|Alexander Wang Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||December 26, 1983|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Alexander Wang is an American fashion designer who has emerged as one of the game-changers in the fashion industry by providing some high-end designs along with exceptionally good tailoring skills. He has also served as the Creative Director at Balenciaga before moving on to managing the Wang brand.
San Francisco, California, United States
Alexander Wang attended a summer design program at Central Saint Martins, a public tertiary art school located in London, England, when he was 15 years old. Afterward, he studied at the Harker School located in San Jose, California, United States and finished elementary and middle school.
Later on, he got enrolled at Stevenson School which is a coeducational, private school for boarding and day students located in Pebble Beach, California. Moving on, he attended Drew School when he was in his late teens and at the age of 18, he studied at Parsons School of Design located in the Greenwich Village neighborhood of Lower Manhattan in New York.
Fashion Designer, Actor
- Mother – Ying Wang
- Sibling – Dennis Wang (Brother)
- Others – Aimee Wang (Sister-In-Law)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Alexander Wang is of Taiwanese descent.
Dark Brown (Natural)
- Lean body
- Usually sports long hair
Alexander Wang Facts
- Pertaining to her superstitious nature, Wang’s mother sought the advice of a fortune teller when she was pregnant with him and was having 2nd thoughts about going through with the pregnancy as she was 40 at the time and eventually, she received positive advice from the fortune teller.
- Alexander Wang is not well-versed in Mandarin Chinese.
- In 2008, he won the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund accompanied by a $20,000 award to expand one’s business. The following year, he won the CFDA’s Swarovski Womenswear Designer of the Year Award which brought him immense popularity amongst his peers.
- In 2016, Alexander Wang made his first theatrical film appearance in a cameo role in the action-comedy film, Zoolander 2.
- He has been a huge admirer of Ralph Lauren, the world-famous fashion designer, philanthropist, and billionaire businessman.
- Alexander Wang also had a cameo appearance in the 2018 heist comedy film, Ocean’s Eight, which starred the likes of Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett, Anne Hathaway, Rihanna, Mindy Kaling, and Awkwafina.
- He has made a great impact in the fashion industry and his lines and products can be found throughout the world in several stores including Bloomingdale’s, Barneys New York, Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Dover Street Market, Browns, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Net-a-Porter.
- He has been a vocal supporter of the LGBTQ community and also released a limited-edition “Protect Your Wang” capsule collection, in partnership with Trojan, in support of the LGBTQ community and to celebrate Pride in the year 2018.
- Many celebrities have worn his creations and some of them are Kim Kardashian West, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Kylie Jenner, Abbey Lee Kershaw, Zoe Kravitz, Nicki Minaj, and Miley Cyrus.
Featured Image by Ed Kavishe / Wikimedia / CC BY 3.0