|Emma Samms Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||August 28, 1960|
Emma Samms is a British actress and TV host who is best known for bringing to life the character of Holly Sutton in the longest-running American daytime soap opera, General Hospital, from 1983 to 2015. She also gained popularity with her role as Fallon Carrington Colby in Dynasty, The Colbys, and Dynasty: The Reunion. Moreover, she co-founded a nonprofit organization named the Starlight Children’s Foundation in 1982 and it aims at providing hospital wear, games, and deliveries to hospitalized children.
Emma Elizabeth Wylie Samuelson
London, England, United Kingdom
England, United Kingdom
Emma Samms attended the Royal Ballet School.
Actress, TV Host
- Father – Michael E. W. Samuelson (Owner of a film equipment rental company)
- Mother – Madeleine U. (née White) (Ballet Dancer)
- Sibling – Jamie (Brother) (Died at the age of 9 from aplastic anemia)
- Others – G. B. Samuelson (Paternal Grandfather) (Director, Film Producer), Marjorie Emma Elizabeth Vint (Paternal Grandmother), Sydney Samuelson (Paternal Uncle) (Director, Producer, Cinematographer), Peter Samuelson (Cousin) (Producer)
She is represented by Diamond Management, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Emma Samms has dated –
- Prince – RUMOR
- Marvin Hamlisch (1980-1981) – She was in a relationship with American composer and conductor Marvin Hamlisch from 1980 to 1981 and during that period, the duo even got engaged.
- Arsenio Hall (1983-1984)
- John Stamos (1983-1984)
- Jon-Erik Hexum (1984)
- Tristan Rogers (1984-1985)
- David Corwin (1986)
- Marcus Allen (1986-1987)
- Jonathan Prince (1987)
- Bansi Nagji (1991-1992) – She was married to Bansi Nagji from 1991 to 1992.
- Tim Dillon (1994-1995) – In the year 1994, Emma got married to Tim Dillon but the duo separated the following year.
- John Holloway (1996-2003) – She was married to John Holloway from 1996 to 2003 and they parent 2 children – Cameron (b. 1997) and Beatrice (b. March 30, 1998).
- Simon McCoy – She is in a relationship with journalist and newsreader Simon McCoy.
Race / Ethnicity
- Sultry voice
- Toned physique
Emma Samms has appeared in the TV commercials for Revlon (1989), Pantene Pro-V shampoo (1993), and Breathsavers (1988).
She grew up in a Jewish household.
Emma Samms Facts
- Her ballet lessons came to a halt when she suffered a hip injury and then she shifted her interest to acting.
- She changed her name to “Emma Samms” when she started pursuing a career in acting.
- She became a Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) during the 2016 Birthday Honours for services to seriously and terminally ill children.
- Emma Samms revealed in April 2018 that she has been diagnosed with Bell’s Palsy.
- In March 2020, she was tested positive for COVID-19.
Featured Image by Alan Light / Flickr / CC BY 2.0