Sutton Lenore Foster
Statesboro, Georgia, United States
Sutton Foster went to the Troy High School in Michigan. However, she dropped out before high school graduation and managed to complete her school diploma through correspondence courses.
She also got enrolled at the Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburg. However, she dropped out of college after a year in a bid to focus on her acting career.
Actress, singer, and dancer
- Father – Bob Foster
- Mother – Helen Foster
- Siblings – Hunter Foster (Older Brother) (Director, actor, singer, librettist, and playwright)
Sutton Foster is represented by Creative Artists Agency, LLC.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sutton Foster has dated –
- Adam Guettel (2004) – Sutton Foster was RUMORed to be dating musical theater composer and lyricist, Adam Guettel in 2004. They went out for a couple of months before realizing they weren’t suited for each other.
- Christian Borle (2006-2010) – Sutton first met Broadway actor Christian Borle while she was studying in college. They got married in an intimate wedding ceremony in September 2006. In 2010, she confirmed in a radio interview that they had got divorced. Taxing Broadway schedule proved too much for them. Also, there were rumors that alleged Borle had an affair with Laura Bell Bundy while working in Legally Blonde. However, they remained on good terms and even worked together in Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life in 2016.
- Ted Griffin (2013-Present) – After dating for a brief period, Sutton got engaged to screenwriter Ted Griffin in September 2013. They got married about a year later in October 2014. In April 2017, she announced that they have adopted a baby girl, Emily Dale Griffin, who was born a month earlier on March 5, 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
Slight difference in eyes
36-26-35 in or 91.5-66-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU)
Sutton Foster starred alongside Nico Tortorella in the TV commercial for satellite cable, DirecTV Genie.
Best Known For
- Being one of the most acclaimed actresses in the Broadway sector. She has won two Tony Awards for best actress for her performances in 2002 and 2011.
- Portraying Liza Miller in the comedy-drama TV series, Younger.
In February 2009, she released her debut studio album, Wish.
She was first seen in a short film Mr. Terbillion’s Ambition in 1989.
First TV Show
In 1990, Sutton made her TV show debut as one of the contestants in the reality show, Star Search. She managed to finish as a runner-up in that episode.
Despite being aged over 40, she manages to play the role of a 26-year-old woman in Younger with perfection due to her consistent workout routine and her healthy lifestyle. She regularly hits the Serious Strength Gym in New York City for her lifting sessions. Instead of going with lightweight and high repetitions that are common amongst females, she lifts heavy weights at the slowest speed possible. The basic idea is to take momentum out of the picture.
She also loves to perform Pilates at Pilates Reforming NY under the guidance of a personal trainer, which she claims helps her body keep in the dancing shape.
On entering her 30s, she also overhauled her diet and decided to phase out junk food and soda. It is not that she has adopted any fad diet. But she has become aware of everything that she lays on her plate. She tries to make sure that her meat is antibiotic-free and her vegetables and fruits are organic. Plus, she makes sure that she drinks a lot of water throughout the day.
Sutton Foster Favorite Things
- Skin Care Brand – Skyn
- Skin Care Product – Origins microdermabrasion scrub
- Leg Strength Exercises – Squats, lunges, and leg press
- Times Square Restaurants – Joe Allen’s and Nizza on Ninth Avenue
- Salad – Mexican Caesar salad with avocado and spicy chicken
- Musicals – Les Miz, Sound of Music, and Annie
Sutton Foster Facts
- She got her breakthrough at the age of 15 after she appeared in a reality show competition, Star Search.
- In her early acting days, she appeared in an audition for the cast of a variety TV series, The Mickey Mouse Club.
- In May 2012, the Ball State University awarded her an honorary doctorate in recognition for her acting achievements and for having made a valuable contribution to the professional growth and educational experience of students at Ball State.
- Since January 2010, she has taught at master class sessions, worked with students in classes, and has held performing workshops at Ball State University.
- Sutton is an adept painter and artist and has shown off her artwork at exhibitions. She also sells her work online through her official website.
- She often collaborates with her former dresser Julien Harvard to create visual art pieces.
- In January 2010, she was hired by New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts to teach the spring semester master class of the Undergraduate Department of Drama program.
- Sutton is a dog lover and since her Broadway debut has owned three pet dogs – Mabel, Brody, and Linus.