|Kunal Khemu Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6½ in|
|Date of Birth||May 25, 1983|
|Spouse||Soha Ali Khan|
Kunal Khemu (also spelled as Kunal Kemmu) is an Indian actor known for appearing in popular films like Go Goa Gone, Golmaal 3, Golmaal Again, and Traffic Signal. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 500k followers on Instagram, more than 300k followers on Twitter, and more than 400k followers on Facebook.
Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir, India
Khemu lives with his wife Soha Ali Khan in a flat in the posh Sunder Villa near Linking Road, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. The flat that occupies the top floor of the nine-floor building was gifted to Khemu and his wife by Soha’s mother, Sharmila Tagore.
Kunal Khemu went to the Niranjanlal Dalmia High School in Mumbai. After the completion of his school education, he got enrolled at the Narsee Monjee College of Commerce. He has also studied at Amity University, Noida.
- Father – Ravi Khemu (Actor)
- Mother – Jyoti Khemu (Actress)
- Siblings – He has a sister.
- Others – Moti Lal Kemmu (Paternal Grandfather) (Playwright and recipient of Padma Shri), Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi (Father-in-law) (Former Cricketer), Sharmila Tagore (Mother-in-law) (Actress), Saif Ali Khan (Brother-in-law) (Actor), Kareena Kapoor (Sister-in-law) (Actress)
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kunal Khemu has dated –
- Soha Ali Khan (2009-Present) – Kunal Khemu started dating actress Soha Ali Khan in 2009. However, despite widespread speculation, they didn’t confirm their relationship till 2010. It was reported that they had grown fond of each other while working on the movies, Dhoondte Reh Jaaoge and 99. In July 2014, they got engaged and decided to get married in January 2015 in a very private ceremony, which was attended only by their family members. On September 29, 2017, she gave birth to their daughter, Inaaya Naumi Kemmu.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Kashmiri Pandit ancestry.
- Good looks
Best Known For
- Having appeared as a child artist in popular movies such as Zakhm, Raja Hindustani, Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke, Bhai, and Dushman.
- Being cast in important roles in various commercially hit movies such as Go Goa Gone, Golmaal 3, Golmaal Again, and Traffic Signal.
In 1993, he made his theatrical film debut in a minor role in the drama movie, Sir, which had Naseeruddin Shah and Pooja Bhatt in the leading roles. However, his appearance in the movie wasn’t credited.
He made his credited debut in the 1993 film, Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke.
First TV Show
In 1987, Kunal Khemu made his first TV show appearance in the family drama TV series, Gul Gulshan Gulfaam, which was based on the life of a Kashmiri family.
Kunal Khemu is very consistent with his efforts in the gym. However, he doesn’t have a fix workout regime in place as he believes that as an actor, it is very important to be flexible and plan gym routine as per the demands of the movie roles.
When he is not working out with any role in mind, he usually hits the gym 3 to 4 times a week. His workout session usually lasts for an hour and the focus mostly is on weight training.
He doesn’t have any diet plan in place. In fact, he just eats whatever he fancies and relies on his good metabolism to take care of it. However, he doesn’t have much of a sweet tooth.
Kunal Khemu Favorite Things
- Ideal Male Celeb Body – Salman Khan, Suniel Shetty
- Ideal Female Celeb Body – Shilpa Shetty, Bipasha Basu
- Movie – Rang De Basanti
- Food – Rogan Josh
Kunal Khemu Facts
- He got his first big breakthrough as an adult actor with his work in Madhur Bhandarkar’s drama movie, Traffic Signal.
- In 2014, he was caught up in a controversy after he got Lord Shiva tattooed on his leg. He defended himself from the social media criticism by insisting that he wasn’t disrespecting God and was merely showing his devotion.
- Kunal decided to take a break from acting in 1998. He returned to acting in 2005 with the movie Kalyug, which served as his debut in a lead role.
- In June 2021, Kunal received the first dose of the coronavirus vaccine.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / www.bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY-3.0