|Shemar Moore Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||April 20, 1970|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Shemar Moore is an American actor, former fashion model, producer, and voiceover artist who is known for playing Malcolm Winters in the CBS soap opera The Young and the Restless, Derek Morgan in the CBS police procedural crime drama Criminal Minds, Sergeant Daniel “Hondo” Harrelson in the CBS action crime drama S.W.A.T., Orlando in the romantic comedy-drama film Diary of a Mad Black Woman, and Jesse Reese in The WB action science-fiction drama Birds of Prey.
Shemar Franklin Moore
Oakland, California, United States
Shemar Moore started his primary education at a British Private School in Bahrain, where he remained until the age of 7. He later joined the Gunn High School in Palo Alto, California.
After graduating from high school, he started going to the Santa Clara University in California and graduated with a major in communication and a minor in theater arts.
Actor, Former Fashion Model, Producer, Voiceover Artist
- Father – Sherrod Moore
- Mother – Marilyn Wilson (Business Consultant, Has worked as a teacher in Bahrain and Denmark)
- Siblings – Romeo Moore (Brother), Shenon Moore (Brother), Sheburra Moore (Sister), Kosheno Moore (Sister)
- Others – Herbert Joseph Wilson (Maternal Grandfather), Marie Leona Falardeau (Maternal Grandmother), Stephen Wilson (Aunt) (High School Teacher)
Shemar Moore has been represented by –
- Innovative Artists L.A. group
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
As a model, he was signed with DNA Model Management – New York.
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
88.5 kg or 195 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Shemar Moore has dated –
- Vivica A. Fox – Shemar Moore and actress Vivica A. Fox were an item in the past.
- Sanaa Lathan (1989-1996) – Shemar got engaged to actress Sanaa Lathan in September 1989 after dating for a brief period. They got married in a small ceremony held in May 1990. However, their marriage didn’t last long and about half a decade later, they formally finalized their divorce.
- Bobbie Phillips (1993-1994) – Even before he had legally divorced from Sanaa Lathan, Shemar Moore had started a short-lived extramarital affair with actress Bobbie Phillips.
- Toni Braxton (1994-1995) – Moore started dating singer Toni Braxton after she had asked his agent for a model for her music video, which was shot in Miami. They dated for about a year and Shemar would later recall his relationship with the singer as a wild ride.
- Lela Rochon (1996) – He had a short-termed romance with actress Lela Rochon from May 1996 to June 1996.
- Halle Berry (1997-1998) – Actress Halle Berry got over her failed marriage with David Justice by hooking up with Shemar. Also, due to her fresh divorce, they had to keep their relationship fairly low profile. Shemar was really smitten with Halle and later claimed that she made him stronger as a man and the relationship was a necessary experience.
- Nia Long (1998) – Actress Nia Long and Moore were romantically involved in February 1998.
- Sharlene Royer (2000) – In the year 2000, he dated Canadian actress and stunt performer Sharlene Royer.
- Ashley Scott (2002-2003) – Shemar started going out with actress Ashley Scott in October 2002 and dated her for about a year.
- Kimberly Elise (2004-2005) – Moore’s next relationship was with actress Kimberly Elise, with whom he started going out in July 2004.
- Gabrielle Richens (2006) – Moore debuted his new relationship with British model Gabrielle Richens in January 2006 by walking the red carpet at the People’s Choice Awards with his new lady love. However, their affair didn’t even stretch beyond a month.
- Victoria Rowell (2006) – A month after making a public appearance with Richens, Moore stepped out with another beauty and the occasion was NAACP Awards held on February 25, 2006, in Los Angeles.
- Lauriane Gilliéron (2007) – Moore started dating Swiss actress Lauriane Gilliéron after meeting the former Miss Switzerland at the Independent Television Gala in July 2007. This relationship was much talked about in the tabloids as Moore had an uncanny resemblance to Lauriane’s ex-boyfriend Michael N’Goy, from whom she had separated in May 2007.
- Lauren Wood (2014) – He went out with Instagram star Lauren Wood in 2014.
