Denzel Hayes Washington Jr.
Mount Vernon, New York, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
As a kid, Denzel attended Pennington-Grimes Elementary School in Mount Vernon, New York.
After his parents separated, he attended the Oakland Military Academy in Oakland, New Jersey, and after some time he went to Mainland High School in Daytona Beach in Florida.
When Denzel finished high school, he went to the University of Texas and after that to the University of Fordham, where he got his graduation degree in drama and journalism in 1977.
Actor, movie producer
- Father – Denzel Washington, Sr. (Denzel’s father served as a Pentecostal Minister, worked for the Water Department and at a local department store)
- Mother – Lennis Lynne Washington (Beautician and operator)
- Siblings – Lorice Washington (Sister), David Washington (Brother)
Denzel is signed to William Morris Endeavor Entertainment
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
176 lbs or 80 kg
Girlfriend / Spouse
Denzel Washington dated –
- Sanaa Lathan – There were RUMORs that linked Denzel with an American actress Sanaa Lathan. It was RUMORED that the two had an encounter at a bar in Los Angeles and they finished together in bed.
- Pauletta Washington (1982-Present) – Danzel met Pauletta in 1982 and they started dating in June, the same year. After a year on June 25 1983, the duo got married. They have four children together, two sons and two daughters namely, John David (born April 23, 1983), Katia (born November 27 1987), Malcolm (born April 10 1991) and Olivia (born April 10 1991).
Race / Ethnicity
- Scar above his right eye, on his eyebrow.
- Great smile.
- Very often plays military commanders.
Denzel’s body specifications like chest, arms, and waist information isn’t known.
11 (US) or 10 (UK) or 45 (EU)
Denzel appeared in a TV commercial for Boys/Girls Clubs of America in 1996.
Best Known For
Playing major roles like a Muslim minister and human rights activist in the movie Malcolm X (1992), the boxer Rubin “Hurricane” Carter in the movie The Hurricane (1999), Herman Boone a football coach in the movie Remember the Titans (2000), Frank Lucas a drug kingpin in the movie American Gangster (2007), and the veteran engineer Frank in the movie Unstoppable (2010).
Denzel’s first brush with fame came with the movie Death Wish in 1974, in which he essayed the role of a local street thug.
First TV Show
Denzel started his acting career in 1982 with the TV series St. Elsewhere, in which he played the role of Dr. Philip Chandler.
Denzel trained with famous boxing trainer Terry Claybon for a year, while he was preparing for his role as Rubin “Hurricane” Carter in the movie The Hurricane (1999).
You can find more about his workout for The Hurricane at blackdoctor.org. Also, while he was preparing for the movie The Equalizer, he was working out with the Navy Seals.
Denzel Washington Favorite Things
- Rappers – Eminem, Jay-Z, NAS
- Color – Red
- TV Show – Monk (2002-2009)
- Actors – Chiwetel Ejiofor, Idris Elba
Denzel Washington Facts
- Denzel’s parents separated when he was 14.
- He played basketball as a guard, while he was in college and his coach was P.J. Carlesimo.
- His son Malcolm was named after Malcolm X.
- In 1990, he was named as one of the 50 most Beautiful People in the World by People’s Magazine.
- In 1996, Denzel received the Harvard Foundation Award.
- He has often collaborated with Spike Lee.
- Denzel has worn a military uniform in six movies.
- In 1996, Denzel was chosen as the Sexiest Man Alive by People’s Magazine.
- Denzel is good friends with well-known actress Julia Roberts.
- His mother was a former Gospel singer.
- Every summer, he and his family go on a vacation to Italy.
- In 2006, he donated one million dollars to the Save Africa’s Children foundation.
- Denzel named Angelina Jolie, Dakota Fanning, and Gene Hackman, as the most talented actors he worked with.
- Rita Pearson is his sister-in-law.