Nia Talita Long
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Nia Long has studied at St. Mary’s Academy in Inglewood, California.
The actress has attended Paseo Del Rey Elementary School in Playa Del Rey in California from Grade 3 to Grade 6.
In 1989, Nia completed her graduation from Westchester High School in Los Angeles.
Apart from academics, she also took lessons in ballet, tap, jazz, gymnastics, guitar, and acting.
- Father – Doughtry Long (High School Teacher and Poet)
- Mother – Talita Gillman (Teacher and Printmaker)
- Siblings – Sommore (Older Half-Sister)
- Others – Vitalis Udoka (Father-in-law), Mfon Udoka (Sister-in-law)
She is signed with Resolution Talent Agency.
5 ft 2 in or 157 cm
57 kg or 126 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Nia Long has dated –
- Chris Tucker – Nia and actor, Chris Tucker were seeing each other for some time in the past.
- Alfonso Ribeiro – The actress was RUMORed to be dating actor Alfonso Ribeiro.
- 50 Cent – Nia Long had a brief encounter with rapper 50 Cent.
- Peter Thomas – The actress dated businessman Peter Thomas for a brief period.
- Kendu Isaacs (1992) – She had an encounter with music producer Kendu Isaacs in 1992.
- Chris Webber (1993-1995) – Nia was in a relationship with basketball player Chris Webber from 1993 to 1995.
- Will Smith (1995) – Nia dated actor Will Smith for about 10 months in 1995 after they appeared together onscreen on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
- Massai Z. Dorsey (1999-2001) – Nia was in a relationship with actor Massai Dorsey. They got engaged in 2001 but their relationship did not last long and they separated after 10 months of the engagement. The two have a son together named, Massai Zhivago Dorsey II who was born on November 26, 2000.
- Mick Jagger (2004) – Nia then had a brief encounter with British musician Mick Jagger in 2004.
- Kevin Phillips (2006) – She was in a brief relationship with actor Kevin Phillips in 2006.
- Dwight Freeney (2006) – Nia was dating American football player Dwight Freeney for some time in 2006.
- Cuttino Mobley (2007) – She was also hooked with American football player Cuttino Mobley in 2007.
- Joel Gonzales (2008) – Nia Long and actor Joel Gonzales had a brief encounter in 2008.
- Ime Udoka (2009-Present) – Nia Long first met American-Nigerian basketball player Ime Udoka in 2009 and the two began seeing each other soon after that. In May 2015, the couple got engaged. On November 7, 2011, they were blessed with a son named Kez Sunday Udoka.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Trinidadian, Grenadian, and Bajan descent.
- Charismatic smile
- Down-to-earth demeanor
- Charming personality
38-28-38 in or 96.5-71-96.5 cm
10 (US) or 40 (EU)
7 (US) or 37.5 (EU)
In 2014, Nia became the first black woman to become the face of Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds Fragrance.
She has also appeared in a Target commercial.
Best Known For
- Movies including Boyz n the Hood (1991), The Best Man (1999), and Big Momma’s House (2000).
- Among her notable television series are The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (Season 5, 1995) and Third Watch (Season 5-6, 2004-2005).
She first appeared in Buried Alive for her role as Fingers in 1990.
First TV Show
Nia made her television show debut in 1986 in a minor role in NBC sitcom 227. Her role was uncredited.
Her first credited television show role was in Guiding Light in 1991.
Nia Long’s has taken personal training from Jeanette Jenkins.
Nia Long Favorite Things
- Food – Peanut butter and jelly on whole wheat bread
- Shoe Designer – Jimmy Choo, Gianvito Rossi
- Cosmetic Brand – Chantecaille
Source – Access Hollywood, Glamour
Nia Long Facts
- Nia’s parents separated when she was only 2.
- Her acting coach is Betty Bridges, mother of actor Todd Bridges.
- Nia made her debut as a director with This Too Shall Pass music video of Yolanda Adams.
- Nia Long is also a motivational speaker. She puts her speaking art to practice at the Sterling Children’s Home in Barbados.
- In 2000, Nia was voted among the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World by People Magazine.
- She was No. 3 on The 10 Sexiest Women of the Year by Black Men Magazine in 2000.
- Nia was a co-director for Ashanti‘s Baby music video in 2002.
- In 2006, she made an appearance in Kanye West‘s music video titled Touch the Sky.
- She is good friends with F. Gary Gray.
- Nia Long has been a long-time supporter of the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.
- Follow her on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Google+.