|Khylin Rhambo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in|
|Date of Birth||January 8, 1996|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Khylin Rhambo is an American actor who is best known for playing the role of Charles Johnson in the television sitcom The First Family as well as for appearing as Mason Hewitt in the supernatural teen drama series Teen Wolf. In addition to that, the actor has also been cast in a variety of other projects which include shows and movies such as 47 Meters Down: Uncaged, Teen Wolf: The Movie, Criminal Minds, Just Say When, Ender’s Game, Reed Between the Lines, Blow’n Up, Flower Boy, and Ironside.
Khylin Trejon Rhambo
California, United States
- Siblings – Faith Rhambo (Sister)
- Others – JoAnna Rhambo (Cousin) (Actress, Producer, and Writer)
Khylin Rhambo has been represented by Amsel, Eisenstadt & Frazier & Hinojosa Talent Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 7½ in or 171 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
As he has played a gay character in the supernatural TV series Teen Wolf, there were rumors claiming that Khylin was gay as well. However, he has asserted in interviews that he is straight.
Khylin started his acting career at a fairly young age by bagging stints in promotional campaigns for products such as –
- Lee Jeans
- Mattel Toys
He was also booked for commercials for various regional brands.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Charles Johnson in the American sitcom, The First Family
- Having played the role of Mason Hewitt in the teen drama and supernatural TV series, Teen Wolf
In 2013, Khylin made his first film appearance in an important role in the military sci-fi movie, Ender’s Game.
First TV Show
In 2011, Rhambo made his TV show debut in the Let’s Talk About Jealousy episode of the family sitcom, Reed Between the Lines.
Khylin Rhambo Favorite Things
- Superhero Movies – All X-Men movies
- Superhero – Nightcrawler
- Movies – Donnie Darko (2001), The Matrix (1999)
- TV Shows – Better Call Saul, Marvel’s Daredevil, Hannibal (2013-2015), Adventure Time, and Regular Show
Source – Talk Nerdy With Us Interview, My Fanbase
Khylin Rhambo Facts
- Khylin became interested in acting at the age of 8 and soon after was enrolled in acting classes.
- He was noticed by several agents while attending some of his acting classes, which helped him bag regional commercials.
- Khylin aspires to become a writer in the future and has revealed in his interviews that he hopes to write his own script in the future.
- In November 2011, he was cast as Damon Weeks in an episode titled There’s No Place Like Home of the CBS police procedural crime drama series Criminal Minds.
- He appeared as Boy #1 in an episode titled Minor Infractions of the NBC police drama series Ironside in 2013.
- When he was first invited in for the auditions by the producers of Teen Wolf, he wasn’t specifically told about the role of Mason.
- Even Khylin Rhambo didn’t know his character in Teen Wolf would turn out to be a beast. He was told later by executive producer Jeff Davis that his character would transition to one of the villains in the show.
- He joined the cast of Teen Wolf by the start of the 4th season and by the last season (6th) rolled in, his character had evolved into one of the most important characters.
- Khylin Rhambo has got Wadjet eye (Egyptian symbol) tattooed on the right side of his torso.
- He brought to life the character of Carl (one of Grant’s assistants) in the 2019 survival horror film 47 Meters Down: Uncaged, a sequel to 47 Meters Down (2017). Khylin co-starred in the film along with Sophie Nélisse, Corinne Foxx, Brianne Tju, Sistine Rose Stallone, Davi Santos, Brec Bassinger, Nia Long, and John Corbett.