|Sushmita Sen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in|
|Date of Birth||November 19, 1975|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Sushmita Sen is an Indian actress and model who won Miss Universe 1994 at the age of 18, becoming the first Indian to achieve the feat. Prior to that, she was crowned as Femina Miss India in 1994. Since then, she has worked in the Indian entertainment industry and has been a part of a variety of films and shows such as Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya?, Biwi No.1, Main Hoon Na, Mudhalvan, Kyo Kii… Main Jhuth Nahin Bolta, Aankhen, Sirf Tum, Ram Gopal Varma Ki Aag, Zindaggi Rocks, Kisna: The Warrior Poet, Do Knot Disturb, F.A.L.T.U, Karma Aur Holi, No Problem, Vaastu Shastra, Tumko Na Bhool Paayenge, Paisa Vasool, Main Aisa Hi Hoon, Bas Itna Sa Khwaab Hai, Nayak, Aaghaaz, and Fiza.
Sushmita Shubeer Sen
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
Sushmita attended Air Force Golden Jubilee Institute, New Delhi, and St. Ann’s High School, Secunderabad. She did not go further to pursue higher education.
- Father – Shuber Sen (Former Indian Air Force Wing Commander)
- Mother – Subhra Sen (Jewellery designer and owner of a Dubai-based store)
- Siblings – Neelam Malik (Sister), Rajeev Sen (Brother)
5 ft 7½ in or 171.5 cm
57 kg or 126 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Rajat Tara – Rajat had been dating Sen. But, it was before she won the Miss Universe crown. They separated in 1994.
- Wasee Panah (2001) – Italian businessman Wasee Panah dated Sushmita for a short time in 2001.
- Randeep Hooda (2007-2010) – Randeep Hooda, another Bollywood personality’s name was linked with Sen. He dated her for nearly 3 years. The relationship is now all over.
- Mudassar Aziz (2008-2010) – Director Aziz first met Sen during the filming of the 2008 movie, Dulha Mil Gaya. They broke up in 2010.
- Rohman Shawl – Model Rohman Shawl and Sushmita dated for some time after starting dating in 2018. They had met online. In December 2021, Sushmita confirmed that the relationship was over long before. Their split was amicable and they continue to remain friends.
- Lalit Modi (2022-Present) – Indian businessman and ex-IPL chairman Lalit Modi and Sushmita first revealed that they are dating each other in July 2022 by sharing their cozy pictures on Twitter. They had first met during the Indian Premier League season 1 in 2008. In September 2022, Lalit Modi modified his Instagram bio by removing the mention of Sushmita Sen, which sparked their separation rumors.
Note – She has two daughters – Alisah and Renee. Both are adopted.
Race / Ethnicity
The glamorous and stylish look makes her look distinct from others.
34-25-36 in or 86-63.5-91 cm
Kalyan Jewellers, Assotech
Best Known For
Winning Miss Universe Contest in 1994 and becoming India’s first woman to do so.
First Item Song
Sushmita Sen has various special appearances in the form of item songs in the movies. The first one being the “Mehboob Mere” for the 2000 movie Fiza. Though she had also appeared in one of the Tamil movies before this, it was a cameo role. It was in the movie (released in 1999) Mudhalvan for the song “Shakalaka Baby”.
1996 Hindi-language Indian feature film, Dastak for her role as “Miss Universe Sushmita Sen”. It was directed, produced, and written by Mahesh Bhatt, Mukesh Bhatt, and Vikram Bhatt respectively.
She has worked with a personal trainer, Nupur Shikhare in the past. She revealed that when she was in a weight loss program, she didn’t intake any carbohydrates after 7 in the evening. She used to take a well-balanced diet with a mixture of all the necessary ingredients. Sen ate every two hours and drank vegetable juices.
She said to Stardust magazine in September 2006 –
Today if you take a poll asking men if they want to be with women who are 30 and virgins, they will run away.
If the need arises and my heart doesn’t agree with it (marriage), I will have children without getting married.
Sushmita Sen Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Sushi
- Favorite Actress – Julia Roberts
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Actor – Robert De Niro, Woody Allen
Source – Gontry.com
Sushmita Sen Facts
- She is the first Indian woman to win the Miss Universe Contest in 1994.
- Often, she is known as the most stylish and glamorous lady in India.
- In 2000, when Sushmita was 25, she made history by adopting a baby girl, named Renée. After approximately 10 years, she adopted another baby girl (of three months) in January 2010 and she was named, Alisah.
- She has been diagnosed with Addison’s disease and requires lifelong steroid drugs to manage the illness.
- Just after the release of her debut film, Dastak in 1996, she was believed to be too tall and criticized for being too western for Hindi movies.
- Sen likes to write poetry.
- As of 2013, her biggest hit movie has been “Main Hoon Na” (2004) in which she was the love interest of Shahrukh Khan.
- She has received various awards for her performances in several movies in 2000, 2001, 2003, and 2006.
- In 2020, she started playing the character named Aarya Sareen, an independent woman who joins the mafia gang in order to seek revenge on her husband’s murder, in the Disney+ Hotstar Hindi-language crime drama series, Aarya, in which she co-starred alongside the likes of Chandrachur Singh, Namit Das, Ankur Bhatia, and Vikas Kumar.
- For her performance in Aarya, she won the 2020 Filmfare OTT Award for “Best Actor in a Drama Series (Female)”.
- She has also worked with actors like Amitabh Bachchan, Akshay Kumar, Paresh Rawal, Ajay Devgan, Salman Khan, and Katrina Kaif.
- In 2022, Sushmita revealed that she came close to getting married thrice in her life. However, she chose not to get married every time.
- In 2022, Sushmita’s brother Rajeev and his wife Charu got separated and filed for divorce (which they later called off). Rajeev gave the reason that he was not aware of Charu’s first marriage. However, Charu said that he was already aware of this fact. They also had a daughter together. Later, in October 2022, they were once again going for a divorce. This time, Charu found out that he was cheating on her when she was pregnant.
- Sushmita’s Twitter account was verified in January 2011. She had thanked Lalit Kumar Modi for the same on Twitter. This tweet had gone viral in July 2022 after Modi announced that they had started dating.