|Ceca Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||June 14, 1973|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Ceca is a Serbian turbo-folk singer who is considered to be one of Serbia and Balkans best singers. However, Ceca has also made headlines for her controversial life, the most important being her marriage to former commander Željko Ražnatović, who was on Interpol’s most-wanted list in the 1970s and 1980s.
Prokuplje, SR Serbia, SFR Yugoslavia
She was briefly trained under the watchful eye of folk composer and producer Dobrivoje Ivanković.
- Father – Slobodan Veličković
- Mother – Mira Veličković
- Siblings – Lidija Veličković (Younger Sister)
She was represented by Dejan Petresevic.
She has released her music with various record labels including PGP-RTB, PGP-RTS, Grand Production, and City Records.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ceca has dated –
- Željko Ražnatović (1993-2000) – Željko met Ceca in 1993 and proposed to her on January 7, 1995. The couple later tied the knot on February 19, 1995. They have 2 children, a boy named Veljko Ražnatović (b. December 1996) (Professional Boxer) and a daughter named Anastasija Ražnatović (b. May 25, 1998) (Singer). On January 15, 2000, the couple’s happy marriage came to an end with Ceca holding her husband’s lifeless body while on the way to the hospital after he was shot in the head by 4 gunmen at a hotel in Belgrade.
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair light brown.
- Plush lips
- She has a beauty spot on the left side of her neck.
- She was raised in the village of Žitorađa alongside her younger sister Lidija.
- Ceca was spotted during a family vacation by folk singer and accordion player Mirko Kodić while singing at a hotel on the coast of Montenegro. He then aided her in signing her first record deal with PGP-RTB.
- She released her debut studio album titled Cvetak Zanovetak in the year 1988. The album was a massive hit, especially the titular song that earned her a winning place at the Ilidža Folk Music Festival that was held in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Since the start of her career, Ceca has released more than a dozen albums including Ludo srce (1989), Pustite me da ga vidim (1990), Babaroga (1991), Šta je to u tvojim venama (1993), Ja još spavam u tvojoj majici (1994), Fatalna ljubav (1995), Emotivna luda (1996), Maskarada (1997), Ceca 2000 (1999), Decenija (2001).
- In the past, she had been appointed as the honorary president of the Party of Serbian Unity. However, Ceca quit politics all-together due to her constant dispute with then president of the party Borislav Pelević.
- On March 17, 2003, Ceca was taken into custody for the possession of multiple firearms that were found in her house in Belgrade during a raid that was carried out prior to the assassination of Prime Minister Zoran Đinđić. She was in prison for 3 months. Later, in 2011, she was again sentenced to 8 months of house arrest for the embezzlement of millions of euros through the transfers of FK Obilić players as well as for the illegal possession of 11 firearms.
- Until 2020, the last album she released was her 16th album titled Autogram. It was released on June 25, 2016.
- She was taken on as the president of the Third Child charitable foundation in the past.
- Due to her controversial lifestyle, Ceca is banned from entering Croatia.
Featured Image By Kavkaz13 / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 2.5