Cameron Jerrell Newton
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Cam went to Atlanta Westlake High School where he played as a football player in high school’s team.
During his senior year at Westlake, Cam started receiving offers from colleges such as Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Ole Miss, Oklahoma, and Virginia Tech, but eventually chose to continue his education at the University of Florida.
In January 2009, Cam shifted to Blinn College in Texas where he managed to lead his team to the 2009 NJCAA National Football Championship.
For the 2010 season, Newton switched to Auburn University where he stayed until his senior year when he decided not to attend his final year at college and enter the 2011 NFL Draft.
In the spring of 2015, Cam graduated from Auburn with a degree in sociology.
Professional American Football Player
- Father – Cecil Newton Senior
- Mother – Jackie Newton
- Siblings – Cecil Newton Jr (Older Brother) (NFL Player), Caylin Newton (Younger Brother)
Cam is signed with Bus Cook Sports, Inc.
6 ft 5 in or 196 cm
111 kg or 245 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Cam Newton dated –
- Angela Simmons (2011) – In 2011, Cam had a short lived relationship with Angela Simmons.
- Ciara (2011) – Newton had fling with the well known American singer Ciara in 2011.
- Shakia Proctor (2013-Present) – In 2013, Cam began dating American stripper Shakia Proctor. The couple have a son Chosen Sebastian Newton (b. December 24, 2015).
Race / Ethnicity
- Muscular body
- Towering height
Cam Newton’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 50 in or 127 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 17 in or 43 cm
- Waist – 36.5 in or 93 cm
14 (US) or 47 (EU)
Cam has signed sponsorship contracts with Microsoft, Under Armour, Gatorade and others.
Also, Newton has been seen in TV commercials for Beats, Play 60, Foot Locker, Dannon Oikos Triple Zero yogurt, and Belk.
Cam is a Christian.
When Cam won the 2011 BCS National Championship trophy, after the game, he stated –
“It’s just a God thing. I thank God every single day. I’m just his instrument and he’s using me on a consistent basis daily.”
Best Known For
Winning the Heisman Trophy, winning the national championship title and for being the first draft pick in 2011 NFL Draft.
First American Football Match
Cam had his NFL debut on September 11, 2011 in a match against Arizona Cardinals.
Cam has not acted in a film yet.
First TV Show
Other than NFL matches itself, Newton first appeared in the TV show The Tonight Show with Jay Leno in an episode in 2011.
Cam’s personal trainer is not known. However, you can check some of his workout footage via the following YouTube video links –
Cam is a pescetarian who eats fish and some other seafood.
Cam Newton Favorite Things
- Food – Pork chops with pasta
Source – ProPlayerInsiders.com
Cam Newton Facts
- As a kid, he possessed talent for baseball and basketball, but he had fear of being hit in baseball by a pitch and also had problems staying out of foul trouble in basketball. Newton quit his basketball and baseball careers during his freshman year in high school.
- Besides football, Cam also loves to work as a motivator as he often does motivational speeches in front of athletes and people.
- On November 21, 2008, Newton was taken into custody after being charged with burglary. Cam was accused of stealing a laptop computer from another student which later led to the team suspension. In order to be released by the charges, Newton went to a pre-trial diversion program.
- On April 28, 2011, Cam was chosen as the first overall pick by the Carolina Panthers.
- On July 29, 2011, Newton penned a four-year deal for a price of $22 million with Carolina Panthers.
- On December 9, 2014, Newton was a part of a car incident in which he got two back fractures and had to stay at a hospital in Charlotte. He fully recovered in 12 days.
- Newton is a pescetarian. He follows a diet that includes fish and other seafood but at the same time avoids eating the meat of other animals.
- He is the creator of a clothing line MADE by Cam Newton.
- In 2015, Cam was the NFL Most Valuable Player (MVP).
- Cam has a foundation by the name Cam Newton.
- In October 2020, he was tested positive for COVID-19. However, he later recovered from the virus.
- In August 2021, Cam was cut by the New England Patriots and was replaced by Mac Jones as the starting quarterback.