|Tony Danza Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||April 21, 1951|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Tony Danza is an American actor, voice actor, television personality, tap-dancer, boxer, director, producer, and teacher. He is known for his television roles like Tony Banta in the sitcom Taxi, Tony Micelli in the sitcom Who’s the Boss?, Tommy Silva in the legal drama series The Practice, Joe Celano in the legal drama series Family Law, Tony Caruso Sr. in the comedy-drama murder-mystery series The Good Cop, and Fred de Cordova in the comedy-drama series There’s… Johnny!. Tony Danza has also been cast in various films including I’m from Hollywood, The Nail: The Story of Joey Nardone, Rumble, Crash, Meet Wally Sparks, Don Jon, Murder Can Hurt You, Dead and Alive: The Race for Gus Farace, Stealing Christmas, and The Garbage Picking Field Goal Kicking Philadelphia Phenomenon.
Anthony Salvatore Iadanza
Tony Danza, “Brooklyn” Tony Danza, The Brooklyn Brawler, The Brooklyn Bomber
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Tony Danza studied at Malverne Senior High School and graduated in 1969. He later completed a bachelor’s degree in history in 1972 from the University of Dubuque, which he attended on a wrestling scholarship.
Actor, Voice Actor, Television Personality, Tap-dancer, Boxer, Director, Producer, Teacher
- Father – Matty Anthony Iadanza (1920-1983) (Worked as a waste collector in Brooklyn)
- Mother – Anne Cammisa (1925-1993) (Bookkeeper)
- Siblings – Matty Jr. (Younger Brother) (A Los Angeles Restaurant Owner)
- Others – Antonio Iadanza (Paternal Grandfather), Jennie/Grazia De Stefano (Paternal Grandmother), Anthony/Tony Camisa/Cammisa (Maternal Grandfather), Anna/Antonina Tumbarello (Maternal Grandmother)
Tony Danza has been repped by Farah Films & Management, Production Company, Brentwood, California, United States.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth had been $40 Million.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tony Danza has dated –
- Marilu Henner – It is RUMORed that he had an affair with actor, producer, radio host, singer, podcaster, and author Marilu Henner in the past.
- Karen Carpenter – He was once romantically involved with singer and drummer Karen Carpenter.
- Rhonda Yeoman (1970-1974) – Tony Danza and Rhonda Yeoman were married between 1970 and 1974. They have 2 children – Marc Anthony Danza (b. 1971) and Gina Danza (b. 1983). Gina was born during a reconciliation but the duo eventually separated.
- Morgan Fairchild (1978) – He hooked up with actor Morgan Fairchild in 1978.
- Tracy Robinson (1986-2006) – He got married to Tracy Robinson in 1986 and they parent 2 daughters – Katherine Danza (b. 1987) and Emily Danza (b. 1993). Tracy and Tony separated in 2006 and filed for divorce on March 10, 2011. The divorce was finalized on February 6, 2013.
- Andrea Micelucci – He started going out with Andrea Micelucci in 2008.
Race / Ethnicity
Tony Danza is of Italian (including Sicilian) descent.
Salt and Pepper
- Strong Brooklyn accent
- A “Keep Punching” boxing gloves tattoo on his right shoulder
- The Robert Crumb “Keep on Truckin'” character tattooed on his upper right arm
He appeared in a TV commercial for 10-10-321 in 1998.
Tony Danza Facts
- He resided in East New York, Brooklyn with his family until he was 14. They later shifted to Malverne, New York, on Long Island.
- From 1978 to 1983, Tony Danza appeared as Tony Banta in the sitcom Taxi and this role got him nominated for a Golden Globe Award for “Best Supporting Actor – Series, Miniseries or Television Film”.
- For his work on The Tony Danza Show, he won the People’s Choice Award for “Favorite Male Performer in a Television Series”.
- As a professional boxer, he has fought in Brooklyn, New York City, Long Island, Nanuet, White Plains, and Phoenix.
- Alongside his son Marc, Tony Danza co-authored a cookbook titled Don’t Fill Up on the Antipasto: Tony Danza’s Father-Son Cookbook in 2008.
Featured Image by DWNews Recent Celeb Gallery / Flickr / CC BY 2.0