|Michelle Phan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 0½ in|
|Date of Birth||April 11, 1987|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Michelle Phan is an American makeup artist, entrepreneur, and voice actor who has gained acclaim as a YouTuber. Also, she is the founder and owner of the multimillion-dollar cosmetics line EM Cosmetics. She was named to the Inc. 30 under 30 and Forbes 30 under 30 lists in 2015.
Phan Tuyết Băng
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Michelle was educated at Tampa Bay Technical High School in Florida.
Further, she attended Ringling College of Art and Design. She received an Honorary Doctorate of Arts degree in March 2014 from Ringling.
Entrepreneur, YouTube Video Blogger, Makeup Artist, Entrepreneur, Voice Actor
- Mother – Jennifer Phan
- Siblings – Christine Phan (Younger Half-Sister), Steve Phan (Older Brother)
Michelle has been signed with KFD PR.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth had been $50 Million.
5 ft 0½ in or 154 cm
49 kg or 108 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Michelle Phan has dated –
- Dominique Capraro (2010-Present) – In 2010, Michelle started dating model and dancer Dominique Capraro. They had already met in 2008 in Paris, France.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Vietnamese ancestry.
34-23-34 in or 86-58.5-86 cm
0-2 (US) or 30-32 (EU)
She has been seen in commercials on Dr. Pepper Diet, YouTube Geek Week, Nintendo 3DS, etc.
She has also served as the spokesperson for Lancôme.
Best Known For
Sharing makeup tips, beauty videos, and also emulating looks inspired by stars like Lady Gaga, Angelina Jolie on her YouTube channel.
First YouTube Video
In May 2007, she published her first YouTube video about a makeup tutorial.
Seeing her blog posts and of course her body, it seems she values exercising and keeps doing it whenever she finds time.
Here, in this article, she talks about a circuit routine where she urges you to do 10 reps of bodyweight squats, crunches, burpees, push-ups, and jumping jacks.
Read more about exercise on her personal blog.
Michelle Phan Favorite Things
- Food – Green Tea Kit Kat, Gummy Vitamins, Emergen-C
She also talks about her favorite beauty products, books, and lots of other things in this video and this one.
Source – YouTube
Michelle Phan Facts
- Due to her huge fan following on YouTube, she has been asked by beauty giants such as Lancome to star in their makeup videos for their own channel.
- Her video Lady Gaga “Bad Romance” Look video has been watched more than 50 million times. The video became viral after BuzzFeed.com posted that video on their website in 2009.
- Michelle started a subscription beauty sampling business, Ipsy in 2012.
- She started her career in 2007 via YouTube.
- Michelle was doing blogging in 2005 (before starting her vlogging career via YouTube). She used to run a personal blog writing articles about makeup and related tutorials. Post that, she started posting videos under the name “Ricebunny” on Xanga.
- In August 2013, Michelle launched a cosmetic line called em by Michelle Phan in partnership with L’Oreal. She dedicated the brand to her mother.
- In October 2014, Phan released her book Make Up: Your Life Guide to Beauty, Style, and Success — Online and Off.
- She has voiced the Jessica Jones character for the mobile game Marvel Avengers Academy in 2016.
- In July 2014, Michelle was sued by Ultra Records for using their music without their written consent in her YouTube videos. They demanded $7.5 million in damages for 50 places of copyright infringement. The case was settled out of court.
- Phan is the first Vietnamese spokesperson for Lancôme.
- In 2014, she was awarded the Streamy Award for “Inspiration Icon Award” as well as a Shorty Award for “Best YouTube Guru”.
- She has been nominated for a Teen Choice Award in the “Choice Web Star: Fashion/Beauty” category in 2014, 2015, and 2016.
- “Shift Music Group” has also been launched by Michelle in September 2014 in partnership with Cutting Edge Group (CEG).
- Michelle’s Vietnamese name is “Tuyet Bang.” It means avalanche.
- She has revealed about her life – her short biography in this YouTube video.
- Michelle is a big fan of zombies and likes zombies related movies and books such as World War Z, and Warm Bodies.