|Jason Ritter Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||February 17, 1980|
Jason Morgan Ritter
Jace the Ace from Outer Space
Los Angeles, California, United States
California, United States
Jason Ritter got his middle and high school education from Crossroads School in Santa Monica.
After graduating from high school, he got enrolled at the New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts. He eventually graduated from the university with a BFA in drama.
He also took classes at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London.
- Father – John Ritter (Actor and Comedian)
- Mother – Nancy Morgan (Actress)
- Siblings – Tyler Ritter (Younger Brother) (Actor), Stella Ritter (Half-Sister), Carly Ritter (Sister)
- Others – Amy Yasbeck (Stepmother) (Actress), Tex Ritter (Paternal Grandfather) (Singer and Actor), Dorothy Fay Southworth (Paternal Grandmother) (Actress), Samuel Asa Leland Morgan (Maternal Grandfather), Marjorie Greenfield (Maternal Grandmother)
Jason Ritter is represented by The Burstein Company.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jason Ritter has dated –
- Amber Tamblyn – Jason has reportedly dated actress Amber Tamblyn in the past. They had grown close during the shooting of the TV series, Joan of Arcadia. During the shooting of the show, they were pictured hanging out together at several hotspots.
- Marianna Palka (1999-2013) – Ritter started dating Scottish actress and director Marianna Palka in 1999. They had first met while studying at the Atlantic Theater Company. In 2008, they appeared in the roles of lovers in the 2008 indie movie, Good Dick, which was directed by Palka herself. They quietly ended their relationship in 2013.
- Melanie Lynskey (2013-Present) – Ritter started his relationship with actress Melanie Lynskey, who is best known for having played the role of Rose in Two and a Half Men, in 2013. They had grown close while filming for the 2013 comedy flick, The Big Ask. In February 2017, during her appearance on Hollywood Today Live, she revealed that they had got engaged. They welcomed a daughter in December 2018. The couple tied the knot in 2020 after dating for almost 7 years.
Race / Ethnicity
He has German, English, Scottish, Welsh, Irish, French, and Dutch ancestry.
- Blue eyes
- Broad smile
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Mark Cyr in the NBC drama TV series, Parenthood.
- Having played the leading role of Kevin Finn in the comedy-drama TV series, Kevin (Probably) Saves the World.
- Having appeared in a series of high profile TV shows such as Days of Our Lives, Law & Order, and Person of Interest.
In 1999, Jason made his theatrical film debut as Martin Brockett in the comedy-drama movie, Mumford.
First TV Show
In 1999, Jason Ritter made his first TV show appearance in the long-running soap opera, Days of Our Lives.
Jason Ritter Favorite Things
- Country Singers – Loretta Lynn, Kenny Rogers, and Shania Twain
- Actress – Giulietta Masina
- Actor – James Dean
- Music Artists – Conor Oberst of Bright Eyes, Kurt Cobain, and Doug Martsch of Built to Spill
- Sci-Fi Movie – Star Wars
- Place In Los Angeles – The Cinefamily
- Playwrights – Edward Albee
- TV Shows – Monster In-Laws, Intervention
- Cartoon – Lambert the Sheepish Lion
Jason Ritter Facts
- He is the founding member of the New York City-based Irreputable Theater Company.
- In his free time, he likes to play guitar and bass guitar.
- While studying at the New York University, he got an opportunity to hone his skills with the iconic Atlantic Theater Company.
- To prepare for the role of wheelchair-bound Kevin Girardi in Joan of Arcadia, he took special training to learn how to use wheelchair especially for going up and down the stairs.
- He wanted to become a child actor but his parents shot down the idea and asked him to study acting properly in school and college if he wanted to become a decent actor.
Featured Image by Genevieve / Flickr / CC BY-2.0