|Sushmita Sen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in|
|Date of Birth||November 19, 1975|
Sushmita Shubeer Sen
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
Sushmita attended Air Force Golden Jubilee Institute, New Delhi, and St. Ann’s High School, Secunderabad. She did not go further to pursue higher education.
- Father – Shuber Sen (Former Indian Air Force Wing Commander)
- Mother – Subhra Sen (Jewellery designer and owner of a Dubai-based store)
- Siblings – Neelam Malik (Sister), Rajeev Sen (Brother)
5 ft 7½ in or 171.5 cm
57 kg or 126 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Rajat Tara – Rajat had been dating Sen. But, it was before she won the Miss Universe crown. They separated in 1994.
- Wasee Panah (2001) – Italian businessman, Wasee Panah dated Sushmita for a short time in 2001.
- Randeep Hooda (2007-2010) – Randeep Hooda, another Bollywood personality’s name was linked with Sen. He dated her for nearly 3 years. The relationship is now all over.
- Mudassar Aziz (2008-2010) – Director Aziz first met Sen during the filming of the 2008 m0vie Dulha Mil Gaya. They broke up in 2010.
- Rohman Shawl – Model Rohman Shawl and Sushmita are dating for some time.
Note – She has two daughters – Alisah and Renee. Both are adopted.
Race / Ethnicity
The glamorous and stylish look makes her look distinct from others.
34-25-36 in or 86-63.5-91 cm
Kalyan Jewellers, Assotech
Best Known For
Winning Miss Universe Contest in 1994 and becoming India’s first woman to do so.
First Item Song
Sushmita Sen has various special appearances in the form of item songs in the movies. The first one being the “Mehboob Mere” for the 2000 movie Fiza. Though she had also appeared in one of the Tamil movies before this, but it was a cameo role. It was in the movie (released in 1999) Mudhalvan for the song “Shakalaka Baby”.
1996 Hindi-language Indian feature film, Dastak for her role as “Miss Universe Sushmita Sen”. It was directed, produced and written by Mahesh Bhatt, Mukesh Bhatt, and Vikram Bhatt respectively.
She has worked with a personal trainer, Nupur Shikhare in the past. She revealed that when she was in a weight loss program, she didn’t intake any carbohydrates after 7 in the evening. She used to take a well-balanced diet with a mixture of all the necessary ingredients. Sen ate every two hours and drank vegetable juices.
She said to Stardust magazine in September 2006 –
Today if you take a poll asking men if they want to be with women who are 30 and virgins, they will run away.
If the need arises and my heart doesn’t agree with it (marriage), I will have children without getting married.
Sushmita Sen Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Sushi
- Favorite Actress – Julia Roberts
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Actor – Robert De Niro, Woody Allen
Source – Gontry.com
Sushmita Sen Facts
- She is the first Indian woman to win the Miss Universe Contest in 1994.
- Often, she is known as the most stylish and glamorous lady of India.
- In 2000, when Sushmita was 25, she made history by adopting a baby girl, named Renée. After approximately 10 years, she adopted another baby girl (of three months) in January 2010 and she was named, Alisah.
- Just after the release of her debut film, Dastak in 1996, she was believed to be too tall and criticized for being too western for Hindi movies.
- Sen likes to write poetry.
- As of 2013, her biggest hit movie has been “Main Hoon Na” (2004) in which she was the love interest of Shahrukh Khan.
- She has received various awards for her performances in several movies in 2000, 2001, 2003, and 2006.