|Andre Iguodala Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||January 28, 1984|
Andre Iguodala is an American professional basketball player who is best known for his career with the Golden State Warriors of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He was also a part of the United States national team at the FIBA World Championship in 2010 and during the 2012 Summer Olympics. In the past, Andre has also played for several other teams such as Philadelphia 76ers, Denver Nuggets, and Miami Heat. During the course of his career, he has been the recipient of several honors such as NBA Finals “MVP”, NBA “All-Star”, and many more.
Andre Tyler Iguodala
Springfield, Illinois, United States
Andre attended Lanphier High School in Springfield, Illinois. After he finished Lanphier’s high school program, Iguodala decided to continue his schooling at the University of Arizona. Iggy played for the Arizona Wildcats during his freshman and sophomore years but left his final 2 years of college so he could enter the 2004 NBA Draft.
Professional Basketball Player
- Father – Leonard Shanklin
- Mother – Linda Shanklin
- Siblings – Frank Iguodala (Older Brother) (Played College Basketball)
Iguodala is signed with Rob Pelinka.
Small Forward / Shooting Guard
6 ft 6 in or 198 cm
98 kg or 216 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Andre has dated –
- Christina Gutierrez – Andre Iguodala is married to Christina Gutierrez whom he started dating in his early high-school days. The couple has a daughter named London and a son named Andre Jr.
Race / Ethnicity
Iguodala is of Nigerian descent on his father’s side while he is of African American descent on his mother’s side.
- Very muscular body
- Towering height
Andre has been seen in TV commercials for 2K Sports, NBA, Golden State Warriors, ESPN, etc.
Best Known For
His athletic abilities such as high vertical jump and explosiveness. Andre is also known for his lock down defense and for being the 2015 NBA Finals Most Valuable Player.
First Basketball Match
Iggy played his first official NBA match on November 3, 2004 when as a member of the Philadelphia 76ers, he beat the Boston Celtics by 98-95. Iguodala started the game and played for a total of 20:00 minutes in which he managed to score 8 points, dished one assist and stole one ball.
Andre had his NBA All-Star debut at the 2012 NBA All-Star Game held in Orlando, Florida. He was a part of the Eastern Conference Reserve Team.
- Physical Strength
- Vertical Jump, Explosiveness
- Spot Shooting
- Ball Handling
- Shooting off the dribble
First TV Show
Other than basketball matches itself, Andre has showed up in the TV series Pardon the Interruption (2008) as himself in just one episode.
Iguodala’s vertical jump and overall athletic potential is a result of Andre’s tireless work ethic. There are numerous videos of his strength training which can be found on YouTube.
Andre Iguodala Favorite Things
- Designers – Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Simon Spurr
- Watch Brand – Richard Mille
- Cook Show – Chopped
- NBA Players While Growing Up – Scottie Pippen, Penny Hardaway, Grant Hill
Andre Iguodala Facts
- As a kid, he was a fan of Chicago Bulls and Michael Jordan.
- His father is born Nigerian and his mother is Afro-American.
- While in high school, Chicago’s daily newspaper Chicago Sun-Times selected Andre for the Player of the Year award along with Parade All-American and Nike All-American.
- College coaches started showing interest in Iguodala when he won the AAU national tournament MVP award after in the finals he hit the game winning shot.
- He signed a National Letter of Intent to join Arkansas which he really liked because of their 1-3 system and the big gymnasium where the team practiced. In the end, he switched to Arizona because Arkansas coach Nolan Richardson got fired in 2002.
- Iguodala was his team’s MVP for the 2003-2004 season.
- He was picked as a 9th overall pick by the Philadelphia 76ers in the 2004 NBA Draft.
- In his rookie year, he made it to the All-Rookie First Team and played at the Rookie Challenge of the 2005 NBA All-Star Weekend.
- On August 17, 2008, Andre penned a new six-year contract with the 76ers for a price of 80 million dollars. The deal included 5 million dollars in bonuses.
- On August 10, 2012, Iguodala was part of a trade in which he was given to the Denver Nuggets. The trade also included Los Angeles Lakers, Sixers, and Orlando Magic.
- On July 5, 2013, Iggy signed a four-year contract with the Golden State Warriors worth 48 million dollars.
- He was chosen for the 2014 All-NBA Defensive First Team.
- He won the gold medal at the 2010 FIBA World Championship as a member of the senior national team of the USA.
- Andre is also an avid golfer.
- Iguodala owns a foundation called Andre Iguodala Youth Foundation whose main purpose is to help youths through organizing sports actions such as basketball camps.
- Andre is a fan of video games, especially the NBA 2K series.
- In March 2015, Andre was selected as a new Menswear Style Director of Twice, an online secondhand apparel outlet.
- In June 2019, he published his book, The Sixth Man: A Memoir.
- In the past, he has invested in companies like Facebook, Tesla, and Twitter.