- Shawna Gordon (2014-2015) – He began dating footballer Shawna Gordon in 2014 but the duo later parted ways the following year.
- Anabelle Acosta (2018) – Actress Anabelle Acosta and Moore dated for a short while in 2018. During a walk-and-talk interview with TMZ in January 2018, Shemar spoke about how he fell head over heels for the Cuban-American actress as soon as he saw her at an event. So much so that as soon as he got back, he asked his crew to get him her email address on the condition that whom-so-ever brought it to him first would get a paid trip to Las Vegas, Nevada. Eventually, he did get her email address. What he wrote in that email is not known to the public. However, it did get Anabelle’s attention as the duo were seen snuggling up to one another on more than one occasion that year.
- Jesiree Dizon – In January 2023, Shemar announced that he and model Jesiree Dizon were expecting their first child together, a baby girl. Later that month, the couple welcomed their daughter. Jesiree also has a son from a prior relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Black)
Shemar is of Irish and French-Canadian descent on his mother’s side while has African American ancestry on the father’s side.
- Muscular and chiseled physique
- Short trimmed hair
- Minimal stubble
He is speculated to be wearing a shoe of size 12 (US).
In 2003, Shemar was cast in the TV advertisement for Old Navy and Trojan Lubricants.
Shemar Moore is spiritual but not religious.
Best Known For
- Playing Malcolm Winters in the American soap opera The Young and the Restless
- Portraying Derek Morgan on CBS’s TV series Criminal Minds
Moore made his film debut in 1997 with the independent film Hav Plenty for his role as Chris.
First TV Show
Shemar made his first TV show appearance in 1995 with Fox sitcom Living Single in the role of Jon Marc.
Shemar is arguably one of the most chiseled actors in the show business. To ensure that his body remains lean and ripped, Shemar prefers to start his day with an intense workout. Depending on his work schedule, these workouts are either done at his home gym or at the shooting studios.
While his weekday workouts are mostly focused on strength training, he likes to utilize weekends for outdoor cardio activities. Every Sunday, he heads out with his bike for a 70-mile ride out. He also likes to go out for stair climbing exercises as well.
When it comes to diet, he focuses on clean eating and makes sure that his body gets the necessary protein to reap the benefits of his intense workout regime. However, he allows himself to indulge once in a while.
Shemar Moore Favorite Things
- Criminal Minds Episode – Profiler Profiled (Season 2 Episode 12)
- Food – Indian, Mexican, Chinese, Italian, Soul food
- Song – Started from the Bottom by Drake
- TV Show – America’s Funniest Home Videos
- Singers – Drake, Future, Imagine Dragons, Kat Dahlia, Hozier
- Guilty Food – Homemade chocolate chip cookies, Ben & Jerry’s ice cream
- Pizza Toppings – BBQ Chicken or pepperoni, mushrooms, and sausage
- Emoji – Peace and wink with a tongue out
Source – Reddit.com, Buzzfeed.com
Shemar Moore Facts
- Shemar’s name has been formulated from “She” (from father) and “Mar” (from mother).
- From the age of six months to three years old, Shemar lived in Denmark and then, he relocated with his mother to Bahrain, where he lived until the age of 7.
- During his college days, he used to do minor modeling assignments for financial assistance.
- Shemar was featured on the cover of Men’s Fitness magazine’s March 2009 issue.
- The first language he learned was Dutch.
- During his high school days, he wasn’t good in academics but was a good baseball player.
- Due to his biracial ethnicity, he was often bullied in his school days.
- For his role in The Young and the Restless, he received many accolades including the Image Awards for “Outstanding Actor in a Daytime Drama Series” and Daytime Emmy Award for “Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series”.
- He decided to leave Criminal Minds in 2016 as he wanted to step out of his comfort zone and grow as an actor.
- Keith Tisdale, who made a guest appearance in Criminal Minds, stole around $ 60,000 from Shemar Moore.
- On December 24, 2020, Shemar revealed that he was tested positive for coronavirus.
- In January 2023, during an interview, Shemar revealed that he once tried to ask Alicia Keys out on a date. However, he was rejected.