|Emily Deschanel Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||October 11, 1976|
Emily Deschanel is an American actor, voice actor, producer, and director who is best known for playing Temperance Brennan in the crime procedural comedy-drama series Bones. She has also been cast in various other shows and movies like It Could Happen to You, It’s a Shame About Ray, Easy, Cold Mountain, Spider-Man 2, Crossing Jordan, The Alamo, Boogeyman, Rose Red, Glory Road, That Night, My Sister’s Keeper, The Perfect Family, Unity, The Heart Department, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Providence, The Dan Show, The Cleveland Show, American Dad!, Drunk History, The Rookie, BoJack Horseman, Sleepy Hollow, and The Simpsons.
Emily Erin Deschanel
Los Angeles, California, United States
Emily went to Harvard-Westlake School and Crossroads School in Los Angeles.
She finally attended Boston University in their Professional Actors Training Program and received a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Theater.
Actor, Voice Actor, TV Producer, Film Producer, Director
- Father – Caleb Deschanel (Cinematographer and director)
- Mother – Mary Jo Deschanel (née Weir) (Actor)
- Siblings – Zooey Deschanel (Singer, Actor, Model) (Younger Sister)
- Others – Paul Jules Deschanel (Paternal Grandfather), Anna/Ann Ward Orr (Paternal Grandmother), Donald Lamar Weir (Maternal Grandfather), Elizabeth Ellen Manchester (Maternal Grandmother)
Emily Deschanel has been signed with –
- Management 360
- Principal Entertainment, Artist Management Company, West Hollywood, California, United States
Her net worth has been $30 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
66 kg or 145.5 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Emily Deschanel has dated –
- David Hornsby (2008-Present) – Emily started dating writer and actor David Hornsby in 2008. On September 25, 2010, the duo got married in a private ceremony in Los Angeles. The couple welcomed their first child, son Henry Lamar Hornsby on September 21, 2011, and son Calvin on June 8, 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
Emily has Dutch, English, Irish, Swiss, German, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, Cornish, and French ancestry.
38-29-36 in or 96.5-74-91.5 cm
10 (US) or 42 (EU)
8 (US) or 5.5 (UK) or 38.5 (EU)
Emily has appeared in commercials for brands like Fiat, Avon, and others.
Deschanel has also appeared in a Breast Cancer awareness commercial for the organization Stand Up 2 Cancer.
Emily was raised as Roman Catholic.
But, now she is Agnostic.
Best Known For
Playing Dr. Temperance “Bones” Brennan in Fox’s crime comedy-drama series Bones since 2005.
Deschanel appeared in the 1994 romantic comedy-drama film It Could Happen to You for her role as an “animal rights activist”.
First TV Show
In 2002, Deschanel guest appeared in NBC’s Law & Order: Special Victims Unit for her role as Cassie Germaine in an episode titled “Surveillance” broadcast on episode 17 of season 3.
Emily works with a personal trainer, Julie Diamond as frequently as possible. They work together and Julie keeps positive thinking hence she is able to motivate Emily to do more and more workouts. Emily runs on the treadmill, which she has kept at home.
Emily used to go to yoga classes too previously with her younger sister, Zooey. But, now they have stopped as they felt bored with the teacher, who was so slow.
She is a vegan and never ever buys stuff made from animals or their skin (neither to eat nor for wearing).
Emily Deschanel Favorite Things
- School Subjects – Mathematics, Science
Source – TV.com
Emily Deschanel Facts
- Emily always desired to be an architect, while growing up.
- Deschanel is good friends with TV producer, director, and actor David Boreanaz.
- She supports animal rights causes.
- Emily is a vegan.
- Emily previously owned a female dog of the Wheaten terrier breed. Now, that dog is with her ex-boyfriend.
- She was placed at #12 in The 2012 Hot 100 on AfterEllen.
- For her role in Bones, she was nominated for various awards such as Satellite Award, Teen Choice Award, and People’s Choice Awards.
- In 2004, she was included in the list of “six actresses to watch” by Interview Magazine.
- Her dad is an Oscar-nominated cinematographer and director Caleb Deschanel.
- Emily’s paternal grandfather is from Oullins, Rhône (French).
- She was cast as Dr. Farquad in the 2009 drama film My Sister’s Keeper, starring Cameron Diaz, Abigail Breslin, Sofia Vassilieva, Jason Patric, and Alec Baldwin.
- In 2019, she was cast in the recurring role of Angela in the family crime drama television series Animal Kingdom.