|Amrita Arora Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||January 31, 1978|
Amrita Arora is an Indian film actor, model, television presenter, and VJ. She is known for having been cast in movies like Awara Paagal Deewana, Golmaal Returns, Heyy Babyy, Om Shanti Om, Rama Rama Kya Hai Dramaaa, Shart: The Challenge, Kitne Door Kitne Paas, Mujhse Shaadi Karogi, Zameen, Ek Aur Ek Gyarah, Girlfriend, Rakht, Fight Club – Members Only, Red: The Dark Side, Deha, Speed, Raakh, Hello, Heroes, Team – The Force, Kambakkht Ishq, Kuch Toh Hai Tere Mere Darmiyaan, and Ek Tho Chance.
Amrita Arora Ladak, Ammu
Thane, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Amrita Arora attended Swami Vivekanand School in Chembur and completed her secondary education.
Film Actor, Model, TV Presenter, VJ
- Father – Anil Arora (Merchant Navy Officer) (Deceased)
- Mother – Joyce Polycarp (Home Chef)
- Siblings – Malaika Arora (Older Sister) (Actor, Dancer, Model, VJ, Television Personality)
- Others – Arbaaz Khan (Ex Brother-In-Law) (Actor, Director, Film Producer, TV Personality), Arhaan Khan (Nephew), Grace Polycarp (Maternal Aunt) (Principal of a school in Mumbai)
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Amrita Arora has dated –
- Kevin Otter
- Ashmit Patel – She has been linked with actor Ashmit Patel, brother of actor Ameesha Patel.
- Upen Patel – She reportedly had an affair with British-Indian actor and model Upen Patel in the past.
- Usman Afzaal – Amrita was also linked with Usman Afzaal, a Pakistani-born English cricketer.
- Shakeel Ladak (2009-Present) – In the year 2009, she got married to businessperson Shakeel Ladak and their wedding rituals included a Christian wedding on March 4, 2009, followed by Mehendi on March 5, 2009, and a Muslim Nikah ceremony on March 6, 2009. Their wedding was attended by several Bollywood stars including Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif, Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan, Riteish Deshmukh, Farhan Akhtar, Gul Panag, Karisma Kapoor, and Raveena Tandon. Amrita and Shakeel have been blessed with 2 sons – Azaan Ladak (b. February 5, 2010) and Rayaan Ladak (b. October 20, 2012).
Race / Ethnicity
Amrita Arora is of Punjabi descent on her father’s side and has Malayali ancestry on her mother’s side.
Amrita Arora has done endorsement work for brands such as Ponds, Elle 18, and Sunsilk.
Amrita Arora Facts
- She was 6 years old when her parents divorced. Following the divorce, she shifted to Chembur with her mother and older sister.
- Her career started by working as VJ for MTV.
- Amrita Arora made her Bollywood debut as Karishma Patel in the 2002 Hindi romantic drama film Kitne Door Kitne Paas, co-starring alongside Fardeen Khan.
- Alongside the likes of Akshay Kumar, Suniel Shetty, Aftab Shivdasani, Paresh Rawal, and Preeti Jhangiani, she co-starred as Mona Patel, Manilal and Paramjeet’s daughter who is Anmol’s ex-wife, in the 2002 Hindi-language action black comedy film Awara Paagal Deewana, loosely inspired by the 2000 American crime comedy film The Whole Nine Yards.
- Amrita appeared as Esha Santoshi, Gopal’s younger sister, in the 2008 Hindi-language comedy film Golmaal Returns, the 2nd installment in the Golmaal film series.
- She has shared a very close bond with actor Kareena Kapoor. Both of them tested positive for COVID-19 in December 2021 after reportedly attending a dinner at Karan Johar‘s place.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0