)
- Siblings – Hillary Wentz (Younger Sister), Andrew Wentz (Younger Brother)
- Others – Roy Albert Wentz (Paternal Grandfather), Phyllis Norbury (Paternal Grandmother), Arthur Winston Lewis (Maternal Grandfather) (Was appointed as U.S. Ambassador to Sierra Leone), Dolores Laura Kirlew (Maternal Grandmother)
Pete Wentz is represented by New York City based Crush Management.
Pop punk, pop rock, emo pop, emo, alternative rock, post-hardcore, metalcore, and techno
Bass, vocals, keyboards
DCD2, Fueled by Ramen, Island Records
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
67 kg or 148 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Pete Wentz has dated
- Alicia Simmons (2003) – Pete Wentz was reported to be going out with musician Alicia Simmons in 2003.
- Jeanae White (2003-2005) – Pete started going out with a girl named Jeanae White towards the start of 2003. They dated for around two years before deciding to go separate ways by mid-2006. It is claimed that a number of his songs were inspired by his relationship with Jeanae. In his interview with Rolling Stone journalist, he revealed that most of his new songs were inspired by his recent doomed relationship. His former girlfriend drove him so crazy that he once put his hand through a window pane of a car.
- Michelle Trachtenberg (2006) – Wentz was reported to be in a relationship with actress Michelle Trachtenberg in 2006. However, their relationship didn’t last long as she dumped him for his frat boy behavior.
- Ashlee Simpson (2006-2011) – Pete officially started going out with singer Ashlee Simpson towards the end of 2006. In April 2008, they announced that they got engaged. A month later, they got married in an intimate wedding ceremony held at her parent’s place in Encino, California. In November 2008, she gave birth to a son, Bronx. In February 2011, she filed for divorce and in her documents, cited irreconcilable differences. She asked for primary physical custody of their son with Wentz getting visiting rights (along with spousal support). Pete didn’t want to divorce. In November 2011, their divorce was finalized. After their divorce, they remain on good terms and are often spotted hanging together with their son.
- Meagan Camper (2011-Present) – Pete was reported to be dating model Meagan Camper in May 2011. They had met in Los Angeles in April and were taking their relationship slow in the start. He waited for her to establish a good relationship with his son before making their relationship serious. In February 2014, he revealed that his girlfriend was pregnant with their first child and his second. In August 2014, she gave birth to a son, Saint Lazslo.
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he has German and English ancestry. Whereas, on his mother’s side, he is of African and Jamaican descent.
Dark Brown (Natural hair color)
He often likes to go for blonde highlights.
- Often has slight beard and mustache
- Body tattoos
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 38 in or 96.5 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35.5 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
Pete Wentz has appeared in a TV commercial for spin-off video game, Band Hero.
Pete has served as a model for the products manufactured by DKNY in collaboration with Clandestine Industries.
Best Known For
Being the lyricist, bassist, and backing vocalist for the rock band, Fall Out Boy. They are quite well known for the popularity of their studio albums – Infinity on High and Save Rock and Roll. Both of these albums were #1 on Billboard 200.
In May 2003, Pete’s band Fall Out Boy released their debut studio album, Take This to Your Grave. It was certified as Gold by RIAA.
Pete was first seen in the 2008 theatrical film Sex Drive as himself.
First TV Show
In October 2005, he made his first TV show appearance in an episode of drama romance TV series, One Tree Hill. However, his appearance was uncredited.
His first credited TV show appearance came in December 2005 on the popular talk show, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
Pete Wentz relies on tennis to keep himself fit and trim. He apparently plays it several times a week. For a well-rounded workout routine, he follows up a game of tennis with a couple of core exercises.
Later, he started indulging in boxing workouts. Plus, he also started going for weight lifting and resistance workouts.
Pete Wentz Favorite Things
- Healthy Recipe – Vegetable Stir Fry
- Holiday – Halloween
- Heroes – 80s Wrestlers
- Candy – Japanese candy such as Green Tea Kit-Kats and Hi-Chews
- Disney Ride – Space Mountain
- First Crush – The Thunder Cats’ Cheetara
- Artists – José Parlá and Os Gêmeos
Source – LA Yoga, US Magazine
Pete Wentz Facts
- While studying at the North Shore Country Day School, he was an all-state soccer player.
- In his first year in high school, he started bunking classes and smoking marijuana. However, after realizing that it was affecting his school grades, he decided to quit marijuana usage.
- Before he co-founded Fall Out Boy, he was involved in many hardcore punk bands such as Birthright, Extinction, Arma Angelus, and Yellow Road Priest.
- He is the founder of Clandestine Industries that manufacture clothing and other merchandise. In August 2007, his company announced a partnership with fashion company DKNY.
- In April 2007, Pete launched his exclusive and signature, Squier Precision Bass. The back of the headstock of the guitar features Pete’s signature.
- In April 2007, he opened a high-end night club called Angels & Kings in New York City. The other members in the venture are his bandmates, members of Gym Class Heroes, The Academy Is…, and Cobra Starship and managers of all the before mentioned bands.
- In 2005, he published his first children’s fiction book, The Boy with the Thorn in His Side. The book is inspired by the nightmares he had as a child.
- In June 2009, Wentz announced that he was going to collaborate with designer Darren Romanelli for five-issue comic book mini-series called Fall Out Toy Works. The comics were to be published by Image Comics.
- He suffers from bipolar disorder and has been taking medication for it since the age of 18.
- In February 2005, he attempted to take his life by taking an overdose of the anxiety medication Ativan. He recalled his experience in the single, 7 Minutes in Heaven (Atavan Halen).
- He is an active supporter of the Invisible Children, Inc., which is a nonprofit organization that works to support displaced refugees in Uganda.
- He serves as a spokesperson of The Jed Foundation’s Half of Us campaign, which aims to lower the rate of suicide among teens.
- He is the founder of the record label DCD2 Records. The label has signed popular music groups such as Gym Class Heroes and Panic! at the Disco.
- He did activism work for UNICEF’s Tap Project, which was a fundraising event that aimed to bring clean drinking water to people all over the world.
- Visit his band’s official website @ falloutboy.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Myspace, and Google+.
Featured Image via Yahoo / Flickr / CC BY 2.0