|Jaydev Unadkat Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||October 18, 1991|
Jaydev Unadkat is an Indian professional cricketer who has represented the country, sporadically, as a bowler in all 3 formats of the sport (Tests, ODIs, and T20Is). He had also been a key member of the Indian squad that had finished in 6th place at the 2010 ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup. In domestic cricket, he has represented Saurashtra (2010–present) and had captained the team to their first-ever Ranji Trophy (India’s premier domestic first-class cricket championship) title, in the 2019–20 season. He had led from the front that season with 67 dismissals in 10 matches that had included match-defining figures of 4/42 in the quarter-final and 7/56 in the semi-final. A valuable bowler in the T20 format, he has represented numerous franchise teams in the IPL (Indian Premier League) including Kolkata Knight Riders (2010–2012, 2016), Royal Challengers Bangalore (2013), Delhi Daredevils (2014–2015), Rising Pune Supergiants (2017), and Rajasthan Royals (2018-Present).
Jaydev Dipakbhai Unadkat
Prince of Porbandar, Mango Man
Porbandar, Gujarat, India
Jaydev had attended the St. Mary’s School in his hometown of Porbandar.
- Father – Deepak Unadkat
- Mother – Nayana Unadkat
- Siblings – Dheera Unadkat (Sister)
- Others – Parth Thakkar (Brother-in-Law)
- 77 – One Day International (ODI), T20 International (T20I), Royal Challengers Bangalore (IPL), Delhi Daredevils (IPL), Kolkata Knight Riders (IPL), Rising Pune Supergiants (IPL), Rajasthan Royals (IPL)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jaydev has dated –
- Rinny Kantaria (2020–Present) – Jaydev got engaged to his longtime girlfriend Rinny Kantaria in March 2020. They got married on February 2, 2021, in a private ceremony in Anand, Gujarat.
Race / Ethnicity
- Affable smile
- Sports a trimmed beard
- Toned physique
- Side-cropped, spiked hair
Jaydev Unadkat Facts
- In May 2013, Jaydev had achieved the rare feat of registering a 5-wicket haul in the IPL when he had recorded stunning figures of 5/25 against the Delhi Daredevils. This was just the 13th such instance in the history of the tournament and as of January 2021, this feat had been achieved just 8 more times.
- 4 years later, in May 2017, he had matched that achievement by recording 5/30 in a game against the Sunrisers Hyderabad. As of January 2021, he was just one of 2 players to have achieved 2 5-wicket hauls in the IPL – the other being James Faulkner (who had done so with figures of 5/20 in April 2013 and 5/16 in May 2013).
- In May 2017, he had achieved another rare record in the IPL by taking a hat-trick (dismissal of 3 batsmen in 3 successive deliveries). This was just the 17th such instance in the history of the tournament and as of January 2021, this feat had been achieved just 2 more times. He had recorded this feat during the final over of a game against the Sunrisers Hyderabad. The icing on the cake was the fact that the over eventually became a wicket maiden (an over where at least 1 wicket falls and no runs are scored), another rarity in T20 cricket.
- In January 2019, he had become just the 2nd bowler for Saurashtra to have recorded 200 wickets in the Ranji Trophy.
- In April 2021, Jaydev pledged to donate 10% of his IPL salary (He was bought by Rajasthan Royals for Rs nearly INR 30 million in IPL 2020 auction) for India’s fight against the second wave of COVID-19.
Featured Image by Jaydev Unadkat / Instagram