Isabel Rosario Dawson
New York City, New York, USA
Rosario went to The Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute in West Hollywood, California to learn acting.
Actress, singer, writer
- Father – Patrick C. Harris
- Mother – Isabel Celeste (Writer and Singer)
- Siblings – Clay Dawson (Younger Half-brother)
- Others – Greg Dawson (Stepfather) (Construction Worker)
She is signed to Creative Artists Agency (CAA)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
60 kg or 132 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rosario Dawson dated –
- Jay-Z (2000) – Rapper Jay-Z had a fling with actress Rosario Dawson in 2000.
- Joshua Jackson (2002) – In 2002, Canadian actor Joshua dated Dawson. But they were engaged during this one year of dating.
- Jason Lewis (2004-2006) – American model and former S*x and the City star Jason Lewis and Rosario dated for about two years from 2004 until November 2006. During this time, they lived together in Los Angeles.
- Gerard Butler (2007) – In 2007, Scottish actor Gerard Butler and Rosario were RUMORed to be dating together as they were seen getting intimate during the promotion of the movie “300”.
- Mathieu Schreyer (2008-2011) – French DJ, Mathieu and Dawson were romantically linked from early 2008 until May 2011. They were first found together shopping in Southern California in January 2008. Engagement RUMORs also went around at the time, but neither of the party confirmed that.
- Otis Ferry (2011) – A British socialite Otis Ferry was RUMORed to be dating Rosario in 2011.
- Danny Boyle (2012-2013) – British film director Danny Boyle, then, dated actress Dawson for less than a year from July 2012 until March 2013, when he cast her in his 2013 film Trance.
- Michael Fassbender (2013) – She was RUMORed to be dating German actor Michael Fassbender in 2013.
- Cory Booker (2018)
Race / Ethnicity
She has Afro-Cuban and Puerto Rican ancestry on her mother’s side.
Mixed looks due to varied ancestry.
35-26-35 in or 89-66-89 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
9 (US) or 39.5 (EU)
In 2011, she appeared in Lexus CT 200h Funny Car commercial.
Best Known For
Playing Gail in the neo-noir crime action thriller Sin City film series in 2005 and 2014.
Dawson appeared in 1995 American drama film Kids for her role as Ruby.
First TV Show
In 2003, Rosario appeared in hidden camera-practical joke reality television series Punk’d as herself in 8th episode of season 1.
Rosario’s favorite exercise is Pilates. She starts her fitness routine with running, which is also good for singing as it expands the lungs.
When she is traveling, she gets less time for a workout. So, instead, she works out in the form of moving through the staircase, instead of the elevator, a lot of walking around the hotel, or sometimes morning jog with friends.
It is a must to have right food before starting workout to have the maximum and best results possible with your body. So, she advises having a mix of carbohydrates and proteins, at least 20 minutes before workout. Also, drink lots of water.
Rosario Dawson Favorite Things
- Hair Product – Tara Smith Feed the Root Conditioner
- Monument – Garden of the Rodin Museum
- Book – The Consolations of Philosophy (By Alain de Botton)
- Mouthwash – Listerine
- Fitness Gear – Reebok Zigtech Long Bra Top
- Dress – Diane von Furstenberg Silk Jersey Dress
Source – Shape.com
Rosario Dawson Facts
- Rosario was born when her mother was just sixteen years old.
- Rosario’s mom never married her biological father Patrick Harris. Instead, she married a construction worker named Greg Dawson, when Rosario was one year old. They separated in 2001.
- Rosario Dawson uses the surname of her stepfather, who didn’t give her birth but raised her as a loving father.
- She is also a fan of comic books and hence co-created a mini comic book series Occult Crimes Taskforce in 2006.
- Comic book artist Gustavo Vazquez is her uncle.
- She produced the 2007 thriller film Descent under her own production house Trybe.
- Rosario is a big fan of Star Trek franchise.
- She has given her voice in the 2006 video game named Marc Eckō’s Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure to the character named Tina, and 2012 video game Syndicate to the character Lily Drawl.
- Connect with Rosario on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Flickr.