|Ime Udoka Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||August 9, 1977|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Ime Udoka is an American-Nigerian professional basketball coach and former professional basketball player who had represented the Los Angeles Lakers (2004), the New York Knicks (2006), the Portland Trail Blazers (2006–2007), the San Antonio Spurs (2007–2009, 2010–2011), and the Sacramento Kings (2009–2010) in the NBA (National Basketball Association). Outside the United States, he had turned out for Club Sportivo Independiente (2001) in Argentina, CB Gran Canaria (2004) in Spain, JA Vichy (2005) in France, and UCAM Murcia (2012) in Spain. Post-retirement, he served as the assistant coach of the NBA teams San Antonio Spurs (2012–2019), Philadelphia 76ers (2019–2020), and Brooklyn Nets (2020–2021). In 2014, he won the NBA championship as the assistant coach of the San Antonio Spurs. In 2021, he was appointed the head coach of the Boston Celtics.
Ime Sunday Udoka
Portland, Oregon, United States
He holds dual nationality.
Ime had attended Jefferson High School, a public school in his hometown of Portland. After his high school graduation, in 1995, he joined Utah State University Eastern (USU Eastern), a public regional college in Price, Utah.
In 1997, he had taken a transfer to the University of San Francisco (USF), a private Jesuit university in San Francisco, California. There, between 1997 and 1998, he represented the San Francisco Dons men’s basketball team.
In 1999, he took another transfer to the Portland State University (PSU), a public research university in Portland, Oregon. There, until 2000, he represented the Portland State Vikings men’s basketball team.
Professional Basketball Coach, Professional Basketball Player (Retired)
- Father – Vitalis Udoka (d. 2006)
- Mother – Agnes Udoka (d. 2011)
- Siblings – Mfon Udoka (Older Sister) (Professional Basketball Coach, Professional Basketball Player (Retired)), James Udoka (Brother)
- 5 – Los Angeles Lakers, Portland Trail Blazers, San Antonio Spurs
- 8 – New York Knicks
- 3 – Sacramento Kings
Ime Udoka’s net worth had been $6 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 5 in or 195.5 cm
101 kg or 222.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ime has dated –
- Nia Long (2009-2022) – Ime began dating American actress Nia Long in 2009. They have a son together named Kez Sunday Udoka (b. November 2011). The couple got engaged in May 2015. In December 2022, it was revealed that the couple had separated and had ended their 13-year relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and White)
He is of Nigerian descent on his father’s side and American descent on his mother’s side.
- Toned physique
- Close-cropped hair
- Towering frame
- Sports a thick beard
Ime Udoka Facts
- Although Ime was born and raised in the United States, his father’s Nigerian heritage also qualified him for Nigerian citizenship. Utilizing this opportunity, he chose to represent Nigeria at the international level in basketball.
- For the country, he won the ‘Bronze’ medal at the 2005 Algeria AfroBasket (a men’s basketball continental championship in Africa, contested every 4 years) as well as the 2011 Madagascar AfroBasket.
- At the 2006 FIBA (Fédération Internationale de Basketball) World Championships, Ime led Nigeria in scoring, assists, and steals.
- In June 2021, he became just the 5th head coach of African origin in the history of the Boston Celtics.
- In the 2021-22 NBA season, he led them to a 51–31 win-loss record, finishing as the 2nd seed in the Eastern Conference. The Boston Celtics went on to win the Eastern Conference title and also made their first NBA Finals appearance since 2010.
Featured Image by Ime Udoka / Instagram