|Hank Azaria Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11.5 in|
|Date of Birth||April 25, 1964|
|Spouse||Katie Wright Azaria|
Hank Azaria is an American voice actor known for his voiceovers as Moe Szyslak, Apu Nahasapeemapetilon, Chief Wiggum, and several others in the cult classic animated series, The Simpsons. He has done endorsement work for numerous brands like The Skimm and PokerGO. Hank has a huge social media fan base with more than 300k followers on Twitter and more than 100k followers on Facebook.
Henry Albert Azaria
Queens, New York City, New York, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Hank studied at The Kew-Forest School in Forest Hills. He later went on to study drama at Tufts University from 1981 to 1985.
Actor, Voice Actor, Comedian, Producer
- Father – Albert Azaria
- Mother – Ruth Altcheck
- Siblings – Elise Azaria (Older Sister), Stephanie Azaria (Older Sister)
- Others – Haim/Hymen Azaria (Paternal Grandfather), Sarah Corkidi (Paternal Grandmother), Albert Isaac Altchek (Maternal Grandfather), Esther Pitchon (Maternal Grandmother)
Hank Azaria is represented by William Morris Endeavor Entertainment.
5 ft 11.5 in or 181.5 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Hank Azaria has dated –
- Julie Warner – Hank was dating actress Julie Warner briefly in the early 1990s.
- Helen Hunt (1994-2000) – After dating for a few years starting from 1994, actress Helen hunt married Hank in 1999. The union, however, didn’t last long and the two decided to part ways in 2000.
- Sheryl Crow (2006) – Hank was rumored to dating singer and actress Sheryl Crow in 2006.
- Katie Wright Azaria (2007-Present) – Former actress Katie Wright began dating Hank in 2007. The two married and welcomed the birth of their son Hal in 2009.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Middle Eastern and Hispanic)
Hank has Sephardic Jewish and Spanish ancestry.
Hank has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Determined To Succeed Donate
- The Skimm
Best Known For
His voice-over work in popular shows like The Simpsons where he voices various characters such as Apu Nahasapeemapetilon, Chief Wiggum, Moe Szyslak, and many others
Hank Azaria made his theatrical film debut in the blockbuster romantic-comedy movie Pretty Woman as a detective in 1990.
As a voice actor, he made theatrical film debut in 1997 by lending his voice to the character of Bartok in Anastasia.
First TV Show
Hank Azaria made his television show debut on the family comedy series Family Ties as Joe in 1988.
As a voice actor, he made his TV show debut on The Simpsons in 1989.
Hank Azaria Favorite Things
- Mobile Application – RunPee
- Television Shows – Game of Thrones, Naked Science, The Honeymooners, The Odd Couple, All in The Family, Deadwood, Star Trek, and Through the Wormhole
- Simpsons Character – Professor Frink, Ralph Wiggum, Kent Brockman, Krusty the Clown, Cookie Kwan
- Simpsons Episode – Cape Feare
Source – Adweek, Reddit
Hank Azaria Facts
- He decided to venture into acting after starring in a play when he was 16.
- He enjoys playing poker with his friends.
- Hank is a fan of the New York Mets baseball team.
- He has revealed that he tends to check his messages and emails once he wakes up.
- He is fond of reading while traveling.
- Hank enjoys binge-watching television.
- He is fond of doing mimicry which he started as a child.
- Hank would have been a therapist, if not an actor.
- He has a pet dog named Truman.
- Follow Hank Azaria on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Hank Azaria / Instagram