|Luke Sikma Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||July 30, 1989|
Luke Sikma is an American professional basketball player who has represented, as a power forward, UB La Palma (2011-2012), CB Atapuerca (aka Autocid Ford Burgos) (2012-2013), CB 1939 Canarias (2013-2015), and Valencia Basket Club (2015-2017) in Spain; and Alba Berlin (2017-Present) in Germany. With Valencia Basket Club, he won the Liga ACB (the highest tier of professional club basketball in Spain) title in the 2016-17 season, the club’s 1st such title. With Alba Berlin, Luke won the Basketball Bundesliga (BBL) (the highest tier of professional club basketball in Germany) title for 3 years (2020-2022) in a row. With the club, he also won the BBL-Pokal (the premier domestic basketball knockout competition in Germany) in 2022. In the 2018-19 season, he led Alba Berlin to the final of the EuroCup Basketball (the 2nd-tier continental club basketball tournament in Europe). For his performances in the tournament, Luke was named that season’s ‘MVP’ (Most Valuable Player). He was also included in the ‘All-EuroCup First Team’. For his performances in the 2018 season of the Basketball Bundesliga (BBL), where Alba Berlin finished as the runner-up, he was named the season’s ‘MVP’ and included in the ‘All-BBL First Team’ as well as the ‘BBL All-Star Game’.
Lucas Clayton Sikma
Bellevue, King County, Washington, United States
Seattle, King County, Washington, United States
Luke had attended Bellevue High School, a public secondary school in his hometown of Bellevue. After his high school graduation, he joined the University of Portland, a private Catholic university in Portland, Oregon. Between 2007 and 2011, he represented the Portland Pilots men’s basketball team.
Professional Basketball Player
- Father – Jack Sikma (Former Professional Basketball Player, 1979 NBA Champion, 7-Time ‘NBA All-Star’, ‘Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame’ Inductee)
- Mother – Shawn Strickland
- Siblings – Nathan ‘Nate’ Sikma (Younger Brother) (Former University-Level Basketball Player), Jacob ‘Jake’ Sikma (Older Brother)
- Others – Grace Sikma (Paternal Grandmother), Clarence Sikma (Paternal Grandfather)
43 – Alba Berlin
6 ft 8 in or 203 cm
107 kg or 236 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Toned physique
- Towering frame
- Short-cropped, side-parted hair
- Cheerful smile
- Clean-shaven look
Luke Sikma Facts
- A late bloomer, Luke made it to his high school basketball team only in his junior and senior years. Consequently, he was not highly scouted and had to sign up to play college basketball with the University of Portland.
- In his senior year (2011) there, he led the WCC (West Coast Conference) in rebounds per game (10.5) and was included in the ‘First-team All-WCC‘. WCC is a collegiate athletic conference affiliated with the Division I of the NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) and consists of 10 member universities across the states of California, Oregon, Utah, and Washington.
- Luke ended his university career as the Portland Pilots‘ all-time leading rebounder (987, at an average of 7.8 rebounds per game).
- He was not selected by any team in the 2011 NBA Draft after which he chose to pursue a career in Europe. Luke signed up with UB La Palma for the 2011-12 season to ply his trade in Spain’s 2nd division.
- His hobbies/interests include playing golf, reading, and cooking.
Featured Image by Luke Sikma / Instagram