|Gul Panag Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||January 3, 1979|
Gul Panag is an Indian actress, voice actress, model as well as a politician who is widely recognized for appearing in Hindi films including Dhoop (2003), Jurm (2005) and Student of the Year 2 (2019), Punjabi movies like Ambarsariya (2016) and television shows such as Kashmeer (2003). She is the recipient of several awards including the Zee Cine Critics Award in 2007 for “Best Actress”, tied with Ayesha Takia for the film Dor (2006).
Gulkirat Kaur Panag
Mahadian Village, Fatehgarh Sahib, Punjab, India
Mulshi, Pune, Maharashtra, India
She began her education in Sangrur in Punjab. Due to her father’s occupation, the family moved to a variety of places in India as well as abroad, and she ended up studying in 14 different schools including Kendriya Vidyalayas in Chandigarh, Mhow, Leh and Tamil Nadu, The Lawrence School, Lovedale and the International School of Lusaka in Zambia. She earned a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics from Punjabi University in Patiala and also acquired a Master’s degree in Political Science from Panjab University in Chandigarh.
Actress, Voice actress, Model, Politician
- Father – Harcharanjit Singh Panag (Army Lieutenant General & Political Activist)
- Siblings – Sherbir Panag (Younger Brother)
- Others – Komal G.B. Singh (Aunt) (Newsreader)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Sikander Kher – She was engaged to actor Sikander Kher.
- Rishi Attari (2001-Present) – She tied the knot with her long-time boyfriend, the airline pilot, Rishi Attari on March 13, 2011, in a Gurdwara in Chandigarh in a conventional Punjabi Sikh wedding. They have a son named Nihal (b. 2018).
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Dimpled smile
- Mole on her left cheek
She has endorsed or promoted several brands such as –
- Tata Sky
- Wills Lifestyle
Gul Panag Favorite Things
- Most Memorable Times From Her Childhood – The ones spent at the Shaheedi Jormela in Fatehgarh Sahib every year
- Interests – Running at the Marathon, Racing having participated at the Mahindra Racing‘s all-new M4Electro at the Circuit de Calafat in Catalonia in Spain
- Hobby – Riding an aircraft
- Passion – Biking, Social activism including participating in movements like India Against Corruption, Being involved with the NGO Colonel Shamsher Singh Foundation that she has run, Health and fitness having co-founded the startup MobieFit in 2017
Gul Panag Facts
- When she was a student, she was greatly interested in sports and public speaking and she won a number of state as well as national-level debate competitions, including gold medals at the Annual National Inter-University Debate competitions.
- Before starting her acting career, she was crowned Miss India 1999 and she also competed in that year’s Miss Universe pageant.
- Gul was the Aam Aadmi Party candidate from Chandigarh for the Indian general elections in 2014.
- She is a trained pilot.
Featured Image by Gul Panag / Instagram