|Abby Lee Miller Quick Info
|5 ft 8 in
|Date of Birth
|September 21, 1965
Abby Lee Miller is an American dance instructor, choreographer, actress, director, producer, and reality television personality who is best known for appearing on the reality television series Dance Moms for 8 seasons. She has also been a part of on-screen projects such as Sharknado 5: Global Swarming, Drop Dead Diva, Abby’s Ultimate Dance Competition, Dance Moms Funniest Fights, and Entertainment Tonight.
Abigale Lee Miller
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, United States
Abby Lee Miller went to the Penn Hills High School and also attended the Charm School.
Dance Instructor, Reality Television Personality, Choreographer, Actress, Director, Producer
- Father – George L. Miller
- Mother – Maryen Lorrain (Member of Dance Masters of America and owned many dance studios) (Died in February 2014 due to cancer)
- Siblings – None
- Others – George R. Miller (Paternal Grandfather), Ida May (Paternal Grandmother), Terrence McKay (Maternal Grandfather), Marion M. MacDonald (Maternal Grandmother)
In 2024, her net worth was estimated at $1 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
83 kg or 183 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Abby Lee Miller has dated –
- Jordan ‘Jordy’ Rodriguez
- Michael Padula – Abby’s relationship with Italian actor, Michael Padula became public in September 2013 after she took to her social media account to share a picture of them standing together accompanied by the caption ‘The happy couple’. By the start of 2014, there were rumors circulating that they had got engaged. And, they confirmed these rumors in the last week of January 2014 with a picture of her showing her wedding sparkler with her partner. However, there was another twist in their relationship in July 2014 as she revealed that their engagement was fake. It was staged to soothe her mother, who was dying because of cancer. Since then, there has been no update about their relationship, which makes it probable that they might have separated. Plus, some sources have claimed that Michael has come out as gay.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English and Irish descent.
- Short hairdo
- Wide smile
42-36-40 in or 107-91.5-102 cm
16 (US) or 46 (EU)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU)
Abby Lee Miller hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand. But, has been seen in Dance Moms commercials.
Best Known For
- Her appearances in several seasons of the dance reality show, Dance Moms
- Being one of the most high-profile dance choreographers
First TV Show
In July 2011, Abby made her first TV show appearance in the reality series, Dance Moms.
Abby isn’t a fan of any workout routine or diet plan. The only physical activity she puts a store-in is dancing.
In 2015, she managed to lose about 18 pounds of weight. However, that weight loss was due to a lack of air conditioning in her studio and dubious diabetes medicine that had her throwing up within an hour of eating anything.
Abby Lee Miller’s Favorite Things
- Genre To Choreograph – Musical Theatre
Source – Wikia.com
Abby Lee Miller Facts
- She spent her childhood years growing up in Penn Hills, Pennsylvania.
- While growing up, Abby enjoyed a host of other activities, including Girl Scouts, clarinet lessons, and ski club, apart from dancing.
- She wasn’t a fan of performing and started her career as a dance choreographer at the age of 13.
- By 14, she had opened her own dance studio, Abby Lee Dance Company.
- In 1995, she took over her mother’s studio, Maryen Lorrain Dance Studio, and went on to rebrand it as Reign Dance Productions.
- In December 2010, she was forced to file for bankruptcy after it was revealed that she had to pay more than $400,000 in taxes.
- In 1986, Abby became a member of the Dance Masters of Pennsylvania Chapter #10. However, her membership was terminated in February 2012 as the organization felt her reality show was against the essence of dance education and it was stated that the show Dance Moms was “a total misrepresentation of our dance educators and their students and is detrimental to the dance profession.”
- In October 2012, she launched her own reality show, Abby’s Ultimate Dance Competition. The prize money for the show was $100,000 and the winner would also get a scholarship to the Joffrey Ballet School.
- In 2014, Paige Hyland, who was one of the dancers in the show Dance Moms filed a lawsuit against Miller alleging assault. Hyland also filed a lawsuit alleging emotional distress, which was eventually dismissed by the judge.
- In October 2015, she was indicted by the federal authorities for fraud after it was found that she had opened a secret bank account to hide her earnings from various sources.
- In May 2017, she was found guilty of fraud and was handed one year and a day of imprisonment, which would be followed by a supervised release of two years. She was also slapped with a $40,000 fine.
- As she uploaded a black square to Instagram on Blackout Tuesday on June 2, 2020, in response to the murders of George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, and Breonna Taylor, she was called out by Adriana Smith, the mother of Dance Moms season 8 contestant Kamryn, who accused Miller of racism recalling that, “A statement from her that sticks in my mind to this day during my time on DMS8 is ‘I know you grew up in the HOOD with only a box of 8 crayons, but I grew up in the Country Club with a box of 64—don’t be stupid.’”
- In December 2022, Abby sold her Abby Lee Dance Company dance studio in Pennsylvania for $300,000. She had purchased the property in 1993.
- In September 2023, it was revealed that Abby was planning to launch a new dance reality series titled Mad House.
- Visit her official website @ abbyleedancecompany.com.