|Charlie Day Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||February 9, 1976|
|Spouse||Mary Elizabeth Ellis|
Charlie Day is an American actor, screenwriter, producer, director, and musician who is best known for portraying the character of Charlie Kelly in the long-running sitcom It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia. He is also widely recognized for his roles in films such as Horrible Bosses (2011), Pacific Rim (2013), and The Lego Movie (2014). He has served as the writer and executive producer for It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia and was the executive producer for the sitcom The Cool Kids (2018-2019).
Charles Peckham Day
Charlie, Night Crawler Jack, Green Man
The Bronx, New York City, New York, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Charlie had first attended the Pennfield School and then graduated from the Portsmouth Abbey School, both institutions located in Portsmouth, Rhode Island. He then joined the Merrimack College in North Andover, Massachusetts, from where he majored in art history and graduated in 1998.
Actor, Screenwriter, Producer, Director, Musician
- Father – Thomas Charles Day (Retired Professor of Music History)
- Mother – Mary Day (née Peckham) (Former Piano Teacher)
- Siblings – Alice Day (Older Sister)
- Others – Steve Ellis (Father-in-Law), Judy Ellis (Mother-in-Law)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Charlie has dated –
- Mary Elizabeth Ellis (2004–Present) – Charlie had first met American actress and writer Mary Elizabeth Ellis in 2001 and they began dating in 2004 when they co-starred in an episode of the comedy TV series Reno 911!. The couple got married on March 4, 2006. They have a son together named Russell Wallace Day (b. December 2011).
- Jenny Milkowski (2017) – Rumor
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Irish and Italian descent on his father’s side and English, Irish, French, Scottish, and Welsh descent on his mother’s side.
- Short stature
- High-pitched voice
- Short-cropped, spiked hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a beard
He has been featured in a TV commercial for Tide.
Charlie Day Facts
- He was born in The Bronx but was primarily raised in Middletown, Rhode Island, as his family had relocated there. His family’s surname was originally Del Giorno. It was changed to Day before the birth of his father.
- Born to music teachers, he learned to play the violin at the age of 3. He is also adept at playing the piano, accordion, trombone, guitar, and harmonica. He has even written some of the music that has been featured in the sitcom It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
- In May 2014, he was awarded an honorary Ph.D. by his alma mater Merrimack College. He was the only member of his family (father, mother, sister) not to have a doctorate until then.
- While he was a student there in the late 1990s, he was an active member of the college’s student theater organization, Onstagers; and had shared a room with Jimmi Simpson who would also go on to act in the sitcom It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
- After his college graduation, he used to wait tables to earn his livelihood and had even answered phones at a telethon. He earned his break with cameo roles and voiceovers for the Independent Film Channel.
Featured Image by Charlie Day / Instagram