|Marc Anthony Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||September 16, 1968|
Marc Anthony is an American singer, songwriter, actor, record executive, television producer, and philanthropist who has become the top-selling tropical salsa artist of all time. Some of his albums are Amar Sin Mentiras, Libre, El Cantante, Contra la Corriente, Mended, and Todo a Su Tiempo as well as he was honored with the 2009 Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute (CHCI) Lifetime Achievement Award. Moreover, with a total of 32 songs, he became the artist with the most number-one songs on the Billboard Latin Tropical Airplay chart.
Marco Antonio Muñiz
Skinny, Marc Anthony
Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States
Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Record Producer, TV Producer, Philanthropist
- Father – Felipe Muñiz (Musician, Hospital Lunchroom Worker, Amateur bodybuilder)
- Mother – Guillermina Muñiz (Housewife)
Marc is signed with –
- XIX Management, Talent Management Company, West Hollywood, California, United States
- Creative Link, Inc. (Publicist), New York, United States
Salsa, freestyle, pop, Latin pop, tropical
- Blue Dog (1988)
- Atlantic (1991)
- RMM (1992–98)
- Columbia Records
- Sony Latin
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
64 kg or 141 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Marc Anthony has dated –
- Claudette Lali – Dominican actress Claudette Lali and Marc dated in the past.
- Debbie Rosado (1993-1995) – In 1993, he was allegedly married to NYC police officer Debbie Rosado. She gave birth to the couple’s first daughter Ariana in 1994. They split in 1995.
- Mira Sorvino (1998) – In 1998, he briefly dated actress Mira Sorvino.
- Dayanara Torres (1999-2003) – Puerto Rican model Dayanara Torres who is Miss Universe 1993 started dating Marc in July 1999. On May 9, 2000, the duo got married in Las Vegas. The marriage resulted in two children, sons Cristian Anthony Muñiz (b. February 5, 2001), and Ryan Anthony Muñiz (b. August 16, 2003). During this time, they also split in early 2002 but reconciled in December 2002. Finally, they split in October 2003 and Torres filed for divorce in January 2004.
- Jennifer Lopez (2004-2011) – Singers JLo and Marc started dating and got married in June 2004. On February 22, 2008, the couple welcomed twins Emme Maribel Muñiz and Maximilian David Muñiz. This relationship also saw an end in July 2011 and Anthony filed for divorce this time on April 9, 2012.
- Shannon De Lima (2012-2017) – Venezuelan model Shannon De Lima started dating Marc in 2012. In March 2014, they announced their engagement and tied the knot on November 11, 2014, in the Dominican Republic. But, in November 2016, the couple separated and had applied for divorce after that. On February 13, 2017, the divorce was finalized.
- Chloe Green (2013-2014) – Heiress Chloe Green and Marc were romantically linked to each other from February 2013 to early 2014.
- Mariana Downing (2016) – In 2016, he briefly dated much younger model Mariana Downing.
- Madu Nicola – Marc and Madu Nicola’s relationship came into the spotlight after they were seen together at the 2021 Billboard Latin Music Awards. The couple broke up after some time.
- Nadia Ferreira – Marc later started dating former Miss Universe contestant Nadia Ferreira. The couple announced their engagement in May 2022.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Puerto Rican ancestry.
- Thin body frame
- Often wears dark clothes and sunglasses on his live performances
Marc Anthony’s body specifications might be –
- Chest – 37 in or 94 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 12.5 in or 32 cm
- Waist – 28 in or 71 cm
Marc appeared in print ads for American Dairy Farmers and Milk Processors in June 2000.
He has also been seen in TV commercials for Coca Cola (1998), RADD (2001), I Love New York” Tourism Committee (2002), etc.
Best Known For
- Being a known name in salsa, Latin pop music
- He is known for his singles “Vivir Mi Vida”, “I Need To Know”, etc.
In October 1991, he released his debut album When the Night is Over via Atlantic Records.
Though, his first-ever single was “Rebel”, released in 1988.
As an actor, he first appeared in the musical comedy East Side Story as Flaco in 1991.
First TV Show
In 1997, Marc was seen in an episode of comedy show MADtv as Football player #30.
Marc Anthony was athletic in his early teens. At just 9 years old, he was able to do more than 100 pushups in a day. He struggled to gain weight since that time.
Marc Anthony Facts
- Marc was named by his parents after Mexican singer Marco Antonio Muñiz. Marc later adopted the stage name “Marc Anthony”.
- Marc knows English and Spanish.
- Anthony started his career as a backing vocalist and songwriter for the pop musical groups Latin Rascals and Menudo.
- On October 21, 1997, he released his 3rd studio album, Contra la Corriente, which included songs like Y Hubo Alguien, La Luna Sobre Nuestro Amor, No Me Conoces, Suceden, and No Sabes Cómo Duele. The critically acclaimed album peaked on the U.S. Billboard Top Latin Albums chart and U.S. Billboard Tropical Albums chart as well as won the 1999 Grammy Award for “Best Tropical Latin Album”.
- He was hesitant to become a salsa musician.
- His 7th studio album, Amar Sin Mentiras, bagged the 2005 Grammy Award for “Best Latin Pop Album”.
- In January 2012, he started a Maestro Cares Foundation with businessman Henry Cárdenas.
- In 2009, he purchased a small stake in the American football team Miami Dolphins.
- While working with Kohl’s in 2011, he launched his own clothing line and also luxury accessories.
- He has been friends with actress and author Leah Remini.
- In April 2015, he started his entertainment company Magnus Media.
- He supports the Democratic Party and also supported Hillary Clinton‘s presidential campaign in 2016.
- While young, he was told by his dad to work on his personality as he was ugly at that time.
- He also takes interest in golf.