|David Caruso Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||January 7, 1956|
David Caruso is a talented American actor, producer, and entrepreneur. He is known for his roles in CSI: Miami, NYPD Blue, CSI: NY, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Kiss of Death, Proof of Life, Getting Wasted, Without Warning, An Officer and a Gentleman, Twins, and Michael Hayes. He is the co-founder of LexiconDigital.tv and DavidCarusoTelevision.tv; and a co-owner of a clothing store called Steam on Sunset in South Miami. David graduated from Archbishop Molloy High School in 1974 and had no formal training in acting.
David Stephen Caruso
Forest Hills, Queens, New York, United States
- Miami Beach, Florida, United States
- Sherman Oaks, California, United States
David Caruso studied at the Our Lady Queen of Martyrs Catholic School in Forest Hills. Later, he joined Archbishop Molloy High School in nearby Briarwood and graduated in 1974.
Actor, Producer, Entrepreneur
- Father – Charles Caruso (Magazine and Newspaper Editor)
- Mother – Joan Caruso (Librarian)
- Siblings – Joyce Caruso (Younger Sister) (Producer for Fox News in New York)
David Caruso is managed by Untitled Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
6 ft or 183 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
David Caruso has dated –
- Cheri Maugans – In the late 1970s, David started dating actress Cheri Maugans. The couple tied the knot on March 30, 1979. They finalized their divorce on February 21, 1984.
- Rachel Ticotin (1983-1987) – In 1983, David started dating actress Rachel Ticotin. The couple got married the following year in 1984. They have a daughter together named Greta Caruso (b. June 1, 1984). However, things did not work out between them, and they divorced in 1987.
- Paris Papiro (1988-1994) – In 1988, David started dating ex-masseuse Paris Papiro. The couple lived together. Unfortunately, they had a messy separation when Paris sued David for $8 million in palimony in 1994 which got settled for an undisclosed sum.
- Margaret Buckley – In the mid-1990s, David began dating former flight attendant Margaret Buckley. The couple got married on May 4, 1996. The pair separated in 2004 and finalized their divorce on January 17, 2007.
- Liza Marquez (2004-2007) – In 2004, David started dating former travel coordinator for CSI: Miami, Liza Marquez. They have a son named Marquez Anthony (b. September 15, 2005) and a daughter named Paloma Raquel (b. October 16, 2007). The pair separated in 2007. In April 2009, Liza filed lawsuit charges against Caruso for fraud, breach of their contract/settlement agreement, and emotional distress.
- Amina Tyrone – In 2008, David started dating a much younger woman named Amina Tyrone. They were seen vacationing together on a beach.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Italian and Irish ancestry.
- Tall height
- Dimpled Smile
David Caruso has either endorsed or appeared in commercials for brands like –
- Maxwell House coffee (1976)
- Bubble-Up soda (1980)
He was raised as a Roman Catholic.
Best Known For
His roles in numerous TV series and films like NYPD Blue (1993-1994) as Detective John Kelly, CSI: Miami (2002-2012) as Lieutenant Horatio Caine, An Officer and a Gentleman (1982) as Topper Daniels, First Blood (1982) as Mitch, Twins (1988) as Al Greco, Kiss of Death (1995) as Jimmy Kilmartin, and Proof of Life (2000) as Dino
In 1980, he made his theatrical film debut in Without Warning as Tom.
First TV Show
In 1976, he made his first TV show appearance on the romantic-drama series Ryan’s Hope as Bellboy. However, he was uncredited for his role.
In 1981, he made his formal TV show debut in the Presidential Fever episode of the drama series Hill Street Blues as Tommy Mann/Shamrock.
In 1994, he lent his voice for the sports documentary mini-series Baseball.
David Caruso Facts
- At the age of 2, his father left them.
- In his early youth days, he worked as a cinema usher and saw almost 80 movies a week.
- Some of his role model actors are Humphrey Bogart, James Cagney, and Edward G. Robinson.
- He started his career working in theaters in New York, before moving to Los Angeles looking for a steadier career in acting.
- In 1978, he moved to Los Angeles, California with a US$1,000 in his pocket.
- David co-founded the DavidCarusoTelevision.tv and LexiconDigital.tv.
- He is also the co-owner of a clothing store called Steam on Sunset in South Miami.
- He was once the co-owner of now-defunct upscale clothing and home furnishings store called Steam, in South Miami, Florida.
- In 1976, he was given the role of Archie Andrews, a character based on the “Archie” comic strip but was soon replaced by Dennis Bowen before the shooting.
- He quit NYPD Blue to become a movie actor, but he was unsuccessful in movies and after that, joined the cast of CSI: Miami in 2002 that gave him the required recognition.
- The adult animated series South Park once used David’s then unsuccessful run as an actor after leaving NYPD Blue as an example in one of their series entitled “Cartman Gets an Anal Probe”, where Kyle says “Quick, Ike, do your impersonation of David Caruso’s career” as he urges his younger brother, Ike, to jump from the open cargo-bay door of a hovering alien spaceship.
- One of his previous jobs was at a police department, where he worked as standing in lineups for $25.
- He is not related to the famous opera singer Enrico Caruso (1873-1921).
- Though he is right-handed, he is dominant by his left eye feature, which became evident during the shooting scene in CSI: Miami.
- He has appeared in the role of Lt. Horatio Caine on numerous series including CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (2002), CSI: Miami (2002-2012) and CSI: NY (2005).
- He has worked as a producer for Rehab (2011), and as an executive producer for the documentary ‘7th on Sixth’: Inside Fashion Week (1999) and TV series Michael Hayes (1997).
- Follow him on Twitter.
Featured Image by Lt. Cmdr. Jeff Loftus / cgvi.uscg.mil / Public Domain