|Evan Mock Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||April 8, 1997|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Evan Mock is an American skateboarder, surfer, model, and photographer who has gained a loyal fan following on the global skate and surf culture. He grew up in Hawaii surrounded by surfers, skaters, and artists who often visit the place and was heavily influenced by his many encounters with them. His love for photography came organically as he had this desire to film famous people who were often spotted at the beaches in Hawaii. He also had been surfing on the beaches of Hawaii from an early age and started to develop a passion for skateboarding around the age of 12. As his surfing and skateboarding career progressed, he started getting sponsorships from companies like Hurley and Converse. In his teenage years, he was also signed for a modeling contract by IMG Models.
He gained a lot of traction on Instagram after singer Frank Ocean posted a video of him. Evan had recently shaved his head and dyed his close-cropped hair neon pink. Evan’s friend, artist Tom Sachs, amused by his hair, jokingly asked him to wave hello to someone named Frank. Evan obliged and Tom then recorded this along with a clip of Evan’s skateboarding skills. It was just meant to be a fun thing between friends but Tom sent the video to Frank Ocean. The singer shared this video on his Instagram page and it went viral. Evan was already a rising star in the skateboarding world and his photography was attracting attention but the viral video gave him a shot in the arm. Overnight, Evan had more than 30k new followers on Instagram. Since then, he has received a lot of new work; including some editorial assignments for luxury goods company Dior. Evan often mentions in his interviews that he has spent his entire life studying the concept of personal branding. He wants to build a singular brand around his name that encompasses everything that he loves to do: surfing, skateboarding, modeling, and photography. Evan has a big following on Instagram with more than 200k followers.
Haleiwa, Oahu North Shore, Hawaii, United States
Costa Mesa, Orange County, California, United States
Evan has stated in an interview that he has been homeschooled. He had taken a serious interest in surfing at an early age and formal schooling took a backseat due to that.
Skateboarder, Model, Photographer
- Father – Steve Mock (Artist, Surfboard Fin Designer)
- Siblings – Alana Spencer (Sister) (Photographer)
He is represented by –
- Kendall Werts, Manager, The Jeffries Group LLC, New York, United States
- Jamie Skinner, Publicist, BWR Public Relations, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, California, United States
He can also be contacted via the modeling agency, IMG Models, New York, United States.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is half-Filipino.
He often tends to dye his hair ‘pink’.
- Tattoos on his right arm, both thighs, and right shoulder
- Often sports a military cut hairstyle with hair dyed pink
- Chiseled Cheekbones
- Rhinestone-studded teeth
9 (UK) or 10 (US) or 43 (EU)
Evan has endorsed brands such as –
- Kicker Audio
- Filtrate Eyewear
- in4mation Skateshop
- Stance Socks
- Byrd Hair
- Welcome Skateboards
Best Known For
His death-defying stunts and fearless skateboarding. Evan is renowned for skateboarding without wearing a helmet or any pads, which is a rare sight in modern adventure sports.
Evan’s daredevilry with the skateboard means that there is very little margin for error when he performs. He has stated that to maintain the mental strength and confidence required for this, he trains hard and focuses on dietary control. His training regimen includes running, swimming, surfing, and free diving.
Skateboarding tricks and stunts require speed and consequently, strength in the legs. For this, Evan does explosive ‘to-and-fro sprints’ in soft sand at the beach, which help in strengthening his quads and calves. For legs, he prefers this method over working out in the gym. This exercise is known as ‘suicide sprinting’ and is popular with footballers.
As for his diet, Evan relies on his homemade protein meal. It is a collection of elements that are blended in a mixer: a banana, coconut water, protein powder, linseed, almond mix, honey, and spinach. He then pours this mix into a bowl full of granola, which helps to balance the protein with good fats and carbohydrates.
Evan Mock Favorite Things
- Place – North Shore, Oahu (Hawaii)
- Skater – Raven Tershy
- Surfer – Kalani David
- Surfing Destinations – Hawaii, Australia, Bali
- Beverage – Smoothie
- Sports Mascot – Hank T. Dog (mascot of the Milwaukee Brewers Baseball Team)
- Modes Of Relaxation – Sauna, Ice Bath
- Style Of Food – Barbecued, Grilled
- Movies – American Honey (2016), Blade Runner 2049 (2017), The Disaster Artist (2017)
- Song – Purple Haze by Jimi Hendrix
Source – WastedTalentMag.com, WhatYouth.com, MonsterChildren.com, FiltrateEyewear.com
Evan Mock Facts
- Evan’s first professional skateboard was a Tony Hawk Complete.
- Evan learned to surf before he could properly swim.
- He used to have a job related to ‘shark diving’, where he would guide tourists.
- Evan has a clothing line called Sorry in Advance, which sells hats, t-shirts, and hoodies online.
- Evan is not sure why singer Frank Ocean shared his skateboarding video on Instagram. His best guess is that perhaps Frank was impressed or amused by his bright pink hair. Frank, himself, is known to have experimented with his hair; sporting colors like ice blue, acid green, and blush pink.
- Evan had a serious accident when he was 12 years old. He was jumping off the rock at Waimea falls in Hawaii but fell straight on his neck. Fortunately, he fell on sand which cushioned the impact and he survived.
Featured Image by Evan Mock / Instagram