|Amrita Puri Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||August 20, 1983|
Amrita Puri is an Indian actress who has appeared in various hit films and shows including Aisha (2010) and Kai Po Che! (2013). Other than that, Amrita is also known for being the daughter of HDFC‘s managing director Aditya Puri.
Mumbai, Maharastra, India
Mumbai, Maharastra, India
Amrita studied at the Bombay Scottish School. Later, she went on to attend St. Xaviers College, Mumbai.
- Father – Aditya Puri (Managing Director)
- Mother – Anita Puri
- Siblings – Amit Puri (Brother)
She is represented by Janhavi of Exceed Entertainment.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Amrita has dated –
- Santino Morea – Rumor
- Imrun Seth (2017-Present) – She married Mumbai-based hotelier Imrun Seth in November 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
- Dimpled cheeks
- Almond eyes
- Subtle smile
Amrita has appeared in the commercials for various brands including –
- People First
Amrita Puri Favorite Things
- Song From Blood Money – Jo Tere Sang
- Sridevi Film – Chandni (1989), Chaalbaaz (1989)
Source – YouTube
Amrita Puri Facts
- Her father Aditya Puri is a well-established banker who works as the managing director for HDFC.
- She does not belong to a family with a background in acting.
- Her first paycheck was of INR 2500, which was given to her for a play that she acted in.
- Amrita started her career as a theater actress and made her debut as a with Quasar Thakore Padamsee’s English play Retellings View From The Stage.
- Prior to becoming an actress, Amrita worked as a copywriter for a year for the advertising agency Ogilvy. Simultaneously, she also freelanced for a lifestyle magazine.
- Amrita made her debut as Shefali Thakur in the film Aisha in 2010. She was 24 years old at the time.
- Amrita once stated that she was comfortable with working in a film, show, or web series as long as the people and content that she worked with were good.
- She loves acting in comedy films or shows.
- Amrita has worked with various well-known stars over the years including Rajkummar Rao, Kangana Ranaut, Sonam Kapoor, and Abhay Deol.
- Kotex was the first commercial that she appeared in.
- She credits late. actress Sridevi for having a huge influence on her decision to become an actress.
- Her acting credits also include hit films and shows like Four More Shots Please, Mental Hai Kya, Made in Heaven, A Flying Jatt, and Kai po che!.
- In 2010, Amrita won the “Best Breakthrough Performance Award” at the Stardust Awards.
- She admires the work of film director Vishal Mahadkar.
- The first handbag that she bought was from Chloe.
- During her younger years, Amrita was obsessed with the Irish boy band Boyzone. She even considered marrying either one of them.
Featured Image By Bollywood Hungama / CC BY 3.0