Laura Michelle Hollins
Littleborough, Greater Manchester, UK
New York City, NY, USA
Agyness attended All Saints Roman Catholic High School, Bacup and Rawtenstall Grammar School and Sixth Form in Waterfoot, Rossendale, Lancashire, England.
After a gap, she also studied music and drama at a college in Hull, England.
Fashion model, actress, singer
- Father – Ken Hollins (Works at Royal Mail)
- Mother – Lorraine (ENT Nurse at Liverpool Hope Hospital)
- Siblings – Agyness has 1 older and 1 younger sibling.
She is signed to these modeling agencies –
- Elite Model Management – New York
- Why Not Model Agency – Milan
- Oui Management
- SELECT Model Management (Mother Agency)
- Elite Model Management – Paris (2012 – 2012)
- Viva Models – Paris (2006 – 2012)
- Why Not Model Agency – Milan (2006 – 2012)
- Women Management – New York (2009 – 2011)
- Models 1 (2008 – 2011)
Pop, pop/ rock, indie rock
Not signed with any.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Deyn dated –
- Josh Hubbard (2004-2008) – Agyness dated Josh Hubbard, member of the music band The Paddingtons for 4 years from 2004 to June 2008.
- Albert Hammond Jr. (2008-2009) – American musician, Albert Hammond Jr. dated for an year from June 2008 until March 2009. They were often photographed while kissing and strolling their dogs. Their engagement rumors came across, but it didn’t happen.
- Alex Greenwald (2009) – Alex Greenwald and Agyness Deyn had a fling n April 2009, when they were found kissing each other during Coachella 2009 festival, arising rumors of them being an item.
- Miles Kane (2009) – Miles Kane and Deyn had fling in June 2009, when they were spotted kissing each other.
- James Franco (2011) – In 2011, Agyness Deyn dated American actor James Franco for couple of months.
- Giovanni Ribisi (2012-2014) – American actor, Giovanni commenced dating the model in March 2012. They eloped after few months of dating and married on June 16, 2012. They split in December 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
Short hair giving androgynous (partly male and partly female) look
32-23-34 in or 83-58-86.5 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
9 (US) or 39.5 (EU) or 6.5 (UK)
Deyn has modeled and advertised for numerous brands and designers such as Adidas, Anna Sui Beauty, Armani jeans, Blugirl by Blumarine, Burberry, Cacharel, Calvin Klein ‘CK One’ fragrance, Campaign, Culture Call, Doc Martens, Emporio Armani underwear, Galliano, Gareth Pugh, GF Ferré, Giles Deacon ‘Gold’, Giorgio Armani, Jean Paul Gaultier ‘Ma Dame’ fragrance, John Galliano, La Redoute, Me&City, Moncler, Moussy, Mulberry, Paul Smith, Printemps, Reebok, Shiseido, System, Uniqlo, Vivienne Westwood, Voslauer water.
Best Known For
Modeling and working with famous brands (listed above).
She was a member of the now defunct band “Lucky Knitwear”. The band did not release any album.
Agyness provided vocals for the single “Who” by Five O’Clock Heroes, which did not receive warm welcome by the critics and reviewers. She was also featured in that video.
She also gave vocals for the starting seconds of the song “We Found Love” by Rihanna.
Agyness played the role as Aphrodite, who is the Greek goddess of beauty, love, and sex in the 2010 film Clash of the Titans.
First Fashion Show
Deyn appeared in Ready to wear – Autumn/ Winter 2006 fashion show in which she cat-walked for Alice McCall, Evisu, John Richmond, Kei Kagami, Laura Biagiotti, Osman Yousefzada, Roberto Menichetti, and Trussardi.
The English model, Agyness Deyn is not like those models, who do starve themselves in order to remain in the modeling business. Instead, she eats healthy and eats 5 times a day, but in small proportions. This helps her to keep her metabolism high and hence stay thin. In this way, she is able to taste everything she craves for like pizza, her favorite. She also has chips and fish once in a week.
Regarding workout, Deyn loves cycling. Whenever she feels like and have time, she goes for it in the city. Apart from it, she is an avid supporter and follower of yoga. Yoga helps her to stay refreshed for the whole day.
Agyness Deyn Favorite Things
- Dr. Martens Coat
- Globetrotters Luggage
- Dries Van Noten bag, shirt, skirt, sunglasses, and vest
- Stella McCartney Underwear
- Dr. Martens Shoes
- House of Holland shirt, overalls, and shoes
- Happy Socks Socks.
Source – BullettMedia
Agyness Deyn Facts
- She was a member of the band “Lucky Knitwear”.
- Deyn was spotted first time with a fashion designer, Henry Holland, when she was shopping with her in Kentish Town, London.
- She has a sister named Emily.
- Agyness changed her name for establishing a good modeling career to Agnes. But, her mother’s numerology expert friend told them to modify the spelling of the word “Agnes” to have a good fortune in the career. Hence, “y” was added in the name to make it as “Agyness”. Her mother also added a “y” in her first name, replacing “I”.
- At 13, she worked at Fish and Chip shop in Rossendale as a part-time server.
- Agyness has kept her short hair since 13 and completely shaved her head at 17.
- At 16, Deyn won Rossendale Free Press “Face of 99” competition.
- While she was studying music in London, Agyness also worked part-time at a restaurant in day’s time and at the bar at night.
- Deyn has appeared in 2008 Pirelli Calendar.
- She is not on social media.